WHAT DOES THE APP OFFER?
The app uses Bluetooth and small transmitters, called beacons, on the exhibition walls to determine when in-depth information is available for objects near you, and alerts you to these offerings as you walk around. You can access a variety of audio and multimedia content by clicking on the appropriate object.
Spoken audio providing background information on the exhibits is available in two variations: you can listen to an expert’s explanation of the object, or hear it discussed conversationally as if by a friend. Fascinating details wait to be discovered for many objects, and stories incorporating contemporary eye-witness accounts allow visitors to immerse themselves in the world of the 16th century. You can also use our ‘speedometer of change’ to discover something about your own attitude toward changes in the world.
You can download the app onto your smartphone at home, or use the free internet access in the foyer of the GNM.
Overview of the app’s offerings:
- Automatic alerts identifying objects for which more detailed information is available using Bluetooth technology
- Audio guide in two variations: tours with experts, and visiting the museum with a friend
- Detail views of selected objects
- Audio stories with contemporary eye-witness accounts
- Interactive ‘Change-o-meter’ for exploring your own attitude toward change
- Content available in German or English.