- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
The preferences screen would be written in English if you don't choose Japanese language on Android.
Kagura RSS is an RSS Reader for Live Wallpaper.
It has 5 ways to display news.
List: Displays scrolling text right to left.
Ribbon: Displays scrolling text right to left, top to bottom, and any directions.
Ring: Displays text on circle likes a ring
Star Wars: Likes the opening crawl Star Wars.
Warp: Diving in the sea of information.
Kagura RSS (Free) Limits you List and Ribbon, accepts only one RSS feed.
Kagura RSS (Paid) Gives you all display styles and RSS feeds as many as you want.
Kagura RSS (Free)
Kagura RSS (Paid)
Sync your feeds once and read even when offline. Thoughtfully designed to deliver the best reading experience. Widgets let you get the latest news right on your homescreen. And it's optimized for tablet reading.
Supports Feedly, Feedbin, Bazqux, and FeedHQ
The press says
"What sets Amber apart from the pack is beauty and functionality."
"One of the most beautiful new apps of 2014."
fullscreen reading mode
light + dark themes
three fully customizable widgets
offline reading and image caching
flawlessly smooth scrolling
font options, sizes, and settings
expandable news notifications in the status bar (4.2+)
save and share articles with one tap
search for new feeds
in-app image galleries
article navigation while reading
swipe to mark articles as read
Report a bug or tell us how much you love us. Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @reindeercrafts.
You tailor feedly to your tastes by creating a collection of the sites you love to read - blogs, magazines, journals, and more.
Feedly is an RSS news reader re-imagined for android phones and tablets. It makes browsing faster and more fun: the content of your rss feeds, news sites and blogs are transformed into pocket-sized cards which load very fast and are easy to browse.
The feedly UI is custom tailored for a 4" phone, a 7" tablet and a 10" tablet. If you run feedly on a tablet, you will get an experience which is very close to a personalized magazine: a really fun way to track and read your favorite blogs.
When you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.
Feedly makes sharing content on twitter, facebook and google+ very simple, either directly or using Buffer. Feedly also integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
more on http://greader.co
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* If you still get ads: Clear the cache of the market and check the license in gReader again (Menu->More->Check License)
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://greader.co/faq
* You want to suggest new features or report issues, use the Feedback button.
* Localization If you are interested in translating gReader to other languages, visit http://crowdin.net/project/greader/
* Beta: http://greader.co/beta
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Google Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading with full article content without internet connection.
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support (streaming)
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Search feature: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* Recommended items / sources
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
EasyRSS is an unofficial Google Reader app for Android, aiming at providing the best user experience for users to read and manage Google Reader items.
- Sync with Google Reader
- Image downloading for off-line reading
- Simple swipe between starred/all/unread items
- Manage starred items
- View items by tag or subscription
- State saving & syncing
- Slide up & down to move between items
- Font size adjustment
Note: Google Reader account required
Why permissions android.permission.GET_ACCOUNTS and android.permission.MANAGE_ACCOUNTS are needed?
EasyRSS need to acquire the Google accounts on your phone, to make it easier for users to log in.
Special thanks to @teki207 and @soyofuki for Spanish and Japanese translation.
- Disable GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1 devises (for it may cause native crash).
- Enabling GPU acceleration support on Android 4.1/4.2 devices.
- UI updates for popup windows.
- Performance improvements when switching between items.
- Fix re-start of the app when orientation changes.
- Fix bug in syncing (unable to sync sometimes).
- GPU acceleration support.
- Spanish support.
- Be able to save image to SD Card.
- Faster scrolling in viewing items.
- Fix bug in syncing when sync failed.
- Be able to change syncing interval.
- Fix several bugs in syncing.
- Faster "mark all as read".
- Be able to copy item to clipboard.
- Syncing plan optimization.
- Auto-hide item menu.
- Be able to choose between built-in and external browsers.
- UI speed up.
- Built-in browser.
- UI speed up.
- Scrolling improvements.
- Reducing view switching waiting time.
- Setting to turn off mark all as read confirmation.
- UI updates.
- In-app image viewing.
- UI performance improvements.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash when syncing.
- Fix crash bug on some Android devises.
- UI improvements, more fluent scrolling and improved menu bar in item reading interface.
- Faster "Mark all as read".
- Showing "1000+" instead of "1000" when there're more than 1000 items.
- Fix a UI issue on ICS machines.
- Dark theme support.
- More sharing options (support sending item content to Google+, etc.)
- Larger font support.
- Turn back to home screen after "mark all as read".
- Fix a bug in "mark previous as read".
- (IMPORTANT) UI update.
- Fix a bug that may cause crash in syncing.
Keywords: RSS, Google Reader, NewsRob, gReader
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer
- Themes: light, dark and night
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Q:How to see one feed only, not whole category?
A:Click arrow icon, it will show all feeds.
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
This app is just a customizable, simple widget which displays RSS feeds on your home screen.
- Resizable (only Android 3.1 and newer)
- lockscreen widget (Android 4.2+)
- multiple feeds in one widget
- text style, size & color changeable
- background color changeable
- icons for reloading & configurating the widget can be hidden
- user defined update interval
- multiple widgets with different configurations
- free & without ads!
If the widget doesn't show up in your launchers widget category, try rebooting your device!
Note: Google Reader will no longer exist after July 1st. Import functionality will be affected
- INTERNET: to receive feed content
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to test if internet connection is available before trying to update
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to cache feeds and display them even when offline
- GET_ACCOUNTS & USE_CREDENTIALS: to request access for importing Google Reader feeds
- automated feed updates
- simplified URL entering
- widget (n/a on apps2sd by android restrictions)
- adjustable notifications
- NO ads
- NO search for feeds
- OPML support
- proxy support
- feed sort
- automated backups to sd card (unencrypted)
Non working feeds and bugreports via email please.
JustReader is fast, customizable and easy-to-use RSS Reader client for Android.
It supports some services for now:
- Google Reader
- JustReader works good on tablets on on phones too!
- works offline
- light and nice UI
- podcasts loading
Pls, leave your suggestions here: http://justreader.uservoice.com
Do not post questions in Android Market comments. I can't reply you.
Also you can contact me by email
As of 1.0: trial version, requires unlock key after 7 days.
Please note that I don't do support over email. Report issues to the issue tracker or the forums. Please report crashes through the issue tracker instead of android built-in reporting function - this way the problem could be properly discussed and fixed.
Licensed under GPL, source is available on Github: https://github.com/gothfox/Tiny-Tiny-RSS-for-Honeycomb
See the project page for more information: http://tt-rss.org/tt-rss-android
Tiny Tiny RSS is an open source web-based news feed (RSS/Atom) aggregator, designed to allow you to read news from any location, while feeling as close to a real desktop application as possible.
More at http://tt-rss.org/
Difference between News+ and gReader: http://newsplus.co/difference-between-newsplus-and-greader
*** About News+ (Google News)***
Since Google has decided to shutdown Google Reader, lots of new and innovative RSS services have arose to light. Many of those services appeared as worthy replacements, and even an upgrade. We couldn’t choose just one or two, and we also had to make some decisions about how our work will continue. We decided not to pick! We created a new app that is the successor of gReader, taking it’s features and functionality but supports as many reading services as possible: News+.
*** Simple, fast and intuitive ***
Our goal was to create a news reader with the best possible reading experience. Our users LOVED how customizable gReader is, and it made sense because a lot of the feature ideas came from the community itself. So, on News+ users can also quickly read their feeds in a simple and intuitive user interface. Article pages can be reduced to the minimum of just the main contents, so that a reader could just concentrate on, well… reading! Consuming content at places without an internet connection is also possible using the great offline Reading features. You can also let News+ read your news to you when out laud, leaving your hands free for other tasks. These and many more features could be found on the features page, at http://newsplus.co/features/.
*** Why choose just one service? Supporting extensions in News+ ***
The power of News+ is as an aggregator. We took gReader’s functional features and added the ability to expand News+ with extensions. Not just for RSS services, but Read Later services as well (Pocket, Readability or Instapaper), and news websites could be integrated too. We plan on integrating more and more services to News+, making it a one-stop-shop for all your news and articles needs. In a single, unified user interface, you can now read and consume content from various different services, and the list will just get bigger and bigger.
Extensions are independent app that can be created and published by everyone. News+ recognized the extensions by itself and shows them directly in the app. Here is a list of current services News+ supports:
* Google News
* Tiny Tiny Rss
Finally, we encourage the News+ community to create extension, and have them published to everyone!
*** Links ***
API Documentation and Extension source codes: https://github.com/noinnion/newsplus
Play Store (beta): https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.noinnion.android.newsplus
News+ is an app with Google News features.
RSS Junkie uses it's own server infrastructure for push notifications, so you will get your alerts about new RSS items really quick. An additional advantage is that your phone will consume less battery as it does not have to check for new items each couple of minutes. To offer these feature we do not use Google Reader as backend (and there is no Google Reader sync). We use 'green' servers, which are power-efficient and uses environment friendly power.
- Push notifications using GCM (nearly realtime, in comparison to polling it is faster and uses less battery)
- Offline reading
- Star your favorite items so they are remembered
- Efficient communication protocol, so it saves you bandwidth/datalimit (all the heavy work is done on a server, compressing both images and text)
- Tablet layout (with high quality images) for Nexus 7, Nexus 10, Asus Transformer, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, etc.
- Android 2.2+, but specially designed for Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and Jelly Bean (JB) (for devices like the Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4 and the Samsung Galaxy S3)
- Presets for popular channels: CNN, USA Today, BBC News, Engadget, The Verge, etc.
- Green/Blue/Dark color theme
- Pebble Smartwatch notifications
- OPML import/export
RSS Junkie displays ads to recover some of the costs of the infrastructure. As an option, you can buy RSS Junkie in the main menu (and ads are not displayed anymore).
Please contact me to resolve any issues, or if you have any suggestions.