Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. County-based alerts can result in false alarms, warning you when your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
These features come with your app download:
• Get voice alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via push notification anywhere in the United States.
• Hi-Def radar map is your home screen so you can quickly see what's going on at your locations.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Save additional locations to ensure family members stay safe.
View NOAA severe weather alerts on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alerts to view info
• Show multiple severe weather layers on the map at the same time
• Flood watches & warnings
• Tornadoes & Thunderstorms
• Hurricane & Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Winter storms
• Marine & Coastal alerts
• Radar & Clouds
• Wind Speed
• Snow Fall
• Road Weather
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Buy Premium Weather ($0.99 per month) to unlock these 3 features:
1) Future Radar - See forecasted radar imagery.
2) Future Temperature Map - See forecasted temperature map.
3) Storm Tracks - See how fast storms are moving and where in the next few minutes.
• Buy Lightning ($0.99 per month) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Get push notifications for lightning strikes near your locations.
2) See lightning on the map within 100 miles of a selected location.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of your purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off before the end of the current period.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the Google Play Store menu and selecting 'Subscriptions' after purchase.
• After a free trial ends (if offered), your subscription will automatically convert to a paid subscription. You may cancel your subscription before your free trial is up to avoid being charged.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company.
View help and tips at support.stormshieldapp.com.