Somewhere nearby is Colossal Cave, where others have found fortunes in treasure and gold, though it is rumored that some who enter are never seen again. Magic is said to work in the cave.
430 point version of the classic text-based game that started it all.
While this was not the first text-based computer game, it broke new ground and inspired generations of gamers and programmers alike.
Just a few of the memorable lines from the game to jog your memory and pique your interest.
- You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
- "MAGIC WORD XYZZY"
- A hollow voice says "PLUGH".
- A little dwarf just walked around a corner, saw you, threw a little axe at you which missed, cursed, and ran away.
- FEE FIE FOE FOO
- Rubbing the electric lamp is not particularly rewarding. Anyway, nothing exciting happens.
- A huge green fierce snake bars the way!
This implementation is a translation of Don Woods 430 point extension to William Crowther's original Colossal Cave Adventure. At this point, it pretty much stays true to the original.
You can change the font size of the text displayed on the screen. Use the preferences to choose between small, medium (default), large, and extra-large.
Text to Speech
You can have the game read aloud provided you have a Text to Speech library installed (Android 1.6+) and at least one English speaking locale. I don't know how useful this will be, but I'm enjoying it.
Also, it will warn you when you start the application if you have it turned on, just in case you are in a "quiet" area (meeting at work, library, etc.).
The Preferences menu item will allow you to turn on/off the feature as well as choose the locale you wish to speak.
This feature is not required to play the game, it is just a fun addition that I wanted to offer.
If your device supports voice recognition, you can now speak your commands to the game.
When you speak your command, the voice recognition engine will show you a list of words that it understood you to say, allowing you to choose the correct one from that list.
You can customize the behavior of this as follows using the Preferences menu option:
- Turn on/off the voice recognition capability.
- Direct it to take the best match to your spoken command and automatically use it.
- Direct it to show you up to 5 matches to your spoken command.
- Direct it to show you up to 10 matches to your spoken command.
It does take a little time learning how to speak to it so that it will understand, but as the voice recognition technology continues to improve, so should your experience here.
Also, you won't be able to use voice recognition for everything. The magic words, for example, aren't exactly something you can speak.
Finally, for those words that don't distinguish themselves from others in the first 5 characters, I've built a translator to help. For example, you speak "Northeast" and select it, the game will translate that to "ne" which it will understand. If you encounter any of these that I've missed, contact me and I will add them.
I don't know how useful this will be, but I'm enjoying it.
There are a couple on the developer's web site as well as some short ones to help you out if you need it.
There is now a menu option that will make it easier to contact the developer with any issues you may have.
This game has a lot of history behind it. Check out the developer's web site for more information.
Jump, slice, turn... You need to escape from the cave. Try to get you free and alive.
Download this free game to your device now and you will be able to play this awesome game everytime and everywhere. It's compatible with tablets and mobile phones.
It's a free game. Download it now.
This particular explorer will need your help in this nose doctor game because he is having some troubles breathing through it and hopefully you are well skilled to take care of the situation. Of course, your tools are already prepared in this medical game online so hopefully you will clean up and start inspecting his nose as soon as possible. You need to remember to follow the instructions as they will guide you through the nose medic game, telling you what to do, each step of the way.
Do not try to start doing random things because this will hurt the patient and the procedure might go wrong. Keep trying your best to complete all the steps of the operations as if they all go smoothly you will give the young explorer boy a nice pathway for breathing and this will definitely help him on his future quests. Have a great time in this explorer doctor game.
- Includes beautiful 3D, world map and cute props
- Attractive graphics for kids eyes!
- Collect Dinars as much as you can while exploring the world map.
- Use Dinars to unlock 5 letter and 6 letter words.
- The more Dinar you collect means the more vocabulary you learn
- Explore the world using your gyroscope. Stunning!
- Collect all Jawi alphabets in the map and solve the puzzle.
- Learn and study anywhere and anytime!!!
- Jawi Exlporer is a free application to help children learnt basic Jawi alphabets in a simple and easy way.
- These are the fundamental steps in learning how to sort words in Jawi.
Masterpiece of epic fantasy, takes you to Valhalla, the country of einherjars, and unleash your summoner powers.
Unveil the secret of World Tree-Yggdrasil, explore amazing dungeons, seek legendary treasures and save the world from Ragnarok, all depend on you!
9 races, more than 300 classical roles, exquisite cards are for your to summon as you want!
Collect, enhance and evolve! Make your winning dream team!
Legendary heroes, ancient monsters and great lords! Immortal einherjars give all their allegiance to you!
Real time turn-based battles, explode your passion!
Gorgeous special effects, and exciting battle experience!
Fight to be the king of arena!
Devise strategies, win battles, cross the Rubicon and show your talented tactics!
Assistant helpers, various teams, fight with your friends!
Resource management, fragment composition, daily rewards, diversified gameplay, just play as you like!
Visit our forum at: http://forum.itov.mobi/
Level 1: Deep within the ocean
Level 2: High up in the sky
Level 3: Straight into the boundless space
1. Tilt your Android device from side to side to navigate.
2. Collect these items to gain points:
• Gem stones
3. Avoid running into these obstacles:
Deep within the ocean
• Sea creatures
• Broken bottles
• Plastic Bags
High up in the sky
• Falling rocks
• And any other flying objects
Straight into the boundless space
• Space ships
• Other space objects
Upon completing your adventure, share and compare scores with your friends through Twitter or Facebook. And if they have not started this adventure, get them to join in the fun too.
Save 100 friends in a procedurally-generated world that's moderately different each and every time you play. Using RANDIA technology.
There are many arcade games to play within the world - find them all and earn coins by playing! Don't crash your computer...
More from developer
- What CPU your phone is using?
- Your Android SDK version?
- Your screen resolution?
- Your battery temperature?
- The amount of RAM your phone has?
- What sensors your phone has?
- The cell towers around you?
- Your IP address?
- The parameters of nearby Wifi hotspots?
- Your current coordinates?
- GPS satellites that your phone has connected to?
Discover the above details and more about your phone when you download and install KnowThyPhone!