Discover the right foods for you, by measuring your genetics, microbes, and personal glucose response to food
The Personal Nutrition Project, led by scientists from the Weizmann Institute of Science, is a novel science-based approach to nutrition. Our goal is to administer personalized dietary interventions that maintain healthy blood sugar levels across human individuals, thus providing direct treatment for pre-diabetics, obesity, and other worldwide epidemics.
High blood sugar levels are a risk factor for many complications, such as type II diabetes, heart disease, and stroke, and also cause more weight gain. We therefore need to control our blood sugar levels. But since different people have different responses to food, we have to find out what our personal responses are and plan what we eat accordingly.
We are collecting the health status, genetics, microbes, physical activity, and blood glucose response to food of our study participants. We then use this unique data to develop computer algorithms that predict the personal blood glucose response of each person to any meal.
HOW IT WORKS
1. YOUR SUGAR FIRST: We first record your blood sugar for one full week to find out your personal response to a variety of different foods.
2. LOG YOUR ACTIVITIES: To find out what affects your blood sugar during your sugar recording week, you will log your food intake, sleep patterns, exercises, and other weekly activities using this App
3. YOUR PERSONAL FOOD RESPONSES: You will receive personal predictions of your response to many foods, and see your response to foods that you ate and to other logged events such as sleep and exercise.
4. YOUR GENETIC MAKEUP: We will profile your DNA, and tell you how your personal genome sequence may affect your response to food
5. YOUR PERSONAL MICROBES: We will also measure the composition of the 100 trillion microbes that reside in your gut. These microbes affects your health, well-being, and your response to food.
6. PLAN YOUR DIET: Using our automated diet planner, you will be able to construct a personal diet that meets key nutritional requirements for vitamins and minerals while matching your food preferences, personal food response, genetic makeup, and microbial composition.
Read more at: http://www.personalnutrition.org