Strong Minds App is a free app which provides mental health tools through interactive stories, pictures, and guided meditations. We have no ads or fees, and we don’t collect personal information.
Strong Minds App can help you learn about your feelings and develop practical skills for happiness and resilience. It has many sections and draws from theories such as CBT, mindfulness, and positive psychology.
Why learn this stuff?
By learning about your feelings and emotions, you can make peace with the difficult ones, enjoy the positive ones, and better understand the people around you. By working with your thoughts and actions, you can also learn how to lift your mood when life gets tough.
What do I need?
This version of Strong Minds will work on most android phones and some tablets. We are currently working on tablet compatibility.
Is this app for me?
This is for kids, youth, and adults who are young at heart. Whether you want to learn about yourself, improve your mood, or take care of your mental health, this app could be for you. That being said, it is not meant to treat mental illness.
Strong Minds app includes these sections:
* Find Your Feeling - 35 feelings or emotions with facial expressions, explanations, and possible coping strategies. It includes equal numbers of happy and sad emotions. A new app feature allows you to share your feeling with your friends through text or email.
* Thoughts - Two entertaining, illustrated stories to learn how thoughts, feelings and actions connect. Another interactive story demonstrates happiness tools. Finally, you are guided through new positive versions of the first two stories.
* Compare the Stories - Provides an easy review of the characters' problems and solutions. It also demonstrates how one character returns to a positive mood.
* Change Your Thought - Step-by-step process to help you apply what you have learned about thoughts, feelings and actions in your daily life. It also saves a thought record for you to come back to.
* Feelings - 10 fun and relaxing meditation recordings. Includes guided-imagery, mindfulness, and loving-kindness meditations. These are kid-friendly and are currently being updated.
* Daily Habit - A simple tracker to help you record the days that you've met your goals.
Strong Minds App is not meant to treat illness or to replace professional care. It is also not meant to prevent disease. If you or your child has a mental health concern, you should find a qualified person to help you. If you have anxiety, ASD, or aspergers, you may find parts of the app helpful, but it is not meant to be a treatment.
We are not-for-profit and we hope that you or your kids can get some joy or comfort from this app. We appreciate any feedback so that we can continue to make it better.
Mind Supports Team