Read the New Testament in the "original" Greek according to the 1881 edition by Westcott and Hort. Version 3.0 is a complete rewrite of my older Greek New Testament app and is for Android 4.x (if you have an older phone you will only be able to install the 2.x version of my app). It offers more features and textual tools than any other Greek New Testament app available on Google Play:
(1) The complete text, fully accented, of the Greek New Testament by Westcott and Hort. Every word is clickable and shows a popup with a short definition and the full morphology.
(2) All differences from the Nestle-Aland 26/27 text are indicated by traditional text-critical sigla. Words that have variations or are omited in NA26/27 are in bright red and touchable to reveal the NA26/27 version.
(3) A searchable Greek lexicon, based on Strong's short definitions, is available.
(4) The ASV translation of every verse is viewable in an interlinear fashion.
(5) The entire text, both Greek and English, is fully searchable. The Greek text can be searched by form or lemma. *NEW*
(6) Lexical entries can be searched by Strong number in addition to prefix. *NEW*
(7) Text can be resized by pinch-and-zoom. *NEW*
(8) One can either browse to a given chapter or page through a book one chapter at a time by a swipe motion. *NEW*
(9) A bookmarking and comment system. Just touch on the verse number and save the bookmark, optionally adding a comment. *NEW*
(10) The app will remember the device so that future license checks are not needed! *NEW*
The Greek meanings are from the modern and scholarly New Testament Greek-English Lexicon based on Semantic Domains, published by the United Bible Societies. All the Greek meanings are listed in 93 domains or groups of meanings, providing an accurate and precise meaning analysis.
The main editor of this dictionary, Prof Johannes Louw, was also the main translator of the ScriptureDirect Interlinear Translation. He was assisted by Dr Bennie Wolvaardt, Founding President of Veritas College International.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or require support. You can reach us here: www.scripturedirect.com
The Greek New Testament app is a Bible Study app that gives you a modern critical edition of the Greek New Testament, the Society of Biblical Literature Greek New Testament (SBLGNT), for free. This Greek New Testament reader app comes with:
-beautiful display (SBL Greek font, accents, breathing marks, and iota subscripts)
-complex search capabilities
-the critical apparatus of the SBLGNT
-complete morphology with parsing and lemmatization (**available for in-app purchase**)
This app is great for seminary and university students, pastors, or anyone else wanting to use and/or improve their Biblical Greek.
THE GREEK TEXT
The SBLGNT, edited by Michael W. Holmes and published jointly by the Society of Biblical Literature and Logos Bible Software, is a modern critical edition of the Greek New Testament, based primarily on four previous editions of the Greek text of the New Testament: Wescott-Hort, Tregelles, NIV, and Robinson-Pierpont. The text of the SBLGNT differs from the Nestle-Aland/United Bible Societies text in more than 540 variation units.
The Greek text of the Greek New Testament app is beautiful and easy-to-read in the SBL Greek font. The text is displayed with all of the appropriate accents, breathing marks, and iota subscripts, as well as the paragraphing and layout of the printed edition. You are free to adjust the size of the text, the left/right margins and the line-spacing for more comfortable reading.
You can find any passage quickly by selecting the desired book, chapter and verse.
SIMPLE AND COMPLEX SEARCHES
You can easily conduct one-word searches without typing any Greek, or you can use our elegant, yet powerful, search syntax to gain more control over the search, searching for virtually any combination of Greek words. With the addition of the Greek morphology (in-app purchase), you can search by lemma (dictionary form) instead of the surface form of the text.
You can see the variants from the critical apparatus of the SBLGNT simply by touching the text-critical symbols.
MORPHOLOGY **AVAILABLE FOR IN-APP PURCHASE**
You can touch any word in the text to see the lemma and parsing information for that Greek word. This is a great Bible study tool for those wanting to read the New Testament in Greek or brush up on their Greek skills.
IMPORTANT - This is a complete rewrite of the app so learning progress will be lost. You may want to install this release separately if that is important.
New Features - Several new learning modes including Quiz mode, Game mode and Flashcards. There are also settings to only do small amounts of random words in Quiz and Game modes. Progress can be tracked in the progress screen which shows charts of your learning progress. Learning can now be reset as well.
This is the premier software for learning the vocabulary for New Testament Greek (Koine). The app features nearly 800 words which comprises 89% of the written text. (The remaining 11% is comprised primarily of names which are easy to read once you learn the vocabulary).
The app is divided into 8 Lessons which are sorted by word frequency. Lesson I covers the most basic words and Lesson VIII the most difficult. Each Lesson saves it's own progress so when you exit and come back, you start learning right where you left off.
The learning engine we have designed keeps track of what you know and what you do not know. It feeds words back to you in intervals to optimize learning. If you miss a word, it will appear more frequently. Once you have answered it correctly a few times, it is marked as learned.
NOTE: The app assumes the ability to read the Greek alphabet, at least on a basic level. The app does not currently cover any grammar, as it is designed explicitly for building vocabulary, but a separate app covering grammar is in the works.
We set the King James Version Bible and The Book of Mormon and other LDS scriptures in one system.
*A function of the voice reading aloud is added from Ver2.1.0 !
(Default Android TTS is used in VB21)
You can learn the Great 4 Scriptures in one system.
This is a special version for LDS.
-'VB21 ON-LINE SITE' for PC (New release)
-Comparison of versions
-Export / Import
-Real Book (KJV New Testament only)
-Online Game "Bible Master"
We support the same function as PC version of Visual Bible 21 on the Smartphone.
We also cover the Scripture Guide.
In Scriptures Guides, you can better understand the Bible along with photos and paintings in excess of 1,000.
All illustrations of Dore famous illustrator of the Bible are completely included.
(More than 1000 illustrations and other images are only visible on Online.)
It is not only readable Bible, but also watchable, writable, and enjoyable Bible.
One-handed operation is OK for the basic operation!
We provide the light works and support your comfortable Bible Life.
Let’s get a notch better Visual Bible 21 on your android!
System1: Bible colloquial Japanese / Japanese Version
System15: Colloquial Japanese + King James Version / Japanese Version
System2: Japanese New Interconfessional Translation Bible / Japanese Version
System26: Japanese New Interconfessional + Today's English Version / Japanese Version
System5: King James Version / English Version
System6: Good News Translation (GNT or GNB/TEV) / English Version
System7: World English Bible / English Version
System8: American Standard Version / English Version
System56:KJV + GNT / English Version
System57:KJV + WEB / English Version
System58:KJV + ASV / English Version
For other versions, please contact us.
*Maps are included in app no internet connection needed!
*App to SD is supported for Android 2.2 and above
*Crystal Clear PDF's optimized to fit your screen perfectly
*A PDF reader such as Adobe Reader is required to view the hymns.
*Support an aspiring LDS developer
If you need help please contact me for support. Leaving a bad review does not help me or you.
Non Android deviceswith custom roms such as the Nook Color or HP Touchpad are not supported at this time.
- More than 5,700 authoritative and time-tested study notes offer straightforward communication and clear understanding
- 48 revised in-text maps and charts - modernized and redrawn for stress-free reference
- Enhanced concordance with added Hebrew and Greek word studies gives deeper insight
- Christ and the Gospels, Paul and His Letters, Bible Prophecy indexes.
- Words of Christ in red
- Doctrinal and archaeological footnotes and personality profiles written by trusted, conservative pastors and Bible teachers
- Comprehensive book introductions and outlines
- Complete index to annotations, doctrinal footnotes, personality profiles, and archaeological sites