Turn your Android smartphone into a steering wheel that controls your robot!
Drive carefully! Lego's life is in your hands!
Use at your own risk!
If you lose control on your Lego- just turn it off!
LEGO®is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or endorse this app. This app does not feature any of LEGO's copyrighted or trademarked material, and is in accordance with their fair use guidelines.
Reading data from ultrasonic and compass sensor simultaneously are not supported yet.
If you want to use radar funcionality, you have to build robot type "Explorer".
Stream-O-Bot can control a Lego Mindstorm NXT robot using an Android phone as a controller, while receiving audio and video from a second android phone allowing the user to see and hear what the robot sees! One android is mounted on the NXT Robot to work as a camera, and the other device is used as a remote control in the user's hands.
Don't have two androids or maybe just don't own an NXT? No problem! Our program allows for the user to disable certain features such as the camera and audio allowing for only control of the NXT, no longer needing the second Android phone. The user can also disable the NXT creating a video spy, having audio and video streamed to your second Android.
So sit back in a comfy chair, grab your phone and drive your robot all over the neighborhood from the comfort of your living room. Have fun!
WARNING: Don't let your robot get out of your sight!
You will need:
1. Two Android phones for all the streaming features (only one if you are only looking to control the robot)
2. Internet for streaming audio and video
3. Bluetooth for controlling the NXT robot
4. Lego Mindstorm NXT kit (built with an arm to hold a phone)
Derek Harrington, Chris Gusman, and Ravi Agarwal
This app provides:
1. Ability to connect to the camera phone using EITHER a host name or an IP address to establish the connection.
2. The option to use a slower color video feed or a more responsive gray scale video feed.
3. The option to enable or disable any combination of the following preferences:
a. Video feed
b. Audio feed
c. NXT Control
Button Mode - direct control to your three motors
Sensor Mode - the arm follows the movement of your phone
Drawing Mode - predefined movements to draw numbers from 0 to 9 (but more to go)
Although it is designed to control an Robotic Arm you can use it for any Lego Mindstorms creation of yours because you have direct access to all the three motors and individual adjust their power.
If you have any problems or suggestions send me an email.
- Option to create Fake Caller ID .
- Set caller photo from gallery and camera.
- Set caller Name.
- Choose your contact or Enter the phone number.
- Specify a call duration .
- Enable/disable vibration.
- Browse your ringtone,mp3 song.
- Option to Record your voice.
- Option to Select Screen.
Note - All permissions are Only for better service, we never collect user information.
We would love to hear from you. Please let us know by sending an email at email@example.com for any query.
You can control the robot by tilting the phone.
You can also remotely start a program chosen between 3 programs via gesture recognition.
The User Guide is in the application menu.
This app is based on the work done by Nicolas Chemarin, Bastien Tauran and myself during a project of our first year of master's degree.