Danatec’s WHMIS Handbook App for Android and Tablet is a convenient tool for every employee who works around hazardous materials covering the major concepts of chemical safety.
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Canada’s national hazard communication standard, has incorporated the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS); an internationally recognized standard for hazard classification and communication. This app content has been revised to include only current WHMIS requirements, without reference to 1988 regulations.
This clearly written and compact guide can be used as a companion to your Danatec Self-Teach program OR online program, a valuable classroom aid and a useful reference at any time. The WHMIS Handbook App is built around five questions that employees should ask regarding each controlled product they work with:
• Where can I get information about this product?
• What are the hazards of the product?
• How can I use it safely?
• What should I do if something goes wrong?
• What are my rights and responsibilities?
The WHMIS Handbook App allows you to:
• Comprehensively search for terms throughout the handbook
• Have the ability to bookmark pages and write notes
• Have the ability to zoom in/out
• Access to relevant contact information such as e-mail, phone numbers,and maps