I have had it on my sons car for 2 years now. Its takes a while to locate the car, sometimes it wont locate it & the system tells me to wait or ty again. Overall the system is ok. I understand the tech is still new but i think the system is due for an update. Just need to be more current. If google maps can give current location in seconds, why can this? It does the job, just wish it did it a little better.
Would be nice if the commands sent a little faster. And it would be cool if there was a widget, so I could just hit commands from my phone home screen instead of having to log into the app. Also the "auto refresh upon launch" doesn't work. It ALWAYS says my engine is on and the doors are locked when I open the app. So I have to manually refresh it, to see what state the vehicle is in.
For the most part the app works pretty good. The app does not always precisely relay the truth about the state of the vehicle. For instance, I know the engine is off and the doors are locked but until I click to turn off the vehicle and lock the doors the app will not update the status. Even turning off the app and restarting the app does not work. Further to this, it would be nice to have an update status button on the home page of the app, like the one on the map page.
Has worked for me about 98% of the time. The other 2% is when my car doesn't have a cell signal, I'm guessing. My only gripe is that it locks the doors on my Honda every time I start it and then I have to use my key to manually unlock the door. The key fob doesn't work with the car running. Any way to prevent an '09 Honda Civic from locking doors on start?
On my 3rd yearly subscription now, havent had any issues aside from the server going down Oct 2016. Very convenient, does what it's supposed to do. Just have to make sure you have signal wherever it's parked - e.g. no signal in underground parking
Prior to 2/23/17, App was ok. Not great, but It did what it was expected for the most part. What i mean was, i would always, always get an error the first try... it never just worked the first time, weather it was to start the car, lock it, etc... now, since they did an update on 2/23/17, the app is useless.. does not work at all... constantly get error 201 (vehicle not responding). No solution is available. The app sucks.. i really hope they fix it soon.. 700$ for something that works "sometimes" was bad, but now for one that doesn't work at all ???? Ridiculous.
● Improved Communication – We have updated our command protocol to bring you more reliable communication.
● Revamped Troubleshooting System – We completely overhauled the troubleshooting system within DroneMobile to help you solve any issues you may be having.
● Service Mode – You can now place your Drone into Service Mode. This will disable all commands for a set time so that your Authorized DroneMobile Dealer can successfully troubleshoot any issues you are having.
● Bug and content fixes.