The practice of Self-inquiry, called Atma-vichara in Sanskrit, is the most important meditation practice in the Vedantic tradition. It is the main practice of the yoga of knowledge (Jnana Yoga), which itself is traditionally regarded as the highest of the yogas because it takes us most directly to liberation.
Self-inquiry is the primary method through which Self-realization-- the realization of our true nature beyond mind and body--is achieved. Self-inquiry is mainly known today through the teachings of Ramana Maharshi (1878-1950), who made this approach accessible to the general public, offering it to any individual who was capable of receiving the teaching.
Dailypedia has selected 6 of these Great Masters of Self Inquiry:
- Ramana Maharishi
- Robert Adams
- Annamalai Swami
- Nisargadatta Maharaj
We have handpicked their most powerful quotes & created an epic Dailypedia App
The app has some nice features:
- Browse Dailytunes now & set them as your app tune!
- Weekly planner to set different tune for different day!
- Set Daily tunes as Ringtone or Alarm Tone!
- Share daily quote on social network & using other messaging tools
- Listen to background music, to create a serene environment
- Set an alarm to receive daily quote notification
- Add Quotes to your favorites
- Copy the quote to Clipboard
- In app purchase (to make the application Ad free)
- Look at other Dailypedia Apps
Download now & start your self Inquiry on Daily basis, ask yourself WHO AM I? and get realized!