1. WiFi off if screen off (White widget)
2. WiFi on if screen off (Green Widget)
3. WiFi on if screen off & charging (Amber Widget)
Delete existing widgets and re-add them to show new icons
The app does _not_:
- Turn on your wi-fi automatically. It just keeps it enabled if you have turned it on yourself through any other automatic or manual means.
- do special things to manage turning off wi-fi. There haven't been any reports of wi-fi not turning off when specified so that is left to Android built-in policies
Explanation for permissions requested:
Modify Global Settings: To modify wi-fi policy settings
View WiFi State: To check current wifi state
Change WiFi State: For a work around that needs to reset your wifi connection on some devices
Prevent phone from sleeping: Some devices need a partial or full wake lock in order to keep the wifi running
Full Internet Access: This is again for a workaround that requires pinging your gateway or another address. Without requesting this permission, the pinging fails. The app DOES NOT use the internet for accessing anything else and DOES NOT send or receive any data to/from the internet.
Receive Boot event: Used to keep the application working across phone reboots if needed.
Reddit username: shantzg001
* Compete on the global WiGLE leaderboard for most networks located!
* Export to CSV files on SD card (comma separated values)
* Export to KML files on SD card (to import into Google Maps/Earth)
* Audio and Text-to-Speech alerting
* Local database to track new networks found
* Real-time map of networks found (Open Street Map)
* Can move app to SD card
* "Mute" button to shut off all sound/speech immediately
* Bluetooth GPS support through mock locations
* No ads
For wifi and cell towers to be mapped, you must wait for your device to determine the current location, via GPS or Network-location.
On map: the circles are Wifi, squares are cell towers. Light colors are networks seen before, purple ones are new for the local database.
If you have trouble logging in, or have suggestions, send us an email to email@example.com and we'll be happy to help out.
Needs "Reads Phone State" in order to tell if a phone call is in progress, to mute the audio (sounds and speech).
Files are available to help with a human translation to non-english languages. This was mostly a mechanical translation, because we obviously don't know all these languages. You can help to improve things by making pull requests at:
or sending to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep on stumbling.