When you find out you’re pregnant, you quickly realize your to-do list for the next few months has grown—a lot. And that the best way to get everything done is to enlist trusted experts to support you along the way. Your team might already include a skilled physician, best girlfriends, and your favorite nurse.
We’d like to try out for Team Mom, too. So we created a comprehensive maternity program called BestBeginnings, available to Premera customers, to provide the information you need for a happy, healthy pregnancy. And after your baby is born, the app will be your go-to for detailed health topics and tracking tools for baby, plus tips and tricks for new parents.
With the BestBeginnings app for your PREGNANCY, you can:
• Track your medical milestones
• Prep for doctor visits
• Log your health history and test results
• Research questions before and after baby comes
• Track your weight with the Weight Tracker
With the BestBeginnings app for your BABY, you can:
• Manage your baby’s health needs from 0 to 2 years old
• Research important clinical topics for newborns and young children like developmental milestones by age, literacy, dental health, and nutrition
• Stay on top of challenges facing new parents, including a postpartum depression screening
• Access life hacks for new parents—from baby’s first week at home, to sleep, swaddling, and travel
• Track everything from diaper changes and feedings, to growth and vaccinations
This app is powered by Wildflower Health, an independent company, on behalf of Premera. Register using your Premera ID to get started.
Some Premera members may also be eligible for:
• Extra clinical support. Premera’s clinical maternity specialists are here for you when you need them. Their knowledge is especially helpful for moms who have a history of multiple births, pre-term birth, miscarriage, or complicating health conditions. The team is also here for you if you’re dealing with difficult emotions during pregnancy or after your baby comes.
• NICU support. In the event things don’t go as planned, BestBeginnings offers care management for families with a baby in the neonatal intensive care unit.
And of course, you have access to all of Premera’s maternity and newborn benefits, including prenatal care, postpartum care, breast pumps, and more.
We welcome your comments and suggestions about the BestBeginnings app; please send them to email@example.com.
For issues downloading or using the app, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Premera Blue Cross is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association serving businesses and residents of Alaska and Washington, excluding Clark County.