This is very useful for those who live in Rome and all the tourists that looking for the city guide.
- Local news
- City Map with top attractions (available offline)
- Information on restaurants, bars, pubs and hotels in Rome.
- Public Transport (Atac, subway, Trenitalia)
- Local Weather
- Travel Info (main sights, history, geography, climate, monuments and main sights)
Here you will find current information about many points of interest, maps, photos, a five-day weather forecast, the option to share information with friends, etc.
Facilitate your travel and stay in Rome by following the driving/walking directions to the places of your interest. Take advantage of the subway map in the application and never get lost en route to any sightseeing spot or attraction.
Enjoy high quaility pictures shared by the millions who have already visited this great and ancient city.
Relive the days of the Roman empire while you glide throughout the most spectacular places of Rome: the Colosseum, Vatican City, Saint Peter's Square, the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon, the Borghese Gallery, the Roman Forum, Circus Maximus, Castle Sant Angelo, and many other attractions and sightseeings with our Android Rome guide in your hands!
Keep in mind that we are constantly adding and improving the application database, so you always will have up to date information at your fingertips.
Discover new places, and browse full featured offline map on your device. Our OFFLINE Map is high resolution, and you can using this map without data roaming, WIFI Connection and hidden costs!
10 LANGUAGES supported:
english, german, french, russian, korean, portuguese, spanish, japanese, italian, chinese
- complete offline map with GPS geolocation (100% offline)
- attractions list with description & photo (offline)
- multilingual city information about transport, food, history, airports and many others information like clima table or eat & events (offline)
- currency converter: euro, british pound, US dollar, chinese Youan, Japanese Yen, Korean Won, Rupee, Russian Ruble (offline)
- multilingual interface
- hotels deals (online module)
- Things to do & trips
Discover cities and places with our offline app. Our Offline Map & Guide provides you with an easy way to find anything.
Browse a full featured offline map on your device and find your way.
- Over 450,000 hikers use our apps (iPhone, And. & BB)
- Social media sharing plugin
- No roaming costs
- Multilingual interface & descriptions
- Available in 7 languages
- Adds free
- Tablet & retina screen ready
- Mutilingual interface and descriptions the best way to explore attractions of the city.
- Simple Currency Converter. Find the currency exchange rates and convert world currencies with our tool.
- Lists of tourist attractions. Complete list with most popular tourist attractions, monuments and landmarks.
- Quick Share. Share your trips, recommend sights and attractions with social media plugin.
- Hotels booking. Search, save, manage & book best hotels and hostels. Find the cheapest rates for hotels worldwide.
- Detailed descriptions. Now you got everything you need in your phone. Detailed descriptions, maps, nearby hotels and things to do around selected place.
- ToDo. Sightseeing tours, attractions, excursions, things to do and fun activities
Rome is a huge city with several district articles containing sightseeing, restaurant, nightlife and accommodation listings — consider printing them all.
Rome (Italian: Roma), the Eternal City, is the capital and largest city of Italy and of the Lazio (Latium) region. It's the famed city of the Roman Empire, the Seven Hills, La Dolce Vita (the sweet life), the Vatican City and Three Coins in the Fountain. Rome, as a millenium-long centre of power, culture and religion, having been the centre of one of the globe's greatest civilizations ever, has exerted a huge influence over the world in its c. 2500 years of existence.
The Historic Centre of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. With wonderful palaces, millenium-old churches and basilicas, grand romantic ruins, opulent monuments, ornate statues and graceful fountains, Rome has an immensely rich historical heritage and cosmopolitan atmosphere, making it one of Europe's and the world's most visited, famous, influential and beautiful capitals. Today, Rome has a growing nightlife scene and is also seen as a shopping heaven, being regarded as one of the fashion capitals of the world (some of Italy's oldest jewellery and clothing establishments were founded in the city). With so many sights and things to do, Rome can truly be classified a "global city".
Plan and have the perfect trip! Book your hotel and enjoy restaurant reviews and shared user content.
Here is why 10+million travelers love Ulmon Offline & City Guides:
Didn’t you always want to have an easily portable and compact travel assistant that allows planning your trips to foreign countries and cities upfront? So turn your smartphone or tablet into a digital Rome City Guide and planner leading you through YOUR choices of restaurants, hotels and which attractions to visit. Enjoy recommendations and reviews of other enthusiastic travelers and tourists. Always keep your orientation and find the direction to the next place; completely without roaming and offline.
With this Rome offline map and city guide you enjoy a wide variety of advantages:
Simply download and try this Rome city guide for free. There is absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
Never get lost and keep your orientation. See your location on the Rome offline map, even without an internet connection. Find streets, attractions, restaurants, hotels, local nightlife and other POIs – and get guided in the walking direction of places you want to see.
IN-DEPTH TRAVEL CONTENT
Have all the information offline and freely portable. For each destination, access comprehensive and up-to-date information covering thousands of places, attractions, points of interest and many hotel booking options within this Rome travel guide.
SEARCH AND DISCOVER
Find the best restaurants, shops, attractions, hotels, bars, etc. Search by name, browse by category or discover nearby places using your device’s GPS – even offline and without data roaming.
GET TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
Find tips and recommendations from locals and tourists. Browse offline in this Rome guide for the most popular attractions, restaurants, shops, hotels, nightlife places, etc.
PLAN TRIPS AND CUSTOMIZE MAPS
Create lists of places you want to visit. Pin existing places, like your hotel or a recommended restaurant, to the map. Add your own pins to the map. Find and book hotels from within this Rome city guide.
The Rome Offline Map and the Rome CIty Guide content are fully downloaded and stored on your device. All features, such as address searches and your GPS location also work offline and without data roaming (an internet connection is of course required for initial downloading of data or booking hotels).
Map data and POI are provided by OpenStreetMap and are regularly updated by us. To check the level of detail, go to www.openstreetmap.org. The same applies to Wikipedia travel articles.
DETAILED CITY COVERAGE
Rome the capital of Italy where the Vatican is located and the Pope is at home. Enjoy the flair of ancient roman history visiting the colosseum. Using this guide and its Wikipedia articles you will not miss a single attraction!
Ulmon, the makers of this Rome travel guide app, are a small team of enthusiastic travel freaks in Vienna, Austria. We aim to assist tourists around the world with a portable planner, assistant and trip companion for their vacations and explorations.
Enjoy your travels. Your Ulmon team! :-)
Find out our offline maps!
Beautifull and light (~6 MB) offline maps of Rome and surroundings.
Find out Amerigo!
A revolutionary system that suggest you what to do and where to go based on your context (hour of the day, position, weather, ..)
This is what you can find:
- what to do
- over 1000 detailed points of interest
- where to eat and drink
- spare time
- weather forecast
This is what you can do:
- book a restaurant or a hotel from the App
- find what you need with a smart search engine
- locate a place on the map and get directions
- use the App everywhere in offline mode
- share contents with your friends
- get free updates when you are connected to the internet
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
★ BBC: “The unique advantage of Tripomatic's app is that it can sync up with a web-based itinerary-planning service, available for free at tripomatic.com”
★ PC Magazine: “Tripomatic, an app that makes discovering new places to visit interesting.”
★ Guardian’s Android App of the week
★ Featured as one of the Best Travel Apps of 2012 by The Next Web
★ Gizmodo’s App Deal of the Day
✓ Find nearby attractions on an interactive map
✓ Explore sights with photos, contacts, opening hours and admission fees
✓ Get your personal travel guide based on day-by-day planning
✓ Plan your trip right from the phone
✓ Add custom places to save locations important to you and easily find them again
✓ Edit your trip anywhere from any device using www.tripomatic.com
✓ Enjoy easier trip planning with trip templates
✓ Easily search and filter attractions
✓ Download and print PDF trip guide (available for free on www.tripomatic.com)
✓ Share your trip in a neat infographic with your friends
To access 300+ more destinations worldwide, download the full-fledged Tripomatic app for free. Available at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tripomatic
Service works from 6:30 AM to 24:00 PM CET (GMT+1).
Information are in real time: requires internet connection.
With the map you can see easily what are the public toilets near you.
For each public bath are indicated days and opening hours and additional information to help you find it.
In addition you can use the navigation system guided to reach the toilet in question.
Help us make WC Rome more and more reliable and accurate by reporting any toilet closed or not working, or by reporting public toilets are not in the map.
The main functions of WC Rome are:
- More than 120 public toilets easily viewable in map
- Detail of every public toilet with name, address, hours and days of opening
- Navigation guided to the selected WC
- Ability to report an enclosed or not working toilet
- Ability to report a new toilet not in the map
Visita i luoghi più particolari e scoprine la storia nascosta... un archivio immenso di particolarità che solo un romano de Roma può sapere!
Dalle tradizioni dei giovanotti romani alle particolarità storiche e culturali... tutto in un'unica raccolta.
La raccolta accresce di giorno in giorno e l'app mette a disposizione tantissime funzioni come:
- Pubblicazione su facebook.
- Creazione di un archivio personale per tenere traccia delle più belle citazioni e curiosità in modo da averle sempre con se senza appuntarle.
- Possibilità di votare le frasi che entreranno in una vera e propria classifica globale.
- Consultazione della classifica delle tradizioni più votate e più caratteristiche che solo quest'applicazione ha raccolto per voi!
Webcam refresh ratio depends on original webcam, not on this app.
Roma, la citta' eterna!
-Fixed bug in fullscreen for Android 1.6, added new webcams from webcams.travel
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY ABOUT ELIZABETH MINCHILLI
“Trust me, no one knows food in Rome like Elizabeth does.”
-Frank Bruni Former Chief Restaurant Critic, New York Times
“Elizabeth is a food writer. Unsurprisingly, she knows all the best places to eat in Rome, including a gelateria that serves a frozen rice pudding (and if they don’t serve this kind of thing in heaven, then I really don’t want to go there.)
-Elizabeth Gilbert, in Eat, Pray, Love.
“Elizabeth Minchilli is my food guru in Rome.”
-Evan Kleiman, Host of KCRW’s Good Food, Best-selling cookbook author
and owner of AngeliCaffe.
WHAT DOES THIS APP OFFER ?
* EXPERT FOOD ADVICE - Minchilli has been reporting on the food scene in Rome for magazines and newspapers for years, and is the go-to source for insiders.
* MORE than just restaurants, you’ll find bakeries, wine bars, kitchen and food stores, coffee bars and everything a die hard foodie could dream of.
* MORE lively and opinionated content. Minchilli lets you know the score, telling you what you’ll expect and what to look for.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH THIS APP?
* Avoid tourist traps and go straight to the best in Rome.
* Browse through 150 carefully selected entries.
* One click website links go directly to the source.
* Share reviews, photos and user comments
* Access content anytime, anywhere.
* View more than 900 photos.
Stay tuned for the next free upgrade, adding more videos, photos and categories like PICNICS, VEGETARIAN ROME, BEST BUTCHERS and FRESH FISH.
★ About the Author ★
Elizabeth Minchilli has been eating her way through Rome her entire life. She is the author of six books on Italian living, and contributes to over forty magazines and newspapers, including Bon Appetit, Food & Wine and The International Herald Tribune. She has appeared on Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie and KCRW's Good Food. She writes about all the good stuff in Italy on her blog Elizabeth Minchilli in Rome.
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - email@example.com
Las guías turísticas de MobileReference le ayudan a maximizar sus vacaciones. Hay guías para la mayoría de los destinos en el mundo. Las Guías Turísticas de MobileReference han sido descargadas más de 10 millones de veces.
Las guías electrónicas más populares del mundo desarrolladas para un eReader o smartphone tienen las siguientes características:
✔ Mapas GPS se cargan a la memoria de su smartphone – no requiere acceso a la red una vez descargada la aplicación.
✔ Mapas GPS muestran su ubicación incluyendo atracciones turísticas cercanas.
✔ Guías de MobileReference usan mapas de vectores para que se carguen rápido y sean fáciles de ampliar y mover.
✔ Al contrario de otras guías turísticas, las coordenadas GPS han sido comprobadas por usuarios en los destinos.
✔ Las 10 atracciones turísticas imprescindibles contienen atracciones que ningún visitante debería perderse.
✔ Se puede acceder a los archivos de las atracciones turísticas a través de un índice alfabético y categórico.
✔ Los archivos incluyen consejos sobre lo que hacer y ver en su destino.
✔ Guías de conversación incluyen palabras y expresiones habituales.
✔ Al contrario que otras guías turísticas, las coordenadas GPS han sido comprobadas por usuarios en los destinos.
✔ Direcciones, teléfonos, horarios de apertura e información de entrada están incluidos.
✔ Los mejores restaurantes han sido individualmente seleccionados por los editores de MobileReference. Estos restaurantes están marcados por una estrella en el capítulo COMER y aparecen en el mapa GPS.
✔ No hay anuncios.
✔ No hay cargos de roaming.
Las Guías Turísticas de MobileReference proporcionan información práctica y detallada sobre atracciones turísticas, monumentos, transporte, espacios culturales, restaurantes, alojamientos, historia y mucho más. Contienen índices alfabéticos y categóricos, facilitando el acceso a artículos individuales. También es posible ver las atracciones turísticas en un mapa GPS sin acceso a internet junto a su ubicación actual para poder fácilmente encontrar atracciones turísticas cercanas mientras explora la ciudad.
Esta guía totalmente operativa es completamente gratuita. La versión completa (sólo $4.99) amplía los archivos con más información sobre las atracciones turísticas, historia, geografía y más.
TABLA DE CONTENIDOS:
Esenciales: Guía de Conversación | Comer | Beber | Alojamientos | Salud y Seguridad | Mantenga Contacto | Información Útil | Conversión de Unidades
1. General: Historia | Geografía | Clima | Economía
2. Mapas: Ciudad | Itinerarios | Metro | Tranvía | Distritos | Rioni | Ciudad del Vaticano | Lacio | Mar Tirreno | Italia
2.1 Roma Imperial: 7 Montes | Mapas | Modelos
3. Transporte: Cómo Llegar | Desplazarse | Metro | Vía Tranviaria
4. Puntos Turísticos: Mapa | Los 10 Imprescindibles | A-Z | Los Indispensables por Categoría | Itinerarios | Actividades | Compras | Museos | Iglesias | Palacios | Fuentes | Plazas | Edificios y Estructuras
5. Por Zona: Centro Moderno | Roma Antigua | Gueto de Roma | Vaticano | Coliseo | Isla Tíber | Centro del Norte | Trastévere | Aventino-Testaccio | Esquilino-San Giovanni | Nomentano | Los Siete Montes | Rioni | Escapadas
6. Puntos Turísticos de la Roma Antigua: Foro Romano | Foro Imperial | Fora Venalia | Templos | Termas | Acueductos | Arcos | Columnas | Obeliscos | Murallas | Calles
7.1 General: Visión General | Historia | Geografía | Cómo Llegar | Comer | Alojamientos
7.2 Ciudades y Pueblos Principales: Anzio | Civita Castellana | Civitavecchia | Fiumicino | Gaeta | Latera | Latina | Rieti | Sperlonga | Subiaco | Tarquinia | Terracina | Tivoli | Tuscania | Viterbo
7.3 Otros Destinos: Bomarzo | Castelli Romani | Cerveteri | Civita di Bagnoregios | Fiuggi | Lago de Bolsena | Lago de Bracciano | Montecassino | Ostia Antica | Ponza | Sabinia | Sutri | Vulci
This application allows users to receive official news and updates, in Italian and English, about all our activities: (current and planned) exhibitions, events and educational visits hosted in the 20 civic museums of Rome’s Musei in Comune network, simple to use and providing high quality content with rich graphics. A single application for the whole network linking and coordinating the heterogeneous and valuable cultural heritage of the Civic Museums of Rome.
All information is conveniently organized into sections:
Fast and easy to use: scrolling through the sections with a single finger you can access information and all other sections in an intuitive way, use tab bar icons to navigate from one section to the other, and consult the information in a transversal way.
In the "Museums" section you can get detailed information for each museum of the network. Selecting a museum you can see: Description of the museum; Opening hours; Info on tickets and bookings; (current and planned) Exhibitions, events, workshops and tours of the museum; Address on Map; Pictures, Video.
In the "Exhibitions, Events and Education" section, you can quickly see all the current and planned exhibits, events and educational activities, in all the museums of the network.
In the "Gallery" section you can see a great selection of high resolution pictures and videos of each museum.
Through the "Map" section you can locate the museum on the map of Roma Capitale, then find directions using GPS location.
The software was developed by DM-PA Solutions
The museums of the Musei in Comune network included in the MiC Rome App are:
1. Musei Capitolini
2. Musei Capitolini - Centrale Montemartini
3. Mercati di Traiano - Museo dei Fori Imperiali
4. Museo dell’Ara Pacis
5. Museo di Scultura Antica Giovanni Barracco
6. Museo della Civiltà Romana
7. Museo delle Mura
8. Villa di Massenzio
9. Museo della Repubblica Romana e della memoria garibaldina
10. Museo di Roma
11. Museo Napoleonico
12. Casa Museo Alberto Moravia
13. Galleria d’Arte Moderna
14. MACRO, MACRO Testaccio e La Pelanda
15. Museo Carlo Bilotti - Aranciera di Villa Borghese
16. Museo Pietro Canonica a Villa Borghese
17. Museo di Roma in Trastevere
18. Musei di Villa Torlonia ( Casina delle Civette, Casino Nobile, Casino dei Principi )
19. Planetario e Museo Astronomico
20. Museo Civico di Zoologia