PLEASE NOTE -- THIS APP IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD BUT THEREAFTER A PAID SUBSCRIPTION TO PLATTER'S DATA IS REQUIRED. A SUBSCRIPTION IS VALID FOR ONE YEAR AND INCLUDES ACCESS TO THE WEB-BASED GUIDE (WWW.WINEONAPLATTER.COM)
Since 1980, Platter's hardcover book has been the winelover's essential guide to exploring the world of South African wine, including reviews of over 8,000 wines by a team of expert judges and key information about more than 900 wine producers. This app is “Platter's in your pocket", with the latest wine descriptions and ratings, plus updated winelands travel information at your fingertips.
1. Platter's app has been developed for the latest phone software versions and all features may not work on earlier versions.
2. The app data is replaced annually at launch of the new printed guide. A subscription allows access to the data for one year from date of subscription purchase, whereafter you will need to renew your subscription.
3. Occasionally there may be wines that are not in the database. Usually this is due to producer non-submission or wines not being ready for review by our tasters. You are welcome to email us to check.
4. Users of the web-based version of the guide (www.wineonaplatter.com) can log in to the app using their current Platter's username and password.
The app features:
- The wine descriptions and ratings for the latest edition (2022), plus all the reviews since 2008
- Search for wines using detailed drop-down menus
- Winery overviews and essential information (owner, winemaker, viticulturist etc)
- Tourist information such as tasting lounge opening hours, visitor attractions and amenities
- Facility to rate the wines yourself
- Facility to save your favourite wines and thereby build a virtual collection
- Facility share your wine discoveries on social media
- Easy winelands navigation via Google maps
- Find wineries near you with built-in geo-location