Need a direct link to the Tether Android installation (APK) file?
Looking for the Premium version of ClockworkMod Tether? It is a $4.99 in app purchase, no additional download necessary!
ClockworkMod Tether does not require root on your phone and does not require a separate tethering plan. Tether should work with any carrier and phone and does not require a carrier's tethering plan. To get around the root requirement on your phone, Tether will need to install a virtual network adapter on your computer; so there is a PC side install.
1) Install this application on your Android phone!
2) Install the Tether software on your PC. If your PC currently has an internet connection, you can download it here:
If your PC does NOT have an internet connection at the moment, start Tether for Android and use the Help button to easily download the PC software to your phone. You can then copy it to your PC and install!
Windows users will also need to install the USB/ADB driver for their phone. Tether's setup process will assist you through that step by step, or you can use the link below!
That's it! Connect your phone via USB to your PC, start Tether, and turn it on! Happy surfing!
If you have problems with Tether, please try the following first:
Disable Firewalls and Antivirus software.
Make sure you area not connected to the internet on wireless or ethernet.
Make sure you are using your OEM's USB data cable (and not just a charge cable).
If still not working, please contact email@example.com and provide the log from the Tether log window!
Tether is a 14 day trial. You will have full unfettered usage for 14 days, after which you will only be able to download 20MB a day. Please buy Tether Premium from the application's menu to unlock the full version and support future development!
Tether speeds slow?
Your USB speed is limited to the speed of the *slowest* peripheral you have connected. It is recommended you unplug any unnecessary/slow USB peripherals to get maximum Tether speeds.
Need a direct link to the Windows Drivers?
Applications that may interfere or cause installation issues with Tether on Windows:
Applications that may interfere with Tether on Mac:
Questions? Comments? Support? Just shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- One touch app with the simplest way.
- Tethering Toggler is a free tethering app for all tethering solutions.
- This application is a shortcut to Mobile AP (Wi-Fi hotspot), USB and Bluetooth Tethering..
- Compatibility: All mobiles having Android 2.2 and above.
- This application is just ONLY a shortcut. If your device DOES NOT SUPPORT Mobile AP (Wi-Fi hotspot) or USB or Bluetooth tethering, this application WILL NOT WORK.
1. This is Widget, not App, if you install it, you should go to Launcher(press Home), Menu->Add->Widget. Android Market OPEN button won't work.
2. Some devices does not support TETHERING. This mean that there's no way to have my widget working. Please read tutorial before installing.
3. Some devices require password. Please follow this link:
http://wp.me/p4cabV-k it might help.
4. Again, this is Widget which helps use Tethering, not featuring your phone with it.
*May not work with 4G access points *
On Huawei devices (maybe other devices, too) BusyBox is still needed
DF Tethering Fix allows you to remove limitation on tethering imposed by android and let you use your mobile access point for tethering.
To avoid to risk to be charged for your traffic first of all you have to disable "Internet from PC" (the procedure depends on your operator).
If the fix doesn't work try to install BusyBox and re-apply the fix.
If it still doesn't work try to reboot your phone.
If you want to contribute to the app you can:
- report a problem
- improve a translation
- add a translation
- leave a review on the Play Store, if your review is not 5 star please contact me via e-mail or at least leave a comment with your motivation
In any case you can contact me via e-mail
Help us with the translation project on http://crowdin.net/project/wifi-connection-manager
NOTE: According to the change of Google Play Mobile Ads policy, devices before Android 2.3 are no longer be supported.
Legacy devices can download the app from: http://www.roamingsoft.com/android/WifiManagerLegacy.apk
1. Support AP (Access Points) SSID with special characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greeks, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, UNICODE and so on.
2. Display saved network password. (require device to be rooted)
3. Fix device Wi-Fi problems.
4. Instant connect. Once searched, once start connecting. Way faster than the system build-in Wi-Fi scanner.
5. Static IP settings support. Auto switch between different AP.
6. Switch between available networks, solving the network conflict problem.
7. Add/Connect to certain hidden SSID network (depends on device and network conditions).
8. Manual add network, with special support for EAP/LEAP encrypted network.
9. Pause scan, convenient to browse many results.
10. More detail network information, network bandwidth, channel and network type.
11. Auto detect Web Authentication.
12. Backup/Restore saved networks.
13. Add/Share Wi-Fi network with QR code.
14. Arrange network connecting priority.
15. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) support for Android 4.0 or above devices.
16. Automatical switch between saved networks when signal is not ideal.
17. Wi-Fi tether (Wi-Fi Hotspot) support.
About the required permissions:
Camera is for adding Wi-Fi network via QR code.
Phone and Internet is for the AdMob plug-in made by Google.
Storage is for backup and restore saved network.
(Wi-Fi or Bluetooth Tethering isn't supported.)
USB tethering is more secure than the others!
*This widget will work on Android OS 2.2 or 2.3.
On newer version(OS 4.0~), this will also work if you set up USB tethering manually...
Please rate this app and review.:-)
The widget is active when the app is running and USB is connected.
In version 1.1 added data transfer rate.
In version 1.2 added data transfer rate widget.
Tag: USB Tethering, USB Tether, Simple Tethering, Easy Tethernig, USB Cable
You need to install the windows part.
See http://www.codeproject.com/KB/android/UsbPortForwarding.aspx for details
With this solution, you can surf on your mobile (using the internet connection on your PC) through the USB tunnel AND a proxy.
Please, post your comment on codeproject site.
This application turns your phone into Internet hotspot around so you can use your laptop, tablet, or game console online. It also easily enables internet via USB.
Share your phone connection for only 2.99$, less than carriers charge for a basic hotspot.
refund within 5 days of purchase by emailing me.
Does not require root.
Please try the Trial version to see if the application works on your device before buy the Full version.
--- TRIAL VERSION & REFUND AVAILABLE ---
Google Play provides a free refund within 15 minutes; we offer an extended refund within 5 days: just email me including the email used on your purchase.
--- About me ---
This application helps me to pay my studies.
-- Key words --
Easy Tethering wifi, Easy tether, Tether, 3g, internet, connexion, partager, connection, share, wifi tether, wifi partage, wifi hotspot, hotspot, free hotspot, usb tether.
-- More informations --
For more details or question, send me an email.
Model tested: Samsung Galaxy S, Galaxy Tab.
** This application is a just ONLY shortcut menu. If your device DOES NOT SUPPORT Mobile AP (Wi-Fi hotspot) and USB tethering, the menu DOES NOT WORK.
** SC-02B, SC-01C: Mobile AP and USB tethering is disabled by default.
** Please use tethering function at your own risk.
- activated when USB plugged to a device that needs data connection and not in the case of a mere battery charger;
- very small amount of memory required in the target device (about 50KB);
- open-source (GPLv3), so you can build your own APK with the source code at https://github.com/double-m/easy-usb-tethering (using both Gradle and Maven);
- no advertisements.
Successfully verified on:
- Wiko Iggy (Android 4.2.2, Kernel 3.4.5)
- Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 4.4.2)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (GT-P3100, Android 4.2.2, Kernel 3.0.31)
- Samsung Galaxy S3 mini (GT-18190N, Android 4.1.2, Kernel 3.0.31)
If the FREE version does not work for you, then the FULL version will also not work!
A Step-by-Step installation guide: http://usbstick.hechler.de/installdoc/
Works with the meenova Mini MicroSD Card Reader (see http://www.meenova.com) and SanDisk 64GB microSDXC card out-of-the-box without ROOT!
Please report problems to the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8
or via developer mail to: email@example.com
This Plugin is for tablets (like the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10) or phones (like Nexus 5) which have an USB OTG connector, but do not mount attached USB Sticks.
FAT12, FAT16, FAT32 and exFAT formatted Sticks can be read and written to.
Reading and streaming from NTFS formatted Sticks is possible.
ROOT rights are NOT needed.
The filemanager Total Commander can be installed from the Play-Store: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander
Usage is at your own risk.
Do not use it with Sticks containing important data.
For more details look at the forum: http://usbstick.hechler.de
About the permission "full network access": This is needed to open a local network socket for streaming. The plugin does not connect to the internet.
Try the TEST version before purchasing. If the TEST version lists your devices and shows you the disk types and sizes, then it's working perfectly. The TEST version will not let you mount anything for use. You can download the test version at: http://www.interphaze.com/files/USB_Mount_All_Test.apk
Mount multiple drives and drive partions on your Honeycomb tablet. Makes all your data available.
Supports ext2, ext3, ext4, ntfs and fat32 filesystems. Can access primary and extended partitions. You can select which volumes you wish to mount, or mount all volumes with a single click.
Also allows you to mount the exernal Micro SDCard in the above mentioned formats.
STAR FEATURE: Allows you to mount the drives inside the internal sdcard directory. Allowing access to the external sdcard and usb drives to apps that normally can't access them!
Tested on Acer and Xoom. Please test your device using the TEST version mentioned above. If you don't see disk types and sizes with the test version, then this version will not work either.
Share only selected files, music, folders or virtual usb , LUKS encrypted or unencrypted, disks via usb with PC/Radio car/Player ...
Also mount virtual Un/encrypted images in your device.
Usb Sharer uses UMS (Usb Mass Storage) protocol, skipping MTP/PTP.
Test Usb Sharer eval version before install it.
* Share only selected folders/directories.
* Share only desired files, preventing visibility of undesired files on your SD card.
* Share system files/directories.
To do that, select desired files/folders with your favorite application and use "Usb Sharer" to this job.
* Create virtual USB encrypted or unencrypted disks and share only files inside it, rejecting access to other files in your sdcard.
Also you will encrypt all files and data if your disk is selected as encrypted. By default encryption is AES, and uses LUKS standard.
It is possible share virtual disk as RO (read only) mode (if your device implements such function).
* Save your favorite Ubuntu, Backtrack, or preferred rescue image and boot your PC from it. Instead having one different USB flash drive for each distribution.
To do this, upload image to your device and select to share with Usb Sharer. Or save it in /sdcard/usbSharer/imgs/ directory.
* Mount disk images on your android device. Majority of kernels supports vfat/fat and ext2/ext3/ext4. But if you have custom kernel also could mount other file-systems like iso9660
In order to test if Usb Sharer works in your device you should follow next steps.
1 - Install Usb Sharer.
2 - Select some files with your favorite application, for example 4 or 5 photos from gallery, and use Usb Sharer to this job.
3 - With Usb cable connected to your PC, press share button, and check if your PC recognises the USB and only selected files are on it.
4 - Unshare this virtual image or disconnect usb cable.
5 - Open Usb Sharer application from applications menu.
6 - Create new virtual usb with desired size and share it.
7 - Check the new image is correctly recognized from your PC.
If does not work for your device please report mail opening Usb Sharer from applications menu and press menu to send mail with full info.
Please consider send mail to devwom at gmail dot com before negative rates. Keep in mind that there are a lot of devices with different configurations.
NEW! With Paragon USB plugin you can enjoy full lightning-fast READ and WRITE access to any portable NTFS-formatted USB-attachable disk or stick via Total Commander right on the go in just !
NO ROOT access needed.
How it works?!
Download and install Total Commander for Android, install Paragon USB plugin and easily access any data on NTFS-formatted disks or sticks.
* Early beta version
* Non-root (ROOT rights are NOT needed)
* Total Commander is required
Beta version limitations:
- Support for NTFS only
- English UI only
Because this is an early beta version, your feedback is very important to us. Please email us directly if you have any problems or requests. In case of errors please use the "Send debug info" option. Many thanks for cooperation and evaluating our software!
Support and feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Total Commander
Total Commander app is an Android version of the popular desktop file manager. It is available for download at: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ghisler.android.TotalCommander
About Paragon Software
Paragon Software Group is an innovative software developer focused on two dynamic growth markets. The company's comprehensive product line for the data storage market addresses the needs of data security, storage and management for PCs, servers and networks. A second portfolio of products focuses on mobile productivity applications for handheld devices. Founded in 1994, Paragon Software Group has offices in the USA, Germany, Japan, Poland, Russia and China delivering its solutions to consumers, small business and enterprise clients worldwide through a network of Value Added Resellers, distributors and OEMs as well as online through the company website. Paragon Software Group provides technology to a host of world class companies and partners including Cisco Systems, Dell, HP, Western Digital Corp., ASUS, Seagate, LG Electronics, Logitech, Buffalo, Acer, EMC/Iomega, Siemens, Lenovo, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, and more. For more information please visit the company website at www.paragon-software.com.
* Will not stop foreground task when auto stop
* Add White text on/off on notification pad.
* Add Auto stop in Settings
* Add gesture left/right to change view
* Switch and Stop Tasks/Processes
* Fixed bugs of auto stop
* Auto stop only when screen off
* Italy language
For Italy Language, very thank Diego