Winscribe Professional™, the dictation application for legal and professional users, allows you to use your Android smartphone or tablet to create dictations effortlessly, send them instantaneously for transcription and review completed documents on your smartphone, all while on the move.
Important: Downloading Winscribe Professional is free of charge. Once downloaded, the application can record and store dictation jobs; however in order to progress further to send, transcribe and create documents, the user needs to have a Winscribe server licence. Please contact Winscribe for further information at: email@example.com
To utilize barcode scanning functionality please first download the free ZXing barcode add-on from the Android Marketplace
Part of the Winscribe mobility suite, Winscribe Professional offers an easy to use, sleek dictation application for Android touchscreen devices. It streamlines and simplifies the dictation process and speeds up work turnaround with full recording capabilities, secure voice and data transmission, speech recognition integration and online/offline functionality.
Note: This application replaces the original Winscribe Digital Dictation™ application. Existing customers may switch to Winscribe Professional free of charge, using your existing Winscribe server licence.
Transmission of dictation files occurs via HTTPS protocol to ensure the highest levels of client confidentiality. Enhanced visibility and control gives users the ability to view where jobs are at in the transcription process, and modify workflows accordingly.
Winscribe Professional features a number of enhancements over the original Winscribe Digital Dictation for Android™ Application:
• The new app allows customers to use their favourite Winscribe app not only on their smartphone but also on their Android tablet which provides today’s professionals with even more flexibility to get their work done.
• It now features enhanced security, including device lock down options and encryption of audio files on your SD card.
Some functionalities that are unique to Winscribe’s suite of dictation applications for Android:
• Picture Attachment & Geo-Location functionality allows yous to attach pictures, and utilize geo-location functionality to easily add the user’s location to the dictation file (including a map). For full photo functionality, the device requires a minimum memory capacity of 512 MB.
• Barcode scanning technology – Winscribe Professional utilizes innovative barcode scanning technology allowing you to scan client information and pre-populate document templates with demographic information. This technology is particularly useful for lawyers that use barcodes on their paper files or as part of their practice management system. Simply scan a barcode and dictations are attached directly to the corresponding record. Not only does this technology help streamline your transcription process, it also ensures data consistency and eliminates the risk of incorrect data assignment. Winscribe Professional can even go further and use “QR codes” and “data matrix” type codes to feed the application with complex data even faster.
• Graphical User Interface based on customer feedback – One of the highlights of the new application is its new, user friendly and intuitive interface based on our customer’s feedback. The new interface requires a minimal number of clicks to create, send and review dictations which will help the users get their job done quicker and therefore improve their overall efficiency.
Winscribe Professional is designed to run on all Android phones with touchscreen capabilities on OS 4.0.3 or higher, and a Secure Digital (SD) card, as well as on Android Tablets.