Remote Control for Windows, MacOS and Linux is an Android application which let’s you remotely control popular media players on your PC and the PC itself too.
Note : Our desktop app is needed for this app to work, which you can download from here. (http://winterparadox.com/portfolio/media-remote/) Now Also available for Linux and MacOS.
only tested with windows 10, MacOS Mojave and Ubuntu 18.04
• Watch movies, listen to songs and control all supported media players on PC from your couch
• Choose your preferred UI between gestures or graphical interface
• Enjoy advanced level of control with additional features
• Easy to use controls designed for your comfort and ease
• Control mouse, media and all with only one finger gestures
• Customizable UI
• Prevent unauthorized access to your computer with PIN code security
• Send custom keyboard shortcuts to PC
• Launch programs from the app or send terminal commands
• coming soon: Features to add custom remotes
VLC player, Windows media player, iTunes for windows, Media Player Classic and Youtube player (all of these have obviously no association with us and their owners own the rights to these) are the supported players by default while we are also working to let you add your own media players.
Media remote is designed for when you want to watch a movie or video or playlist of any media on your PC but you want to be free of keyboard and mouse. You can either be relaxing far away from your PC or working on something else and still control the media playback on your PC.
Remote uses open source Ahk language to control the keyboard shortcuts remotely. You’ll need to install both the Android and desktop apps for it to work. Android app acts like a remote while desktop app receives the commands from it and trigger keyboard shortcuts. So as long as both devices are in the same local area network you can control your PC from anywhere.
Media remote offers two user interfaces for the remote. A beautifully designed button interface and an easy to use gesture interface. You can choose either based on your preference anytime. Media remote is also designed with soft dark colors to work specifically in dark environments so you can enjoy your media without being blinded by the bright phone screen.
Future updates will include more features and more ways to remotely control your PC. For more info check usage guides for Android (http://winterparadox.com/media-remote-android-help/) and desktop (http://winterparadox.com/media-remote-desktop-help/) apps.