Our extensive encyclopedia of aquarium fish and aquatic plants has been built from years of research and consultations, it's our pride and joy.
✔ Huge A-Z list of tropical fish and plants, each with its own image and data.
✔ Contains hundreds of highly detailed tropical fish and plant profiles, covering a searchable index of over 2000 common names!
✔ Search or browse by name or by combinations of search properties.
✔ Mini-articles for fish keepers.
✔ Glossary of tropical aquarium, aquascaping and fishkeeping terms and definitions.
✔ Directly compare tropical fish or plant profiles.
✔ Calculation tools for various heating, lighting and volume requirements.
✔ Interactive forum, user polls & voting.
✔ Per profile note-taking facility.
✔ Cloud backup & restore for notes, favourites & settings.
✔ Free database / profile updates!
✔ Supports phones, tablets and standalone smartwatches.
✔ Supports App2SD and Move To SD (android 2.2+).
✔ No ads, no intrusive permissions, just a clean fast app for aquarium owners.
✔ Priced very keenly for a professional reference, just a cup of coffee!
Includes key data such as: family, origin, lifespan, size, biological load, swim level, water temperature / parameters, dietary requirements, common illnesses, temperament, sociableness, recommended group sizes, planted tank suitability, minimum tank size, filtration level, habitual set up and detailed notes.
For a wide variety of species including Cichlids, Barbs, Tetras, Danios, Gourami, Angelfish, Catfish (Plecs, Corydoras, Synodontis), Rainbowfish, Loaches, Gobies, Gar, Platys, Mollys, Rasboras, Guppy, Arowana and many more aquarium fish...
▶ This is the ORIGINAL and the ONLY VERSION of Tropical Fish Guide that we produce for Android - please beware of imitators using our app name and trademarks!
▶ Please Note: Tropical Fish Guide Pocket Edition covers freshwater aquarium fish only, it does not include saltwater/marine fish.
▶ We support our apps. If you run in to a problem, please drop us an email and we will work with you directly to resolve any issues, or alternatively, visit our website at www.markstevens.co.uk where we have support articles and FAQ's.
You can log any and all parameters that I have found test kits for. If there are other parameters you want to log just email me a feature request.
You can backup your data to the SD card and restore it as well.
I will be changing the aquarium section so if you have a reef tank you can view just the coral or just the fish and if you have a fish only then you can view just the fish. This will be another button besides the livestock button. The livestock button will still show all livestock.
There are some issues with graphing if you do not put the date in correct. I have been able to replicate it a few times and am working on this. I am also going to be working on graphing multiple parameters at one time to compare (for example) Ph and Calcium. Also some phones take HUGE pictures and attaching images this large can cause the app to force close, if possible shrink the photos some. I am working on this also.
Feature requests are accepted, just email me.
If there are issues or questions feel free to email me. I always check my email.
This application is an electronic version of a log book. It helps you keep track of all measurements / observations - and it makes it easy to check on the history of your aquarium.
There's no predefined set of measurements (kH, pH, etc ...), you are in control of all these types of actions. The application comes preinstalled with a basic set of actions, but you can edit / delete / add new ones. For example, it is not uncommon to have various sets of Calcium measurements kits (Sera, or Hanna, etc ...) thus you can add both of them and input values depending on which one you use.
With a quick glance you have access to the history of your aquarium which helps planing ahead or determining whatever you need to do.
There are two types of actions. Repeating actions (you have full control defining them based on your needs) as well as notes you consider worthy of mentioning. Do you notice a plant started to grow better ? Or a coral ? Add it as a note. Did you do a water change, measured pH or added some type of fertilizer ? Add it as an entry of that type and then specify the value.
- You can track as many aquariums you want.
- Unlimited number of log entries for each aquarium.
- Unlimited number of types of actions that you can add (and you can remove the predefined ones)
- Database import / export for backup purposes.
- English / French translations
- Grouping of actions by days in relative time: "X days ago".
- You can add / remove photos for each log entry (to keep track of plants / fish / coral growth)
- No Privacy Permisions requested (Internet permissions to be able to serve ads, sdcard access permission needed for the log file as well as for the Database Import / Export operations).
- Charting ability for actions (it uses the first number found on the Value line, so you can anything else around the number as long as you use space around it to separate it from the text). You can select multiple actions to have them charted at once.
- Export to Excel (.xlsx)
- Calendar reminders for each activity of an aquarium.
- Searching within the log entries of each aquarium. You can search by name / value.
- Navigation Drawer for ease of switching between aquariums.
- Basic Stopwatch
Ads can be eliminated from the application by buying the Pro Unlocker: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nativnux.aqlog.unlocker
If you have feedback or ideas that might help improve the application or the chores of maintaining the aquarium, please use the "Send feedback" feature.
PS: the screenshots are for the unlocked version of the application.
If the fish appear to be behaving abnormally, make the appropriate tests to insure proper water quality and look closely to see if there are any visible signs of disease.
Use this app to log all maintenance actions, fish behavious, test results and also pictures of your beauty!
- Log test results like pH, Nitrate, Ammonia, Magnesium, etc
- Log maintenance work (weekly / monthly)
- Create a nice picture gallery and watch your aquarium grow during time!
- Watch tests results in graphs