A very simple and an effective way to improve your vocabulary.
Contains an exhaustive list of more than -
1. 4500 GRE words
2. 1500 GMAT/CAT words.
3. 4500 SAT words.
It allows you to create your own Word List and Flash Cards.
You can Add / Import words directly from a Notepad (.txt) or a CSV (comma separated values) file.
Add/Edit words and their descriptions.
Rate words individually.
Create Flash Cards to group words; thus making it convenient and faster to learn words.
Learn words , improve your vocabulary and crack various competitive exams like CAT , GRE , GMAT etc.
- Add/Edit Words with Meanings.
- Add Flash Cards.
- Assign Words to Flash Cards.
- Delete Words/Flash cards.
- Backup your word list to SD card.
- Restore words from SD card.
- Import/Add words from a Notepad (.txt) or a CSV(Comma separated values) file.
Key words: Words,Flash Cards,Vocabulary,English,Dictionary,Difficult words,Entrance Exam,Tests,Improve English,CAT,SAT,GMAT,GRE, Competitive exams , Academic Word List.
Sample Notepad file format :
Benevolent,Generous in providing aid to others
Sample CSV file format :
Benevolent,Generous in providing aid to others
Updates Description :
Import the words from any CSV(comma separated values)file on your SD card
Please follow the below steps:
1.Create a folder named "Import" on your SD card
2.Place the CSV file from which you want to copy the words in Import folder
3.The CSV file should have the name "Book1.csv"
4.Now press the menu button on your mobile and click on "Import words from CSV file"
Note : In CSV file,
1st word should be the WORD
2nd word should be the Description
Sample CSV format :
A relief to all the users -
Now you can use the application offline even if you do not have active internet connection.
Also , HELP screen is added to help understand the application better.
Corrected the CSV file import functionality.
UI changes to delete multiple words at a time.
Major design changes.
Major design changes.
"Import/Add words from SD card" functionality simplified.
Added Import words through a Notepad file.
Minor design improvements.
Added functionality to Sort words alphabetically. (as requested by a user).
Added Exam Prep section which include GRE and GMAT word lists by default in the application.
Included more than 4500 GRE words and 1500 GMAT/CAT words.
Added the functionality to delete words from flash cards.
Fast scrolling enabled for Exam Prep screen.
More than 4500 words added for SAT exam.
Minor changes in GMAT word list.
Search functionality added.
Functionality to rate words added
Minor Design Changes
Added support for Tablets.
Added search functionality to all screens.
Added sort words by rating.
Major UI Changes
It enables GRE/GMAT/CAT aspirants to study wordlist and track progress on mobile.
You can start by learning the words from wordlist. It will keep track of when & how many times you read the word.
You can edit the word, you can mark the word as learnt. While learning wordlist, if you got bored you can start playing Flash Cards. With single click your wordlist will be presented to you as a Flash Cards. We already have some funny Mnemonics for you to remember word but you can also have your own Mnemonic by editing the word.
GRE Wordlist keep progress of how many words you have learnt, When you accessed wordlist and for how many time :).
You can create your own wordlist and add new words into that. Adding new words never been so easy. You can add words by simply scanning Wordy-QR code :). If you have created your own word, you can share that word with your friend by simply generating QR code and sharing it with your friend. If your friend have this app, he can add the word by simply scanning wordy QR code.
Moreover, if you learning some wordlist, you can create shortcut of wordlist, so that wordlist will be easily accessible right from your Android desktop.
Now, you never have to worry about forgetting the word which you read long ago. Flash card will never allow you too forget the word. It will show you the word which you read long ago.
If you really like GRE wordlist, you can also support us by donating. With this you can able to remove Ads forever & importantly, it will encourage us :).
Stay tuned, more features to come.
If you have any query/suggestions/feedback/Hello/Hi, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Sentence Builder is designed for the beginning reader. A four word sentence is displayed, but the words are jumbled. Drag the words into the white boxes and create a correct sentence. 'Total Score' and 'On First Try' stats are kept. Try to beat your previous score! One rule... words must make a sentence, not a question.
Great for home or classroom use! Game contains 120 sentences for hours of learning and fun! More sentences are added regularly! Go ad-free, upgrade to the full version for only 99 cents!
Formatted for multiple screen sizes, including smartphones and tablets!
Brought to you by barebonesapps.com, making easy applications for the rest of us!
Thanks to Ita Leban for the idea!
- Install Adobe Air on your device before launching the app. You can download the latest version of Adobe Air from http://goo.gl/XQL3pW
- App best viewed in landscape mode.
Make Sentences is a fun, interactive language app with scores of exciting features that have caught the imagination of many people who just want to make sentences!
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT MAKE SENTENCES:
~ Construct simple to complex sentences from a collection of words
~ Pick and place words in correct sequence from a given stack of scattered words
~ Training walkthrough
~ Pause and play
~ Set timer and select either sequential or random order of play
Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ColorsKit
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ColorsKit
Connect with us on Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/+ColorsKitapps/
We worked closely with teachers, parents and kids to design and test this app.
•Teacher approved content
•Two different levels
Students can move the words around to build the sentence themselves. Each word can be clicked for the sound of the word, and words can be rearranged to make a proper sentence.
The app starts with simple sentences and progresses to more complex sentences. The sentences focus on daily life situations, with many references to numbers, colors, and dialogue.
This app is ideal for self-paced learning or home schooling. It teaches kids grammar, sentence structure, and develops their listening skills.
This game is is like having a private tutor to teach your child one on one.
•Sentence Builder helps kids to learn how to construct short sentences
•The app includes two built-in levels and self created sentences
•Level one is designed for kindergarten and first grade students
•Level two is designed for first grade and second grade students
PLEASE CONTACT US
If you have questions, problems, suggestions or complaints, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Abitalk is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
Categories: Reading, Sight Words, Vocabulary
Give your child aged 3-7 a head start with this interactive vocabulary learning app. Your child will learn new vocabulary using our 4 step method based on modern teaching methodology.
4 Steps to better Vocabulary
EQ Kids Vocabulary utilises the latest in Google and Android technologies to help learners improve their vocabulary anytime, anywhere.
1. 'listen and repeat'* - Learn the oral form of new words.
2. 'listen and choose'* - Consolidate knowledge of oral form
3. 'read and choose' - Learn the written form of new words
4. 'look and spell' - Learners finally write new words themselves
-4 Steps to a larger vocabulary.
-Simple and advanced menus for learners of all ages.
-Listening speed controls can be adjusted to suit each learner's needs.
-Review the results with your child using our clever results tool.
-Grows with your child. Purchase expansion topic packs to continue your child's vocabulary development.
-Available on both Android phones and Tablets.
*Requires text to speech(free download)
The #1 Rated Spelling Test in the app store - Just look at all the 5 Star Ratings! It is one of the most useful, popular, and top rated apps in the education category.
* I started out creating tests for my daughters but now they practice on their own. A huge time saver!
* Kids love this! My 8 and 6 yr old boys love making tests for each other. More educational than playing games, too. Very easy to use.
* My kindergartener loves to use this to practice his words. I set all the rest of the tests for this year and he is independent. He even gives me spelling tests too. He loves to hear his own voice, when he says the words and silly sentences. This is great!
* My students use this app to practice French vocabulary words. It's the best app I've tried for this.
WHY SPELLING TEST IS BETTER THAN THE REST!
* You can create custom spelling tests and quizzes. Practice the exact words you need to learn for the upcoming test.
* Detailed scores after each quiz to see which words you you got right and which ones you missed.
* Create a test on one device and share it on another. Even works across different mobile platforms.
* It's simple to use. Even kindergartners have fun making their own spelling quizzes and tests.
* This app requires a microphone to record words. Please make sure the privacy settings are enabled for the microphone.
If you are looking for an educational app that is a great learning tool proven by hundreds of thousands of users, Spelling Test is for you. One of the top rated apps in the education category, Spelling Test improves literacy, spelling grades, and makes learning fun. It is a great tool to practice vocabulary, improve english skills or even learn a foreign language.
You use the page to teach whatever language concepts you like because the images are not labeled and there is no text to voice. The words and language come from you and the learner. This offers a unique ability to use imagery now familiar and understood by the learner to increase and expand the depth and breadth of language learning with pronouns, adjectives, verbs, intentions or anything else that brings a deeper understanding of meaningful language.
The directions include approaches to encourage then reinforce and expand spontaneous language and reciprocal conversation regarding the comparison of the activity of the children depicted in the meaningful and comprehensive photographs. This is a great opportunity to move away from the norm of asking the learner questions which then causes the learner to wait to speak, then speak only to answer correctly. What this app provides is the ability for the learner to compare children, remark on their observation, listen to your observations and respond. This enables the teacher to inject additional language concepts into the conversation thereby modeling more language for the learner. You may move through the app at your own pace, forward or backward to revisit to expand or reinforce concepts, point out other similarities or differences and spend more time on the images. Each page is independently used from the others with a focus on verb use and how the verb relates to intention.
The page is divided in two, comparing two related verbs such as wants/has. One side is for you to model (either side). The other side is different enough that the learner must think, use your model for understanding then create a novel sentence to describe his or her side of the page. In this first step app, the concentration is on observing and comparing children in a situation of want or has, eats, drinks. The focus is on verb use.
The object is to draw attention to the child shown and the intent or action of the child. The learner is then taught through positive reinforcement to independently comment on the child. This gives you the opportunity to comment about the same child on your side of the page. The conversation is now about the child, his or actions, needs, wants, intentions, traits or anything you want to teach. There is no time limit. You may spend as much time as you like on any page, talking, demonstrating, comparing, pointing out things of importance to you or your learner, describing or fostering new and emerging language skills.
There are five pages dedicated to observation skills first using shapes, and then generalizing to children in the following 7 pages. The next 24 pages are dedicated to fostering the development of complete novel sentences. There are no fill in the blanks. Every sentence must be completely constructed by you or the learner. The sentences are simple, as this is a first step language learning application (noun-verb-noun). The spoken sentences may go far beyond the n-v-n because there is no text to voice in this app. This way, you can add whatever language value you want to assign to any of the concept icons.
For example, the icons may be three images: a girl, wants and cupcakes. A simple basic sentence would be "The girl wants a cupcake". However, as your learner is ready, you can build on this with sentences such as "She wants a cupcake", "She wants a pink cupcake", the girl likes cupcakes, she wants one” She wants a pink one" "She feels hungry and wants a cupcake". The potential is as vast as you want to make it.
The images are selected to serve as a shared experience that you and the learner will use to build a communication experience that will grow and develop every time you use it. Feel free to contact us for ideas, with questions or for information. We want to make a difference in your life.
- Familiar book-ish interface mixed with fun mini games.
- Each activity presented in an interactive,appealing and fun way.
- Colorful and attractive graphics, your children will never be bored.
- Interactive and fun media for children to learn, no more boring text book.
- Cheerful Music.
- Simple yet fun game mechanics.
- Personalized game play via profile system. Giving deeper experience when playing this game.
- Support up to 8 player profiles.
- First edition bonus book : Teach your children about activity from waking up until arrived at school.
- 1000+ most common GRE words with meaning.
- Hear the words with meanings.
- Add words to your favorite list.
- Add/Edit words with meanings.
- Search any words.
- No network connection required.
- Restore words to the original Word List.
- Only 364 kb.
- Absolutely free!
It simplifies the task of preparing for the vocabulary section.
A free vocabulary application with 4800+ frequently occurring English words to improve English vocabulary.
Extremely useful for CAT vocabulary.
• Three modes to learn the CAT vocabulary -
1) Alphabetical Word: Learn words, their meanings word by word.
2) Test yourself: Detailed score and test walk-through options available.
- Ability to save completed test and scorecard for later review.
- Summary gives you a birds-eye view of all questions.
3) Practice: Learn while practising
-Where one can also learn words and their meanings.
4) Can view words as flash Cards
5) Multi-choice questions quiz
6) Tough words with example
• Browse words alphabetically & randomly.
You can even mark the words as favorite that you find are important/difficult & revise them.
• Easy to use and effective user Interface.
• Internet NOT required
• Extremely light-weight
Settings available to customize the app according to the user.
Helps to prepare CAT wordlist & acts as CAT vocabulary or dictionary.
Can be used for preparing for MBA wordlist or as MBA vocabulary
This application will give them an opportunity to create their own word grouplist.
This application is not an usual wordlist application. There is no built-in list of words. User has to create their own group and insert their words into them.
This will be helpful for those who are preparing for GRE, SAT, TOEFL exams. This will be a great support for those, who want to build- up a good vocabulary.
1. Create wordlist.
2. Search wordlist.
3. Add words into existing list.
4. Set Meaning, Hints, Sentence to remember for each of the words.
5. Create contextual sentence with group of words.
6. Find word details directly from the sentences.
7. Mark wordlist as read to check study progress.
1. Cloud integration to assist user to update meaning and sentences.
2. Sorting according to Alphabatic order, Insertion time, Last update time.