Offline mode is not available in this app. The app is online only and requires an internet connection. This means the app always provides you with the most up-to-date public transport information.
Following feedback from the iPhone app and demand, PTV have now created a dedicated Android app.
What you can do
• Simple access to Journey Planner with immediate results.
• New navigation system to quickly access features via a sliding menu.
• Easy to save, access and rename your favourite stations, stops and journeys.
• Fewer touches to complete key tasks like accessing your favourites or viewing your Next 5 services.
• More opportunities to personalise the app and set your own custom preferences.
• Disruptions provide a summary of the disruption and a click through to the website if you need more information. There are also links to the operator’s social media feeds.
• Transport network maps for metropolitan train and tram, V/Line and Nightrider.
• All bus and train information shown in the PTV app is scheduled timetable information.
• Tram information shown in minutes is from tramTRACKER®, those shown in times are scheduled (timetable) services.
• Re-tap menu option to return to default options.
• Context sensitive help screens on key features.
• Improvements to the quality of data, especially by making the app online only.
• Designed for the Ice Cream Sandwich operating system (version 4.0) or higher.
• App will not work on Honeycomb operating system (version 3.0) or lower.
Whether you're based in Australia or in far-flung foreign climes, this app will take you on an inspiring journey down Melbourne's literary byways. You'll encounter great writers and entertaining books at every turn, be they fiction or non-fiction.
This app can be used in many ways. On a rainy day, curl up in a armchair at home and read about Melbourne's fine writers, or use the list of books set in the city to compile your next library list. When the weather improves, head out on Melbourne's streets to discover literary locations, funky bookshops, forgotten monuments and cool "hip lit" cafes. If you're impatient to get your hands on these new books, there are links to buy titles from online booksellers.
This guide cannot possibly be a comprehensive encyclopaedia of everything literary Melbourne has to offer, but I hope it will provide a solid basis for heading off on your own word-fuelled explorations.
(NB If you enjoy this app, you might also consider buying the companion app "Melbourne Historical," created by Tim Richards.)
★ About the Author ★
Narrelle M Harris is a Melbourne-based writer with four novels, one play and several short stories under her belt to date, with two more publications due in 2011. She also writes in the business sector and spends time dreaming up new iPhone apps to develop. She can be contacted on email@example.com
★ About Sutro Media ★
This guide is published in partnership with Sutro Media. By enabling local writers to share their expertise on mobile phones, Sutro Media is making it easier and more fun to explore the world!
If you have any problems, comments, or suggestions for improvement, we'd love to hear from you - firstname.lastname@example.org
Key reasons millions of travelers love this app:
Need we say more? Download the app now, there’s absolutely no risk, and we’re sure you’ll love it!
There is no need for a live data connection while using this app, as everything is stored on your phone, after you do an initial update. This means you won’t be charged for expensive data roaming, and the app is super fast to use. You can update user reviews periodically when you are on WiFi.
RESTAURANTS, ATTRACTIONS, HOTELS
All places that are listed on TripAdvisor.com in this city are included in the app.
THOUSANDS OF USER REVIEWS
TripAdvisor’s community of millions of worldwide travelers ensures that content is fresh, plentiful and honest. With over 50 million reviews and thousands more added daily, City Guides offer the best and most recent content.
TripAdvisor members and destination experts have handpicked the best itineraries in the city for you, enabling you to explore interesting neighborhoods, famous landmarks and hidden gems. Using the phone's GPS, you can follow along and read about the interesting sights along the route.
CREATE YOUR OWN TRIP JOURNAL
Want to remember the places you visit? It is now easy to do this with TripAdvisor City Guides. Simply Check In, take a photo and add a note for each location, and your journal and travel album will be created for you automatically. You can share it with friends and family on Facebook, or just use it to remember your trip. And, you can even Check In while you are offline and share later when you are online.
POWERFUL YET EASY TO USE
Searching for pizza around Times Square? Coffee near the Eiffel Tower? Or do you just want to find a highly recommended place near you? With this app you can easily search any way you want, and find exactly what’s best for you and your travel companions.
POINT ME THERE
Once you have selected a restaurant or attraction, this app will guide you there using the fun & useful “Point Me There” screen, which uses the phone’s GPS and Compass.
Written by TripAdvisor members and edited by professionals, City Facts articles provide helpful information for when you plan your trip, such as when to go, how to get around in the city, what neighborhoods to visit, etc.
This app leverages the GPS in the phone to show you the best restaurant, attractions etc nearby. The app also uses the compass to guide you to a place once you selected it
After you have downloaded the app from the app store, and opened the app for the first time the content will be automatically downloaded enabling you to use the app offline. Be sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi connection when you first open the app if you do not want to incur data charges from your carrier. Please also ensure that the Google Maps app is up to date on your device, and that you have accepted any Google Maps terms and conditions, as if it is not up to date this may cause issues while using the Melbourne Official Visitor Guide App.
The Melbourne Official Visitor Guide is the best way to explore Melbourne’s hidden gems; from laneway bars to world class events and festivals, everything you need to know is just a tap away.
With exclusive offers to Melbourne’s best attractions, travel, event and entertainment information useful tips and insights, this free App makes it easy to discover the very best of Melbourne, as you:
• Make your way easily through the city with interactive maps, public transport information and travel tips
• Maps integration, makes it easy to get through the city and plot your itineraries
• Store your favourites
• Tap into seasonal editorial and travel information
• Redeem exclusive offers and deals, with savings of over $100
• Keep up to date and plan ahead with a detailed events calendar, including listings from across Melbourne and Victoria
• Share your favourite event, locations and offers with friends via Facebook and Twitter
• Developed by people in the know get informed with fresh bar, dining, entertainment, event and accurate travel information
• Learn about Melbourne’s precincts, shopping, dining, laneways and attractions
• Enjoy inspiring images of Melbourne and surrounding regions
• Use the app as a pre-planning tool with the addition of Accommodation listings, so you can find where you want to stay before you arrive.
Melbourne Guide 4T is a mobile app that helps you find nearby attractions, hotels, most popular restaurants, nightclubs, sights, museums, ATM, pharmacies.
This smart and intelligent mobile city guides are created to help plan your trip.
☆☆☆ Features of City Guide:
☆ Sights & Attractions list
- multilingual description with photo
- direction and route on map
☆ Weather forecast
☆ Offline Currency Converter
☆ Multilingual interface (english, chinese, spanish, german, japanese, korean, russian, french, portuguese)
☆ Place Finder with complete information about object (adress with map, users rating, route, website, phone number)
Restaurant / Bar / Night club / Lodging / Hotel / Museum / Pharmacy / ATM / Bank / Gas station
☆ City Trips added and recommended by users ☆
- Interactive map & route with POI
- Trip photos
- Description, distance
☆ Event manager with with full information about the event
☆ Interactive map of the city
☆☆☆ What people are saying about our guides:
- Yriy: "Thing Excellent idea!"
- Zeynepalp: "Very nice Istalbul guide"
- Kaka: "Jakarta city guide Great !!!!"
- Frank: "Bueno Me gustó esta app tiene futuro si recibe actualizaciones constantes" (Well I liked this app has a future if it receives constant updates)
- Luis: "Buena Me gusta la interfaz, es fluido y encuentras de todo." (Good I like the interface, is fluid and find everything.)
- Victor: "Muito bom, informa o tempo a visibilidade humidade, eventos q vao acontecer no Rj bem atualizado. Perfeito" (Very good, tells time visibility humidity, events happen in vain Rio de Janeiro. Perfect)
Melbourne /ˈmɛlbərn/ is the capital and most populous city in the state of Victoria, and the second most populous city in Australia. The Melbourne City Centre is the hub of the greater metropolitan area and the Census statistical division—of which "Melbourne" is the common name. As of June 2011, the greater geographical area had a population of 4.1 million. Inhabitants of Melbourne are called Melburnians. The metropolis is located on the large natural bay known as Port Phillip, with the city centre positioned on the estuary of the Yarra River (at the northernmost point of the bay). The metropolitan area then extends south from the city centre, along the eastern and western shorelines of Port Phillip, and expands into the hinterland. The city centre is situated in the municipality known as the City of Melbourne. The metropolitan area consists of a further 30 municipalities.
Walking tours included in this application are:
* Melbourne Museums (6 sights)
* Melbourne Art Galleries (6 sights)
* City Orientation Tour (10 sights)
* Melbourne Landmarks (8 sights)
* Shopping in Melbourne (6 sights)
* Nightlife in Melbourne (6 sights)
* Cultural Tour of Melbourne (8 sights)
* Melbourne for the Kids (6 sights)
* St. Kilda District (6 sights)
All the data used in this app is built into the software, so you can follow the walking tours or use the city map without internet access or cellular data plan. No need to pay the costly roaming charges when traveling to foreign cities. The app is optimized for Android phone and tablet.
The powerful navigation assistance includes:
* Touring routes clearly displayed on map.
* Precise turn-by-turn walking directions from one sight to the next.
* `FindMe` displays your exact location and Auto Tracking displays your movement on the map (this feature is not supported on device without built-in GPS function).
* Built-in compass to show you the direction.
* A detailed city map which can be used independently for your other traveling needs.
Please visit our website at www.GPSmyCity.com to find city walks for over 470 cities worldwide.
You can use the GPS-activated voice tours for free as long as your phone is online, but that means you will have to pay roaming charges. If you pay to download the tours, you can use them offline, and save on the cost of roaming. We charge a small fee for downloading the offline features because we need to reimburse the tour guides and cover our development costs. Other features you can get for free include a map that works offline and free use of the 3D tour.
• TOURS OFFERED BY LOCAL EXPERTS - Browse more than 400 tours guided by people who make sure you see the most exciting places.
• AUDIO GUIDED TOURS - It will guide you with clear audio cues and once you approach a sight it automatically starts to tell you about it
• SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCES - During your tour you can take photos and add comments; from this PocketGuide automatically creates a 3D video which you can easily share with your friends
• FIND GREAT PLACES - If you are tired, let our guides recommend you the best nearby restaurants and cafés
• AVAILABLE OFFLINE - Once you download a city, the whole content works in offline mode so you don’t have to pay roaming charges
• OFFLINE MAP - Get a free offline map and navigate in the city easily while avoiding roaming charges.
Enjoyed the tours? Keep on traveling? Download PocketGuide's other versions available in other cities.
of Australia has something to enjoy for everyone. Hang out on buzzing
Fed. Square, visit galleries or the zoo.
Features of Triposo’s Droidguide:
* Complete background information
* A detailed sights section
* Mini guides for daytrip destinations.
* An offline map
- Journey planner for planning your journey. The journey planner shows you the time to depart and travel time along with the modes of transport needed to complete the journey. If the journey requires walking, the app has the instructions and the walking path plotted on a map. Just select the origin and the destination and let the journey planner do the rest.
- Timetables for
* Melbourne metro trains
- Destination alarm - for the times when you want don't want to miss your stop and need a reminder.
- Departures nearby
- Myki outlets
- Metro trains service status
- Fare calculator
Follow @tram_hunter on Twitter for updates.
If you're having problems or experiencing 'force closed' errors, please file an issue on the Github project page, or email me.