You want to know if the next lunar eclipse is visible from your location or when the next bright comet is visible? You would like to be notified by your smart phone the next time, Jupiter and the Moon meet in the sky? You want to know what the blazing bright object in the evening sky is? You want to be always up-to-date which celestial events are visible from your location? Then this app is a must-have for you!
The app does not only include a live, zoomable sky map telling you what sky object you are looking at but provides you with loads of detailed extra information on stars, planets, deep sky objects, meteor showers, comets, asteroids, lunar and solar eclipses as well as detailed ephemeris of all included sky objects and an interactive top-down view of the Solar System. All that in just one app!
- Zoomable sky map showing stars, planets, asteroids, and more (above and below the horizon)
- Interactive top-down view of the Solar System
- Live mode (point device on sky and get information on what you see)
- Calendar showing detailed descriptions of celestial events
- Push celestial events to your phone's calendar and set a reminder alarm
- Rise, set, and transit times for any object
- Position of any object in the sky (altitude and direction)
- Twilight times, length of day
- Bright Star Catalog (~9000 stars) with detailed information
- More than 400 000 additional stars from the PPM Star Catalog (Android 3.1 or higher required)
- 2500 selected NGC objects (galaxies, clusters, ...)
- Messier Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Caldwell Catalog (110 objects) complete with images
- Hidden Treasures Catalog (109 objects) complete with images
- Meteor streams (begin, maximum, hourly rate, ...)
- Lunar and solar eclipses information
- Lunar librations, ascending node, maximum declination
- Bright comets (automatically selected according to the date)
- Dwarf planets: The five known dwarf planets
- Minor planets: bright, near Earth, trans-Neptune (more than 10000 in the database)
- Update database online: download up-to-date orbital elements of comets and minor planets
- Moon phases, the apparent view of the sun and planets
- Current image of the Sun and sunspot number
- Automatically generated visibility report for any object
- Simulation of light pollution
- Intuitive User Interface: quickly find what you are looking for
- Widget with rise & set times of the Sun and Moon
- Maintain your favorite locations in a list
- Automatic location determination from the mobile network or GPS
- Select a location from a built-in database or online via Google Maps
- 400 observatory locations
- Choose any time and date
- Detailed ephemeris, visibility information of all objects
- Dates of conjunctions between any object with planets or the Moon
- 3D-view of the Moon and the planets
- Accurate calculations for dates between 1900 and 2100
Get started quickly
• Launch the app and point your device at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place for your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time. The Moon is the easiest first target.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
Go deeper and beyond
• Every star, planet, constellation, or deep space object, such as nebulae and galaxies, has an (i) next to its name. Tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the Time Machine, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• StarWalk has data on over 9000 man-made satellites. Track their flight across the sky, be it day or night, catch iridium flares.
• Meteor showers are spectacular yearly events. Star Walk can help you plan ahead and locate the meteor shower on the night sky.
Share your experience
• Post pictures from your virtual planetarium and let your friends learn about the night sky. Astronomy has never been so engaging!
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
"With the Star Walk app, if you hold your device up towards the sky, you can see all the stars and constellations. It even tells you the names of all the planets. Then, if you point it towards the ground, it shows you what all the stars are in the other hemisphere. It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go."
- The Star Spotter feature won't work for the devices that are not equipped with the gyroscope and compass.
- For Android 4.4 KitKat users: the application doesn't support ART, please switch to Dalvik.
The sensor control will also enable you to identify a star in just a few seconds, just by pointing the phone at the sky!
This award-winning astronomy application is finally available on Android featuring:
* a catalog of over 600,000 stars displayed as a real time zoomable sky map
* a catalog of many nebulae and galaxies, with pictures for some of them
* asterisms and illustrations of the constellations for several sky cultures
* artificial satellites, including the International Space Station
* realistic Milky Way
* realistic landscape and atmosphere with sunrise, sunset and light pollution simulation
* accurate simulation of stars extinction, and atmosphere refraction
* 3D rendering of the major solar system planets and their satellites
* night mode (red)
* GPS positioning, accelerometers control of the direction of view in the sky
Stellarium mobile Sky Map is created by two of the original developers of Stellarium, the Desktop version of this famous astronomy and planetarium stars chart app.
Combining simplicity and beauty with unrivalled features and power, let Vortex provide you with a stunning view of the night sky.
Augmented Reality (with camera support)
Hold your device to the sky and see an accurate representation of the stars and planets. If your device has a rear facing camera, experience true augmented reality with our sky map overlayed onto the real world! A unique experience not found in any other Android planetarium.
View the sky from any location - Use GPS, Network Provider or our powerful search feature to show you the night sky at your current location, or even the other side of the world.
Using our inovative time slider, you can see how the skies looked at any point in time, with fine control over the abilty to rewind, or fast-forward time. Select an object and watch it's motion as it rises and falls.
Huge object database
With over 20,000 objects to discover, you wont run out of things to search for! Included are
* All major and minor planets in our Solar System including all major moons.
* 88 constellations
* 110 Messier objects
* 109 Caldwell objects
* Full Revised NGC-IC catalog (Over 14,000 objects)
* More than 9000 stars
* Meteor showers
Combined with our powerful search, you will never be far away from any one of these objects!
Facts and figures
To compliment the staggering number of objects available, we have made available concise facts and information about the majority of them, with detailed ephemeris and figures for all. You will learn something new with each and every object in the sky!
Discover, at the touch of a button, upcoming celestial events such as eclipses, conjunctions, moon phases, season changes and much more. With the ability to add these events to your device calendar you'll never miss these sometimes once in a lifetime events again!
With just one button press, see what objects of interest are in the night sky right now!
Unique to Vortex Planetarium, we provide a 3 day forecast for anywhere in the world, focusing on astronomical data, like transparency and seeing. With the ability to mark those clear nights in your devices calendar, you will have no excuse to get outside and marvel at the beauty the Universe beholds.
With a bewildering number of configuration options, packaged in a simple to understand design, you can tailor Vortex to your exact needs. Maybe the constellation art is too bright, no problem, adjust it's transparency, need to adjust the number of stars you see to match the real night sky? No problem! We have pretty much every option covered, and if we don't, let us know why we should!
Beauty, speed & simplicity
Our aim is to make sure Vortex Planetarium is easy to use, extremely powerful and look stunning.
Vortex Planetarium has been optimised to run as fast and as smoothly as possible, no jerky movements when you zoom in on Jupiter. We have not ported Vortex from iPhone, it's purely an Android product. This means we can focus on optimising for the platform exclusively. This philosophy guarantees fast and regular updates.
And much more to come
We are always improving Vortex, and you will never have to "upgrade" or make additional purchases for these features and improvements.
Start with Discover Astronomy. For decades, the insightful editors of Astronomy magazine have been guiding observers, across the constellations, through the solar system, and into the deep sky so they can get the most from our time under the stars. And now, with this app, Northern Hemisphere observers can take expert guidance with them wherever they go.
Discover Astronomy eases you into stargazing by having you get to know the night sky with just your unaided eyes and binoculars through interactive articles, videos, galleries, and star charts. What are the signpost stars and star patterns of each season? What should you observe first? How can you understand where to look when you hear about a sky event in the news? The answers are all here.
After you feel comfortable with the major constellation guideposts of each season, grab your binoculars and Discover Astronomy to explore the Moon and the brightest star clusters, nebulae, and galaxies. You’ll be amazed by what simple optics can reveal. Soon you’ll be craving the views only a telescope can provide, which this app helps you with as well. Let Astronomy’s editors guide you through the buying process and get you started observing the planets, the Sun, and hundreds of stunning deep-sky objects. In no time, you’ll be exploring the sky like a pro and sharing your knowledge with others.
Payment for this app will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase.
At Kalmbach Publishing, we welcome your feedback. If you experience any problems with this app, please contact us at www.kalmbach.com/apphelp.
SkySafari Pro will completely replace your desktop astronomy software, and forever change the way you view the night sky. With SkySafari Pro, you can now explore the universe - not just from Earth, but from anywhere in the Milky Way galaxy!
As just reviewed in Sky & Telescope magazine, the iOS version of SkySafari is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer". Now here for Android, SkySafari will change the way you do astronomy!
SkySafari Pro has the largest database of any astronomy app, period. It weighs in at half a gig, and contains over 15.3 million stars from the Hubble Guide Star catalog, plus 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 580,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered.
SkySafari Pro includes NASA's latest LRO Moon map, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version.
Make sure you have at least 1.5 GB of free space on your internal SD card for SkySafari Pro to download this database from Google Play the first time it runs! (Note: due to Google Play rules, this data cannot be moved to your external SD card - you must have 1.5 GB free on your internal SD card!)
SkySafari Pro can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your Android device's built-in WiFi or bluetooth, and our SkyFi wireless or Starry Night BlueStar bluetooth serial adapter.
SkySafari Pro accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to 100 years in the past or future. It includes 1100 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains over 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an Android device with a compass, SkySafari Pro can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass button (or tilt your phone up toward the sky) to activate the compass. Now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
SkySafari Pro includes 1500 times more stars than Google SkyMap, and 580,000 solar system objects. It includes every known moon, asteroid, and comet in the solar system - not just the Sun, Moon, and planets.
Our apps contain hundreds of built-in images, and thousands of object descriptions, written by professional astronomers. Other apps give you Wikipedia links - which don't do much good when you're out in the field, away from Wi-Fi or data network connections.
Our Plus and Pro versions can control telescopes; other apps cannot. Nor can they reproduce basic astronomical phenomena like eclipses and moon shadow transits. Our apps were developed by passionate astronomers with a penchant for accuracy. We stand by our products!
TROUBLESHOOTING AND PERFORMANCE TIPS
Having trouble downloading the data files? Is it running slowly? Check our web site for help:
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about SkySafari Pro for Android:
If all else fails, send us an email - we're email@example.com, and we're happy to hear from you.
Astronomy Guide is the perfect reference source for finding planets, stars, constellations, and even the history of space travel. Know more about planet Earth and the solar system. Easy controls and rich illustrations make this an ideal gift for the curious mind. Get it today and begin to understand the universe where we all live!
- Unique navigational display
- User-friendly, intuitive interaction
- Easy-to-use Search and Browse Functions
- Bookmark and Save Favorites
- Share and engage with friends using social media features
Explore the skies above you and expand your knowledge of Astronomy today!
- Moon Phases
- Solar and Lunar Eclipses
- Moon Apogee & Perigee
- Meteor Showers
- Passage of the Moon near a planet or a bright star
- Beautiful Conjunctions
- Planets Conjunction & Opposition
- Planets Aphelion & Perihelion
- Comets Perihelion
- Planets Greatest Elongation
- Planets Ascending & Descending Node
- Stars, Planets and Asteroid Occultations
- Solstice & Equinox
The calculations are of a high enough accuracy for almost all amateur astronomy applications.
Due to the fact that astronomy is often best when far from civilization where mobile signal may not always be reliable. Therefore, this app is (almost) completely self-contained and does not require any internet connection for most of the information available. The only exceptions to this are the SOHO solar images and NGC/IC, Messier, Caldwell and Binary star images and weather forecast which are loaded dynamically, as well as the refreshing of satellite, comet and near-earth asteroid data.
Night mode turns the display red for night observations without having to ruin your night vision.
The Sky Map makes use of the direction sensors of the device to show the sky above (or below you). Most of the features can be toggled in the settings. The Sky Map also allows you to turn on the device's camera to see the view behind the device with the sky map superimposed over it.
The direction sensors of the device may need to be calibrated if the map appears to be pointing in the wrong direction. To calibrate the device's sensors wave the device in a figure-8 pattern. If the direction is still off, then the direction calibration can be adjusted manually by changing the setting in the Settings screen.
The observation log, allows you to save observations in the applications, as well as manage a list of astronomical equipment and observing locations. This equipment is also available for use in the Telescope Calculator.
Most of the data screens have an option to share the data via email, or other similar apps able to accept HTML content.
The Astronomical Time is also available as a Home screen widget. To use the widget, the app needs to be installed onto the internal storage instead of the SD card, otherwise it will not be available.
The Russian translation of the application is courtesy of Lirvux.
Some permissions are required for correct functioning of the app:
Location - used to determine user location throughout the app
Camera/Microphone - used to allow camera background in skymap. The microphone is never used but this permission is bundled with camera.
Photos/Media/Files - used to allow proper functioning of the full screen images and caching of images
Network access - used to do online searches, and downloading comet, asteroid and satellite data, object images and geocoding.
The app is jam-packed with features:
- Observe the sky with the skymap, planisphere, aurora forecast, polar finder, weather forecast, daylight map, SOHO images, Jupiter and Saturn's moons, Moon and Sun calendars and what's up.
- Detailed object information on the planets, constellations, comets, exoplanets, meteor showers, near-earth asteroids, satellites, as well as the full NGCIC, Caldwell, Messier, 6th catalog of Visual Binary Stars by the USNO and General Catalog of Variable Stars catalogs, as well as a SIMBAD search.
- Calculate angular separation, atmospheric refraction, magnitude, coordinate conversions, visual limiting magnitude, precession, redshift, and telescope airy disc, f-ratio and magnification
- Astronomical references, glossary, HR diagram and stellar classification.
- Astrophotography tools for exposure time, CCD resolution, Untracked exposure time and optimal f-ratio.
- Emphemerides for eclipses, equinoxes, conjunctions and oppositions, the sun, moon and planets
- Observation log
- Astronomical time
It's the mobile planetarium in your pocket, designed for astronomy fans to explore the universe. Just hold up and point your device at the sky and StarTracker will tell you exactly what stars, constellations and deep sky objects you are looking at in realtime. Full utilization of the build-in gyroscope, digital compass and accelerometer drive the best user experience.
What our users said:
-- "Best star gazing app I've ever used. Very well put together and great visuals!!! From end to end this app is a must-have for anyone interested in astronomy!!"
-- "This app is a marvel of technology, art, and science. Super smooth operation, great graphics and a great merging of the devices capabilities. Having grown up using star charts and compasses, this app feels like science fiction come to life. Great job!"
-- "Looking at the sky was never this incredible!"
-- "If you download only one app, make sure it's this one!! This is one of the best apps I've ever seen, period! Its quality is unmatched among star gazing apps!"
★ All data is offline!
★ Fit all screen size from 3.5 inch to 12 inch for any resolution!
★ Sun, Moon, Planets in Solar System, 88 Constellations and 8000+ stars visible to the naked eyes.
★ 12 Zodiac Constellations Art & 6 famous deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Location auto set by GPS, or set manually.
★ Auto hide all menus and enter AR track mode when lift up the device and point to sky.
★ Smooth motion flow and quick response which is realized by cutting edge signal processing technique.
★ Superb high quality graphic display by enabling the retina display of the device and the full screen anti-aliasing technology employment.
★ Full 88 Constellations & 100+ deep sky objects with magnificent graphics.
★ Search and guide you to stars, constellations, planets and deep sky objects.
★ 3D compass in AR mode, indicate position of objects your searched.
★ Time Machine menu and location menu to let you explore more on time and location dimension.
★ Night mode switch, protecting eye when doing star gazing outdoor.
★ Top Left: Location Menu, choose location from a world map.
★ Bottom Left: AR Compass indicator in AR track mode, pan the screen to enter un-track mode and click track button to back.
• When under un-track mode, just lift up the screen and point it to the sky to enter AR track mode.
***An AppsZoom Best Android App 2014***
• Simple: Point your device at the sky to identify galaxies, stars, constellations, planets, and satellites (including the ISS and Hubble) passing overhead at your location.
• Night Mode: Preserve your night vision with red or green night mode filters.
• Augmented Reality (AR): Use your camera to spot objects in the sky, day or night.
• Sky Paths: Follow the sky track for any object to see it’s exact location in the sky on any date and time.
• Time Travel: Jump to the future or the past and see the sky on different dates and times.
• Social: Capture and share beautiful images with friends and family on social networks.
• Mobile: WiFi is NOT required (does not require a data signal or GPS to function). Take it camping, boating, or even flying!
• Supports Space Navigator™ binoculars, spotting scope, and telescopes.
What a fun way to teach yourself, your children, your students, or your friends about our wonderful universe!
Create your own version for school or college submission leveraging the information in a booklet format. Learn from reports submitted by your peers on diverse educational topics solar system, our universe, origin of the universe and any other topic of interest
1] Latest news on the topic of interest
2] Best scientific information from experts in the field
2] Scholarly reports from experts in the field
3] Best videos on the topic to have fun while learning
4] Related Books on the subject
5] Save your favorite reports as books
6] Share you booklets with friends
7] Search any topic of your choice and learn
Here’s what you get.
Astronomy news - get interesting in-depth astronomy news articles delivered daily to your phone or tablet. We gather news, images and videos from genuinely authoritative and interesting sources such as Universe Today, SPACE.COM, the Hubble space telescope, and NASA.
Astronomy pictures – yes, you get captivating photos via the famous NASA image of the day. But why stop there? Through the app you can also see space photography from the Hubble telescope. Unlike the NASA photos which cover a variety of subjects, the Hubble telescope images focus mostly on the night sky, retrieving information about distant galaxies, planets and stars.
Astronomy articles - Read stories not just focusing on the US, but also international partners like Russia, China and the UK. Such stories often contain interesting facts, quotes, photography and links to videos. They cover subjects such as: observatories, astronauts, test pilots, telescopes and NASA missions.
Disclaimer: we do not own or claim to own any of the content distributed through our app. These are our personal favorite sources that we think combine informative content with ease of understanding. Easier to see them in one spot than to surf all around the web.
NASA or The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is the agency of the United States government that is responsible for the nation's civilian space program and for aeronautics and aerospace research. Most U.S. space exploration efforts have been led by NASA, including the Apollo moon-landing missions, the Skylab space station, and later the Space Shuttle. At present NASA is supporting the International Space Station and is overseeing the development of the Orion Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle and Commercial Crew vehicles.
The most notable NASA activities are its space flight programs, both manned and unmanned. The latter can be either independent, carrying scientific equipment, or supportive, testing equipment for manned flights. In the beginning, NASA’s missions focused on the space race with the Soviet Union, which won the first round, but later USA took the initiative and won the final race to the Moon.
Hubble Space Telescope
The Hubble Space Telescope is a space telescope that was carried into orbit by a Space Shuttle in 1990 and remains in operation. In low Earth orbit, Hubble's four main instruments observe in the near ultraviolet, visible, and near infrared. The telescope is named after the astronomer Edwin Hubble.
Hubble's orbit outside the distortion of Earth's atmosphere allows it to take extremely high-resolution images with almost no background light. Hubble's Deep Field has recorded some of the most detailed visible-light images ever, allowing a deep view into space and time. Many Hubble observations have led to breakthroughs in astrophysics.
Hubble is the only telescope designed to be serviced in space by astronauts.
OK, that's about it.
Let us know what you think of the app, and if there's something you like us to add.
This astronomy for beginner’s course is for anyone who loves astronomy and wants to get up to date on the most recent astronomical discoveries.
Join Professor Chris Impey and our team of instructors from Steward Observatory at the University of Arizona to learn the science behind the latest astronomy news headlines, to enrich your understanding of the universe, and to glimpse the future of this exciting area of research.
*YOU ARE GOING TO GET FROM THIS COURSE*
- Over 77 lectures and 23.5 hours of content!
- Become familiar with the cutting edge of astronomy research, from the Solar System and exoplanets to galaxies and the distant universe.
- Learn how astronomers are addressing profound issues such as the existence of life beyond Earth and black holes and the nature of dark matter and dark energy.
- Gain an appreciation for the technological innovations in telescopes and detectors that are transforming our view of the universe.
- What is the target audience?
- Everyone- Amateur Astronomers
- Planetarium Educators
- Science Center and Museum Educat
- Science Teachers
- Astronomy Instructors
- Students of Astronomy
- Lifetime access to 77 lectures and 1 quizzes
- 23+ hours of high quality content
- A community of 19200+ people trying to learn the same thing!
- Watch courses on the go: video lectures, audio lectures, presentations, articles and anything inside your course.
- Watch courses in offline: Save courses for offline viewing so you can watch them while you're on a plane or subway!
* WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT THIS COURSE*
"I have thoroughly enjoyed this course. It covers a wide range of topics in sufficient detail to make it interesting and thought provoking. If Udemy create more courses about astronomy, cosmology or related subjects then you can count me in!"
- (Peter Cooper) ★★★★★
"Great course, loved it, learned so much, best course ever."
- (Michael Clark) ★★★★★
Instructed By: Professor Chris Impey,Dr. Matthew Wenger,Carmen Lucinda Austin
Chris Impey is a University Distinguished Professor and Deputy Head of the Department at the University of Arizona, in charge of academic programs. His research is on observational cosmology, gravitational lensing, and the evolution and structure of galaxies.
Install the "Astronomy Learning" app now and join over 4 million students who are already learning on Udemy.
SkySafari 4 Pro includes NASA's latest Moon and Mars maps, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version. It's an astronomical encyclopedia, with over 1500 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professionals. And it includes 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers - now in breathtaking high definition on your Android tablet!
All this is built into SkySafari 4 Pro - you don't need an internet connection to use it. SkySafari 4 Pro will revolutionize your astronomical viewing experience, and replace desktop astronomy software costing ten times more. If you're serious about astronomy, it's a deal you can't afford to miss.
If you've used SkySafari Pro before, here's what's new in version 4:
* New look-and-feel, app icons, and artwork.
* Complete rewrite of compass code for much smoother and more accurate motion tracking.
* Google Maps integration: choose your location from a built-in Maps view.
* Animated meteor showers, with complete viewing information and spectacular graphics.
* New horizon panoramas: Yerba Buena Gardens in downtown San Francisco, Uluru (Ayers Rock) Australia, and the top of Mauna Kea on Hawaii's Big Island. Or add your own!
* New and updated descriptions for hundreds of objects.
* Completely reinvented scope control panel. Up/Down/Left/Right controls only appear when the scope is connected, and big enough to be useable.
* Objects lists under Search are now sortable by name, number, magnitude, RA, Dec, and many other properties.
* New Advanced Search options let you find objects using properties other than their name. For example, you can find all objects of a certain type, within a certain constellation, brighter than a certain magnitude, etc.
* New Advanced Time settings let you enter a date & time thousands of years in the past or future, to the nearest second, or using Julian dates
* New Telescope Equipment settings let you enter a list of all your telescope equipment. Select different combinations of eyepieces and telescopes to display field-of-view automatically. Set up a separate camera and auto-guider FOV. All FOV indicators can be labelled in the sky chart.
* Now log observations of objects directly from the Object Info view, or show all your observations of any object at once.
* New Variable Stars list, containing the brightest and best-known variables in the sky.
* Added descriptions for hundreds of small moons, asteroids, comets, satellites; and many images.
* All full screen images in Object Info now include hi-res versions for the iPad.
* Database now contains Guide Star Catalog 2.x stars to magnitude 15 - total 25 million (up from 15 million in SkySafari 3 Pro).
* Database now includes the complete General Catalog of Variable Stars and Washington Double Star catalogs.
* Dozens more tweaks, bug fixes, and additions we don't have room to list here!
Everybody loves astronomy. Want to know how much you know about it? then try this quiz. We have thousands of questions waiting for you to be answered.Play the quiz everyday and increase your cosmic IQ within few days!!
Learn new facts about the cosmos and get amazed!!!
Across thousands of domains--with more continually added--Wolfram|Alpha uses its vast collection of algorithms and data to compute answers and generate reports for you.
Parts of Wolfram|Alpha are used in the Apple Siri Assistant; this app gives you access to the full power of the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine. Domains covered by Wolfram|Alpha include:
STATISTICS & DATA ANALYSIS
Electricity & Magnetism
Animals & Plants
DNA Sequence Lookup
Human, Mouse & Fruit Fly Genomes
UNITS & MEASURES
DATES & TIMES
Current & Historical Weather
PLACES & GEOGRAPHY
PEOPLE & HISTORY
Historical Events, Periods & Countries
Historical Numerals & Money
CULTURE & MEDIA
Television Networks & Programs
WORDS & LINGUISTICS
SPORTS & GAMES
Color Names & Systems
MONEY & FINANCE
Cost of Living
HEALTH & MEDICINE
Medical Test Data
FOOD & NUTRITION
WEB & COMPUTER SYSTEMS
This app covers the following topics applicable to Calculus, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, Calculus I, and Calculus II:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable.
- Plot basic, parametric, or polar plots of the function(s) of your choice.
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value.
- Differentiate any function or implicit function.
- Find the critical points and inflection points of a function.
- Identify the local and absolute extrema of a function.
- Integrate a function, with or without limits.
- Sum a function given a lower and upper bound.
- Find the closed form of a sequence or generate terms for a specific sequence.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Algebra I, Algebra II, and College Algebra:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable.
- Simplify fractions, square roots, or any other expression.
- Solve a simple equation or a system of equations for specific variables.
- Plot basic, parametric, or polar plots of the function(s) of your choice.
- Expand any polynomial.
- Factor numeric expressions, polynomials, and symbolic expressions.
- Divide any two expressions.
- Find the partial fraction decomposition of rational expressions.
The Wolfram Algebra Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Algebra Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to precalculus and trigonometry:
- Evaluate any numeric expression or substitute a value for a variable
- Solve a single equation or a system of equations
- Plot functions on the x-y plane or draw a parametric or polar plot
- Determine the sine, cosine, and tangent of a specific angle in a right triangle
- Simplify, expand, or factor trigonometric functions
- Find the partial fraction decomposition of an expression
- Calculate the dot product, cross product, and magnitude of two vectors
- Identify the mean, median, mode, and standard deviation of a set of data
- Calculate permutations and combinations
The Wolfram Precalculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Precalculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics from Physics I:
- Solve linear and rotational kinematic equations
- Calculate forces of gravity, friction, and springs
- Calculate motion of rockets, pendulums, collisions, and more
- Perform calculations involving mass, weight, density, energy, work, and power
- Do unit conversions
- Look up laws of physics and common physics constants
The Wolfram Physics I Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Physics I Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Do function calculations like domain and range, image and preimage, and inverse and growth
- Compute logic problems like minimal forms, implications, propositions, and bitwise operations
- Calculate set functions like power set, basic set operations, complement, and Venn diagrams
- Use the Number Theory section for division, modular arithmetic, prime numbers, special numbers, and integer functions
- Do sequence computations like summation, product, and limit of a sequence
- Compute permutation and combinatorics questions, including derangements and permutations of list or finite relations and Pascal's triangle
- Use the discrete probability section for Bernoulli trial equations and view statistics on coin and dice probabilities or view various distribution given the probability of success
- View information on basic, named, or custom graphs in our Graph Theory section
The Wolfram Discrete Mathematics Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Discrete Mathematics Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following pre-algebra topics:
- Find the divisors and prime factorization of a number
- Calculate the GCD and LCM of two numbers
- Determine the percent change
- Reduce and round numbers
- Evaluate expressions
- Solve equations and simplify expressions
- Convert units of length, area, volume, and weight
- Compute the mean, median, and mode of a dataset
- Plot equations on the coordinate plane
- Graph inequalities on a number line
- Calculate the area, surface area, or volume of a geometric figure
- Find the midpoint, slope, and distance between two points
The Wolfram Pre-Algebra Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Pre-Algebra Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Statistics and Introduction to Statistics:
- Create a bar chart, histogram, or scatter plot of any set of data
- Find the mean, median, mode, standard deviation, quartiles, and interquartile range of a dataset
- Calculate normal probabilities and find information about the normal distribution
- Calculate binomial probabilities and find information about the binomial distribution
- Compute probabilities based on dice rolls and coin flips
- Find the best-fit line of a set of data points
- Select random integers or random real numbers
The Wolfram Statistics Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Statistics Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Multivariable Calculus, Advanced Calculus, and Vector Calculus:
- Evaluate any numeric expression, or substitute a value for a variable
- Plot 2D or 3D functions of your choice
- Determine the limit of a function as it approaches a specific value or values
- Differentiate any single or multivariable function
- Find the critical points and saddle points of a function
- Calculate the gradient of a function
- Identify the local extrema of a function
- Find the single, double, or triple integral of a function
- Determine the dot or cross product of two vectors
- Calculate the divergence or curl of a vector field
The Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Multivariable Calculus Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to linear algebra:
- Solve an equation or a system of equations
- Add or subtract any two vectors
- Find the cross product or dot product for two vectors
- Find the dimensions, transpose, adjugate, rank, inverse, determinant, and reduced row echelon form of a matrix
- Calculate a matrix product
- Add and subtract matrices
- Compute linear transformations
- Determine subspaces, including row space, column space, and null space
- Find the characteristic equation, eigenvalues, and eigenvectors of a matrix
The Wolfram Linear Algebra Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Linear Algebra Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Visualize fractions on a number line or pie chart
- Convert a fraction to a decimal or percent or vice versa
- Get help with arithmetic, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Reduce fractions to their simplest forms
The Wolfram Fractions Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Fractions Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to mechanics of materials, mechanics of deformable bodies, solid mechanics, mechanics and materials, and statics:
- Calculate the normal stress on and extensional strain in a body
- Solve for the effects of temperature changes on a member
- Search for material properties of alloys, plastics, and woods
- Determine the Young's modulus, Poisson's ratio, and shear modulus of an object
- Use Hooke's Law for uniaxial stress and plane stress and a generalized version to solve for a member's stress or strain
- Evaluate axial deformation problems
- Find the shear stress on circular bars, rectangular or elliptical shafts, and thin-walled members undergoing torsional forces
- Determine the twist angles of torsion members
- Calculate the extensional strain and flexural stress in pure bending beams
- Solve for the deflection of statically determinate beams
The Wolfram Mechanics of Materials Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Mechanics of Materials Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics applicable to Introductory Chemistry, General Chemistry, and AP Chemistry:
- Determine properties of elements, chemicals, and ions
- Compute properties of gases using various gas laws
- Perform stoichiometric conversions for solutions
- Balance equations
- Compute the enthalpy, equilibrium constant, and theoretical yield of a reaction
- Perform over 45 different computations
The Wolfram General Chemistry Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram General Chemistry Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
- Choose from both common fractals and more unusual types
- Visualize the Sierpiński gasket, the Koch snowflake, and the Mandelbrot set, as well as over 40 other fractals
- Input parameters to customize your fractal type
- Learn the rules behind the fractal construction
- Explore hundreds of possibilities, including line and shape replacement fractals, space-filling curves, Blancmange function, Mandelbrot and Julia sets, and 3D fractals
The Wolfram Fractals Reference App is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Fractals Reference App draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.
This app covers the following topics from Physics II:
- Calculate properties of solids, including stress, pressure, deformation, and more
- Calculate properties of fluids, including drag, buoyancy, hydrostatic pressure, and more
- Solve a variety of electricity and magnetism calculations
- Perform ray optics calculations, including Snell's law, lensmaker's equation, thin lens equation, and more
- Compute wave effects, including properties of diffraction and thin film interference
- Do common thermodynamics calculations, including the ideal gas law, Joule's first law, and more
- Look up laws of physics and common physics constants
The Wolfram Physics II Course Assistant is powered by the Wolfram|Alpha computational knowledge engine and is created by Wolfram Research, makers of Mathematica—the world's leading software system for mathematical research and education.
The Wolfram Physics II Course Assistant draws on the computational power of Wolfram|Alpha's supercomputers over a 2G, 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi connection.