Use our awesome bilingual dictionaries to look up words and interact with video subtitles and web pages. Our dictionaries are free, work offline and have no ads!
The best way to become fluent in a language is to practice watching shows and videos created for native speakers. Woodpecker is an app filled with thousands of the world's most popular tv shows and videos, jam packed with learning tools to help you become fluent for free!
Practice commonly used vocabulary, tones and accents while watching a huge library of popular shows from all over the world. Immerse yourself in thousands of movies, TV shows, interviews and presentations and if you aren’t sure of any words you come across, just tap on the subtitle for immediate definitions in your own language.
• A movie or video playing in Woodpecker can have two subtitle streams running simultaneously. For instance, one in English and one in Chinese.
• Touch on a word in a subtitle stream to see the possible meanings in your language. Touch on a word or character in your own language to get the definition in the language you are learning
• To improve your listening power you can replay a single sentence or go back five seconds to repeat content.
• More than 400 YouTube channels with English language audio and subtitles are available. Many of these channels also upload subtitle streams in other languages. We have more than 30 YouTube channels with Mandarin language audio and subtitles.
• We also show the YouTube channels of many popular English teachers.
• A list of the videos you've watched and the words/characters that you've touched can be seen in the history tabs.
We support English speakers learning Mandarin and Spanish. We support speakers of Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese learning English.