### OLD VERSION was released by the name of "Today's Word" ###
** Update History
Transparent widget added.
Quiz now possible only with favorite words.
long press and copy word in description to look up with ColorDict dictionary(installation required).
Play audio with changing playback speed.
Able to listen the word itself.
Backup or restore data and audio files on Dropbox.
Includes new words from the following sources:
Oxford English Dictionary
The Free Dictionary
The Learning Network
Latin Word of the Day
Word of the Day! Learn a new word every day! Free, everyday, daily!
Do the difficult words make the sentence completions too hard?
You need to know vocabulary for the sentence completion questions, which are 30% of the critical reading sections.
Maximize your study time by mastering a new word every day. This app promotes improving in increments. Don't cram at the last minute! Study a little every day. You will truly understand each word with a brief description and helpful sentence.
DAILY STUDY POWER
Get a new SAT vocabulary word delivered to your phone every day.
DEFINITIONS AND PARTS OF SPEECH
Each word is defined, with its part of speech, and an example sentence.
AUDIO WORD PRONUNCIATIONS
Listen to each word's pronunciation. You can hear the word pronunciation on the widget, too.
REVIEW YOUR TROUBLE WORDS
Mark words as favorites to review and quiz yourself later.
CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS
Challenge your friends to see if they know today's word.
GET MORE RANDOM WORDS
Choose to study random words, too. There are hundreds and more are being added all the time!
Keep today's word in your notification panel.
Add the widget to your home screen to receive a daily word while you are using your phone or tablet. Save today's word to your favorites list, listen to the pronunciation, and get a random word, right from your home screen!
Due to the widget and daily word check, the app cannot be moved to SD card. FYI, the app is very small.
Settings include: notification panel on/off, keep screen awake on/off, receive notifications of new daily words.
Compare to the features in other SAT vocabulary and English language learning apps. Email us if we're missing any vocabulary study features you need to prep for the SAT!
This app is ad-supported to defray server costs and provide you with a free educational service.
We want to make this the most helpful app we can. Please send us your ideas to make it better!
Please email us with the details so that we can take care of it. It is helpful if you tell us what type of device you have (the model name) and what steps led up to your issue. Thank you.
Network and WiFi state: Checks if your device is connected before trying to get today's word.
Internet: App needs to get today's word from our server.
Wake Lock: Optional setting to keep screen awake (off by default).
Boot Completed: Allows app to check for today's word when you turn on your device.
SAT is a registered trademark of The College Board, which is not affiliated with, nor endorses, this app.
SAT Word A Day FREE
SAT Word of the Day
SAT daily words
daily flashcards flash cards
words builder lists study learn English
vocabulary vocab tutor booster advanced
GRE ACT quiz test exam prep study
preparation help studying cram tutor
The user is able to set the time of when the word is received (based on their timezone). When the word is received you will get:
- the word
- pronunciation (if available)
- definition (or multiple is there are more than one)
- a note (usually saying the source of the word)
- 2 examples of the word being used
When a word is received not only will it be stored for you to look at later, it will automatically update the widget on your home screen!
Word of the Day is powered by Wordnik so words are chosen randomly from 5 different dictionaries!
Word of the Day • New interesting word every day and on demand
Word of the Day • Audio and phonetic pronunciation
Word of the Day • Word definition
Word of the Day • Etymology
Word of the Day • Example usage
Word of the Day • Word history
Word of the Day • Overlaid instructions
Featured on the Wordnik API Gallery website:
- "Word of the Day" powered by Wordnik. Simple and Free.
- TOEIC Vocabulary (600 TOEIC Words): The data is standard from the book "600 standards essential words for the TOEIC - 3rd edition" includes 600 words with many parts: definition, vietnamese meaning, examples, related words and testing lessons for every word categories. In special, from version 2.1, supporting listening tests in this data.
- TOEFL Vocabulary (400 TOEFL Must-Have Words): The data from book "400 Must-Have for the TOEFL" with with many parts: definition, examples, related words and testing lessons for every word categories.
- TOEFL/IELTS Vocabulary (5000 TOEFL/IELTS Words): From "5000 words for TOEFL & IELTS" include 5000 words. The data has only definition of the words.
- TOEIC Vocabulary (3420 TOEIC Words): Includes 3420 words with definition, related words.
Especially, with every lessons, you can do test lessons to remembered longer. Additionally, through widget, the app English Vocabulary Daily helps you to learn vocabulary every hour, every day like "small rain lays great dust". The app English Vocabulary Daily works offline, so you learn anytime, anywhere without a network connection.
The app English Vocabulary Daily has features as following:
- Support pronunciation and translation.
- Supports two types of widgets (4x2 and 2x2) gives you flexibility in use.
- Supports for multiple profiles as show/hide parts of words, change display font size
- Supports sharing the app via Facebook, Twitter, Google+...
For more effective learning, below is some small tips upon application English Vocabulary Daily:
1. Spend 15 to 30 minutes everyday to learn a list of categories. At each category, firstly learning with full meaning, then go to "Settings", uncheck the relevant settings. This helps you remember of the words meaning faster.
2. After completing the words lesson in each category, you do the test lessons. This will help you remember the learned words longer.
3. Please add widget to your android Home Screen, so every opening, a certain word is shown on the display. This is the way that the application helps you to learn words gradually rather than over-full manner causing difficult to remember. This function is helpful for people with limited time.
Have an effective learning and success in TOEIC / TOEFL / IELTS examination!
This application can also call under another name as English Vocabulary Test, Toeic Vocabulary Test, TOEFL Vocabulary, IELTS Vocabulary
LEARN: uVocab contains a comprehensive database of nearly 5000 quality, hand-picked words, considered 'high-frequency' in various competetive tests and essential for every advanced vocabulary learner. With a clean & customizable UI, you can explore the word database via multiple browsing methods that support both systematic learning or a casual look up. In-depth vocabulary information categories makes the dataset relevant to both beginners and advanced learners.
EVALUATE: Take realistic tests to evaluate your vocabulary strength. You can track your progress with detailed test statistics alongwith complete test history to review past performance. uVocab now supports multiple test types to take vocabulary test with different word groups.
REVISE: uVocab contains all the features to keep track and quickly review words of interest to you. Favorite tags allow you to conveniently locate interesting words. Failed tags are automatically added for mistakes made during tests to aid your revision process. Flash cards provide another way to create word groups to help you during test preparations.
~ Comprehensive, in-depth word database.
~ Multiple word browsing methods.
~ Multiple realistic test types.
~ Audio pronunciations for unfamiliar words.
~ Web resources integration for advanced learning.
~ Supports favorite/failed tags for word revision.
~ Flash cards for test preparations.
~ Detailed test history to monitor progress.
~ Share words with your friends.
~ Clean and fully customizable UI with multiple themes.
** Absolutely free, supported with minimal ads.
** Your kind comments and ratings are highly appreciated to help improve this app.
Are you preparing for TOEIC, TOEFL, GMAT, SAT, GRE, MCAT, PCAT or ASVAB exam?
If you want to score high, you need an extensive vocabulary. The dictionary in this app includes:
TOEIC (3420 words)
TOEFL (600 words)
GMAT (1400 words)
SAT (5000 words)
GRE (3750 words)
MCAT (1230 words)
PCAT (1190 words)
ASVAB (300 words)
For each word you will find a correct pronunciation (via your Android device) and translation to your mother language (via Google Translate - requires an internet connection, but only a little data).
This application will help you learn essential vocabulary. You can test and improve your knowledge in two ways: You can either match words with their meanings or meanings with their words. Every test contains 10 questions and each question has 4 answer options. You have to select the correct answer. In the end of each test you can check your answers.
During your study you can relax and still stay in touch with English language. Play some word games, like Anagram, CodeWord, Millionaire, Puzzle or Stop Word.
★Comes with a perfect classroom to help build your vocabulary. Your progress is tracked and persisted.
★2 Effective test modes: Multiple Choice and True False with auto correction
★Comes with fun games(Flying Birds, Crabs etc) and a handy dictionary search feature
★ Helpful for students of GRE, GMAT, SAT, ASVAB, IELTS. – Has a track record of over 4000 words that appear often in these tests.
★ Comes with audible pronunciation (Text to Speech) to enable you learn how each word is pronounced
★ Designed based on proven techniques, this power vocabulary app lets you build a lifelong critical skill without paying a dime.
★ Talk, write and read flawlessly.
You’ll Love it. Try it :)
- 1000 words with 100 lists of 10 words per list
- Three learning modes that help you memorize words faster
- Hard words are automatically filtered into HARD list
An iPhone/iPad version for this app is also available in Apple Appstore
- A word a day, at your finger: just open Daily Word to discover your new word of the day!
- Quick access to search on the web (launch your browser to search about the word), translate (launch your search app to translate the word and its definition) and share (share the word of the day on your preferred social network, send it on a email to a friend or pin it on your note app)
- Pin your favorite words to read them whenever you want: use the pin icon to save and delete the word of the day.
- Read your pinned words from the dedicated list: tap on the cards to expand them and reveal the word definition
- Text to speech the word of the day and lean how to pronunce it
- Word pre-fetch: Daily Word will download the word of the day as soon as the midnight comes. Your word will be there waiting for you when you open the app, even if you're offline.
- Daily Word Notification: let your device remind you that your daily word is ready!
- Customize your word of the day notification: turn on and off vibrate, sound effect and LED light
- Choose the color for the notification LED light
- Rich notifications: let your daily notification contains the word of the day and its definition
- Sticky notifications: hold the word of the day onto your notification drawer
- Home screen widget
- DashClock Widget extension [working with Better DashClock Widget too]
- KitKat UI
★ Join the Beta Channel if you'd like to try new features in advance for the prices of experiments, unpredictable behavior and bugs. The Beta Channel is the perfect place for constructive criticism too, along whit requests, questions or simple comments about the developing process. Follow the link to the Google+ community for Daily Word Beta Channel: http://goo.gl/Sl3jU1
☞ 1000 vocab words picked by an expert GRE tutor
☞ Definitions and example sentences for every word
☞ Decks for every difficulty level
☞ Track your progress as you study
☞ Smart algorithm focuses your practice for efficient learning
This app gives you free access to all of Magoosh’s GRE flash cards. Sign in with a Magoosh account (or create a new one) to save your progress to the web. You can continue your practice online at http://gre.magoosh.com/flashcards/vocabulary
Written by GRE experts
The entire GRE wordlist is selected and defined with usage examples by Magoosh’s expert GRE tutors, led by Chris Lele. He has been teaching the GRE for more than 10 years, runs a popular vocabulary series on YouTube and he’s also written an eBook on vocabulary. He is unbeatable in Scrabble, or any other word game for that matter.
Review that really sticks
Academic research has found that memories are formed by repeated exposure to new information, so Magoosh’s flashcard app uses a spaced repetition system. Words you are learning will reappear frequently (occurring less frequently the better you know them) and words you already know won’t be repeated. The GRE word list is also culled to only 1000 so that you don't waste time learning unimportant words.
“I really like the way the words appear and the simple interface to show progress of the user. You guys have put good use of algorithms so one comes out learning the words well. The best flashcard app to date.” - Arif
"I was able to learn more words in the 4th week by using your flash card app than I learnt over the previous 3 weeks using Barron's 1100." - Sai
We're an online test prep company with a focus on teaching the GRE through videos and personalized customer support.
In addition to our online course, we blog about GRE words, roots, formulas, grammar, problem solving, quantitative reasoning, and reading comprehension along with GRE study guides and study tips. Articles from the blog have been compiled into 3 separate free ebooks with over 6,000 downloads. Check it out at http://magoosh.com/gre
More GRE study tools
Search the app store for "magoosh gre" to continue your prep for the Revised GRE Exam with Magoosh’s video lessons app. Learn all the math, verbal, and writing you need to know for the test!
When you’re ready to practice for the full Revised GRE exam, Magoosh’s website has more than 700 excellent GRE Math and GRE Verbal practice questions, each with its own detailed video explanation. After each quiz, you can review your answers to see your strengths and weaknesses. Visit http://gre.magoosh.com for more information.
(Magoosh also has apps for learning English grammar and studying for the GMAT. Search the store for "magoosh english" or "magoosh gmat" to find them)
Have any questions? Please ask!
Customer satisfaction is incredibly important to us. If you have any questions or comments, please send us an email at email@example.com or call 1-855-MAGOOSH and we’ll get back to you as quickly as we can. If you’re outside the US, you can also reach us at +1-510-214-0212
“I didn’t have much time to prepare for the GRE, and Magoosh made it possible for me to succeed on the test in a short period of time. I looked at Kaplan GRE, Barron’s, and Princeton Review products, and I can confidently say that Magoosh was definitely the best.”
“The team is really great and actually cares about your score as much as they would care about their own. Simply the best.”
Don’t wait until the last minute to start studying, start memorizing GRE words today!
Welcome to English Vocabulary Builder. This application is designed to improve your English vocabulary. The app provides comprehensive English lessons to help you learn easily and have more fun when learning!
So this app is focusing on Vocabulary and the ways for you how to gain your Vocabulary with more excitement!
Just download, enjoy it and share with your friends!!!
The app contains to main parts:
***Page I: For learning easy vocabulary with different ways:
- Learning vocabulary in very first lessons for beginners in hello class
- Learning vocabulary through images
- Word Power for beginners
- Learning 1000 common words with examples
- Phrasal verbs
***Page II: For anyone want to learn more advanced English Vocabulary: Slangs, Idioms, Words in the News,...
- American Slangs
- American Easy Idioms
- Daily Vocabulary Phrases Idioms
- Advanced Words in the news
[Enjoy and good luck!]
Over 5000 questions are organized in format of tests in which you can judge your vocabulary skills and become perfect in antonyms and synonyms
Every test contains 20 questions and each question has 4 answer options. You have to select the correct answer. You can submit your answers to get the score and see the correct answers
- Over 5000 questions for your testing your vocab skills
- Regular Updates
- Complete support
- Clear and Concise
This app is useful for MBA exams , CAT, GMAT , GRE , TOEFL or any other competitive and even curriculum exam .
Regular use of this will definitely help improve your grades and improve your vocabulary skills.
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for suggestions and feedback for improvements.
Follow us on twitter @gamesnapps4u
“A positively addictive app for aspiring wordsmiths.” —Fast Company
“Vocabulary.com reveals the truth about your vocabulary skills and helps you improve.” —AppAdvice
“An addictive word-learning app... an approachable dictionary and quiz machine.” —TIME
IT’S A SCIENCE...
Vocabulary.com is a comprehensive program for lifelong learning of vocabulary, in which each activity is specially chosen for you.
• We use sophisticated algorithms to help you learn more effectively.
• We start with 120,000 questions that teach 12,000 words.
• We use the science of learning to model how you learn (and retain) new words.
• By comparing your answers to the hundreds of millions of answers given by other Vocabulary.com users, we personalize your learning experience and choose the best question for you at just the right time.
...AND IT’S A GAME
We’ve turned learning vocabulary into an addictive game. You may not even notice that you’re learning along the way.
• Accumulate points, achievements and badges.
• Compete with Vocabulary.com users from throughout the world.
Studying for an exam like the SAT, GRE, or TOEFL? We have learnable lists for you, covering everything from standardized tests to breaking news — you name it.
• Choose from one of our 50,000 ready-to-learn lists.
• Or if you see a word in the dictionary that you want to learn, just click "learn this word" and we'll teach it to you.
...OR WE CHOOSE
Don't have a specific word or list in mind? Let our adaptive learning system find the right word for you.
• Just play a few questions, and we'll pinpoint the words that are appropriate for your level.
• We won't waste your time on words that are too easy or too hard.
Like a good coach, Vocabulary.com won’t give up on you. Whether you pick the words or let us find them for you, we’ll work with you until you've mastered them.
And even after you've achieved mastery, we'll continue to reinforce what you have learned to make sure that it all stays fresh in your memory. Next thing you know, you’ll be expanding your vocabulary and improving your communication, a key to success in school and business.
FINALLY, A DICTIONARY WITH A SOUL
Our dictionary was written for humans, by humans. Look up a word, and you’ll read a friendly explanation that you'll actually remember. It’s as if your favorite teacher were explaining it to you.
We include clever usage tips and thousands of real-world example sentences that'll show you how words live in the wild and will make you more confident about using them yourself.
See a word you’d like to know better? Tap "Learn this Word" and easily add it to your learning program.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"Vocabulary.com is among the quickest, and most intelligent ways for students to improve their vocabulary. Regardless of education level or age, Vocabulary.com will help master the words that are essential to academic and business success." —National Education Association
“Educators who are familiar with Vocabulary.com are impressed by the technology. It is a sign, they say, that real progress is finally being made in computer-assisted education.” —The New York Times
“Vocabulary.com could actually make speaking well cool again.” —TIME
“Vocabulary.com boasts a Web-based dashboard bristling with points, levels, progress bars and achievement bonuses, among other attractions.” —USA Today
HONORS AND AWARDS
• TIME’s 50 Best Websites of the Year
• PC Magazine's Top 100 Websites of the Year
• Tech & Learning Award of Excellence
• Webby Awards: Official Honoree in Education
Word Learner helps you build and retain a strong vocabulary.
Prepares you for competitive exams like GRE, CAT, CMAT, XAT, SAT, GMAT..etc.
Purchasing this word pack will enable the following features in your application:
1.A huge collection of powerful and important words(Over 1500 words).
2.Will enable multiple Daily Word Notifications.
3.Will enable Interval-Based Word Notification.
4.Will remove the ads.
The free app has the following features:
1.A collection of 380 words categorized as Beginner/Expert.
2.Dictionary with Filter-Based Search:
*Online mode - Search for any word to get its definitions & usage examples from a wide range of dictionaries like WEBSTER, CENTURY, WORDNET, WIKTIONARY, AMERICAN HERITAGE DICT. provided by Wordnik.com.
*Offline mode - Search from the 380 words in the free App.
3.Daily Word Notifications - No more widgets required, instead get notified with a new word daily.
4.Root Words - Upto 320 roots with example words(Very useful for GRE GMAT SAT & CAT aspirants).
Find it difficult to remember new words??? Try the Root Word technique(eg. below):
The Root 'bell' means 'war'--- bellicose, belligerent etc.
The Root 'ante' means 'before'--- antecedent, antediluvian, antedate etc.
So now if you come across the word 'antebellum' you can guess its meaning which would be 'before the war'.
5.Learn Word Mode - Learn new words in the form of flashcards.
6.Test Mode - Test based on the words learnt by you.
7.Review List - Lets you easily access all the words you find difficult at one place.
8.Statistics regarding your performance.
9.Integrated with Wiktionary - Long press a word to get more details about it like Etymology(i.e word origin).
10.U.S and U.K vocal pronunciations(via Google text-to speech).
11.If you come across a new word when you are browsing through websites you can now find its meaning through the Word Learner App as follows:
Long Press the word, click on the share icon and select the Word Learner App.
(Limitations: This feature is dependent on the native browser implementation(works well on ics).It even works with certain ebook readers like Aldiko).