Nova Launcher Prime
Unlock the following extras by purchasing Nova Launcher Prime
• Gestures - Swipe, pinch, double tap and more on the home screen to open your favorite apps
• Unread Counts - Never miss a message. Unread count badges for Hangouts, SMS, Gmail and more using the TeslaUnread plugin
• Custom Drawer Groups - Create new tabs or folders in the app drawer
• Hide Apps - Keep a clean app drawer by hiding never used apps
• Icon Swipes - Set custom actions for swiping on app shortcuts or folders
• More scroll effects - Such as Wipe, Accordion, and Throw
Nova Launcher Prime acts as a license to unlock these features in the free Nova Launcher App. You will need to install Nova Launcher first.
Speed up your device with Smart Launcher 3. The innovative launcher that makes your Android more intuitive and well organized. Find out why it has been downloaded by over twenty million people.
Smart Launcher 3 is completely different from any other launcher on Play Store. It's not based on the AOSP launcher.
- Low resource requirements, save RAM and battery
- Material design
- Quick access to your favourite apps
- Double tap on an icon to start a second app
- Your apps list is automatically sorted by categories
- Search bar for quick search in apps, contacts and web
- Notifications on homescreen
- Turn off the screen with a double tap or just by leaving your device on a flat surface
- Integrated lockscreen with notifications
- Highly personalizable. Tons of themes and lockscreen, support for almost all iconpack
- Plugin architecture. You can download and enable only the features you want
- Security: You can hide apps from the apps grid and protect them with password
- Optimized to be comfortably used both in portrait and landscape mode
- Runs on almost every Android device. Runs on phone, tablet and Google TV
- Community driven development
Join the community, became a beta tester
Watch our story
Next Launcher 3D Shell shows you how 3D dynamic effects and highly customizable Android home screen replacement app could redefine your Android device. Time to get rid of the flat traditional launcher and embrace REAL 3D Launcher! You deserve it!
Claim Your Next Launcher 3D Shell Right NOW!
Join millions of users for ultimate and splendid operation experience and visual enjoyment!
“One of the most heavily customizable, fluid, and striking launchers we’ve ever seen here at Redmond Pie.” - Redmond Pie
“A gorgeous app packed with dynamic effects and 3D elements. The gratifying 3D visual elements, transition effects, and gestures will get you a different and brilliant visual enjoyment and operation experience.” - Topapps
“The launcher features crazy 3D effects, turning any device you own into a futuristic Tron-centric trip. With additional themes and custom widgets downloadable from Google Play, it’s an extensive and extremely comprehensive option for someone looking to spice up their device.” - Droid-life
■ Key Features
- Extremely fancy 3D effect with buttery smooth experience
- Real 3D Home Screen Transition Effects (Crystal, Cloth, Folding and more coming soon)
- Stunning 3D screen preview with dazzling animation of screen switching
- Build unique icon style by changing its size, angle, style and label (Icon Editor)
- Combine all good parts from different themes into a single theme you really love (Theme Mix Mode)
- Efficient and powerful batch apps management with gestures
- Up to 8 different gestures available in home screen and app drawer
- See how cool your phone could be by blowing all the icons and the widgets to air space (Floating Mode)
- Enhanced shining border effects for home screen transition
- Up to 7 rows on dock to shortcut all your favorites
- Keep releasing 3D Next widgets, 3D themes and live wallpapers special designed by GO Launcher Dev Team
1. Why I have to set Next Launcher as default home screen replacement each time after some devices restarted?
A bug in Android system 4.1.x causes the problem. If you happen to encounter this issue, please download Next Launcher Patchin Google Play and follow the tutorials to fix it.
2. How to avoid home screen elements loading problem?
Please do not install Next Launcher 3D into your SDcard. It will help avoiding home screen elements loading problem due to SDcard loading delay if you restart your phone or remove SDCard.
3. How to use icons in GO Launcher themes?
Install a Go Launcher theme -> Click “Next Key”- > Click "Theme Mix" -> Click the shining desktop elements -> Find the GO Launcher theme and apply it.
If you couldn’t apply some themes, please send themes name and your Next Launcher version to email@example.com. We will follow us ASAP.
We strive to become better than we are, providing the best Android home screen replacement for you! Thanks for your support!
More tips: http://www.goforandroid.com/GDTEn/faq.aspx?softid=55&nav=99
■ Follow Us
■ Contact Us
• Powerful drawer customizations (unlimited drawer tabs, folders in drawer)
• Unread count notifications (provided by the free Apex Notifier extension)
• Dock swipe actions (swipe up and down actions)
• More gesture options (two-finger gestures)
• Additional transition effects (accordion, cross, etc.)
• Flexible theme options (ADW, LauncherPro, Go Launcher themes)
• Enhanced folder support (batch add, merge folders)
• Advanced widget options (widgets in dock, overlapping widgets)
• More features on the way!
This app unlocks premium features in Apex Launcher. You must have the latest version of Apex Launcher (free) installed on your device. This app just acts as a license key to unlock the pro features.
After installing this app, please restart Apex Launcher (Apex settings > Restart Apex Launcher) and you should be running Apex Launcher Pro.
This app only works with official Apex Launcher releases. If you have trouble activating the pro version, please email us your Google order information for support.
GO Launcher 5 has arrived! Its UI and UX has been recreated from bottom to top. Enjoy simple and intelligent new mobile experience, or start customizing the looking and feel in your own way.
Download GO Launcher EX first to enjoy 10,000+ personalized themes, fancy transition animations and experience the super speedy and smooth operation provided by powerful 3D core!
Sincerely invite you to join GO Launcher Alpha & Beta Program. Make Your Comment. Make A Difference.
With GO Launcher Prime, with enhanced power to redefine your phone and make a difference of it.
■ GO Launcher Prime Unlocks all the prime features
☆ Remove Ads to ensure pure & clean user interface
☆ 6+ Transition animations to show off & wow your friends
3D transition: cloth, crystal, snake; crossfade, fly-in, curve, page turn
☆ Security lock to lock apps & protect privacy
☆ Wallpaper filters enable you to transform every moment into arts
☆ Side dock to switch between running tasks
☆ More gestures to quickly access to apps, contacts, settings
Swipe up, rotate CCW, and rotate CW
☆ More is coming
1. Please install the free version GO Launcher EX first to use GO Launcher Prime.
2. For download issues or Play Store errors such as Error 941, please contact Google at
3. For more details:
Google+ Community: https://plus.google.com/communities/105697161638224913835
1.Fantastic animation transition effects. All operations, including deletion, addition, menu showing-up or vanishing, are provided with natural, glaring and butter-smooth animation transition effects.
2.Miraculous and effective 3D home screen switching mode and freewheeling home screen element layout mode. More than 10 independent layout home screens supported.
3.Unlimited dock bar. Ability to change its position, length and angle as well as to modify the size and the status (hidden or showed) of icons and folders in the dock bar. You can open the apps and the folders in the dock bar with wave-sliding mode.
4.Batch icon selecting for home screens, folders and dock bar.
5.More than 10 TSF Launcher exclusive widgets, such as Message, Clock, Weather, Memo, Music, Gallery etc. All 3D widgets provide unique visual and operative experience.
6.More than 9 gestures supported for Android shortcuts, e.g. app launching, phone call, sms, as well as TSF Launcher shortcuts, e.g. home screen switching, status bar hiding, TSF Launcher side bar hiding.
7.TSF Launcher Arch Shortcut Menu with special animation effects and operative experience. Ability to complete quick custom shortcut operations on any home screen.
8.Pioneering icon editing tool. Ability to customize icon back image, upon image, text label style, etc.
9.Many nice free third-party themes are available.
10.Funny and intuitive TSF Launcher settings menu. You can preview the corresponding settings directly.
We are working constantly to improve TSF Launcher. We update our product and widgets regularly. Please check for updates often to insure you receive the best experience.
■ Follow Us
■ Contact Us
We welcome any comments or suggestions to improve our product.
★★★ Featured by Engadget, Google Play, Lifehacker, MKBHD and Leo Laporte on TWiT ★★★
★★★ "Action Launcher is something special." - Android Police ★★★
★★★ "Action Launcher brings something new to the table, and it's definitely worth a look." - Android Central ★★★
Action Launcher Pro unlocks the full feature set of Action Launcher. Upgrades include:
• 1-Swipe: access the Quickdrawer and Quickpage from any app on your device, whether Action Launcher is running or not.
• Use icon packs
• Change the icon scale
• Change individual icons
• Hide apps from the Quickdrawer
• Use Shutters in a folder
• Change the widget used in a Shutter
• Change the Quickdrawer and Quickpage backgrounds
• Remove the upgrade incentives throughout the app
• Access to future features such as displaying the unread/notification count
Note: If you buy Action Launcher 2: Pro by mistake but want to upgrade to Action Launcher 3 Plus instead, buy the Plus upgrade in Action Launcher 3 with the same account as you bought Action Launcher 2: Pro with, then email firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of "Action 2 refund". Note: refunds that meet this criteria won't be processed instantly, but the refund will occur.
★More energy efficient and powerful functional.
★you can use all themes.
★Experience all features of the launcher 8.
★Support the wp8.1 tiles layout.
Bored with Android’s user interface? Want to try a new style?
Launcher 8 is an excellent app for you to experience the Wins phone -style UI on your Android devices. Launcher 8 will make your Android phone look like a Windows phone?
With this fast, clean launcher 8, you can customize personalized Wins phone 8 layout for your Android phone. Just surprise your friend with the new desktop on your android phone! Also, don’t forget to share your wonderful themes designed by yourself after learning how to use this Launcher 8, may be your theme will loved by all of us!
If you have any questions about Launcher 8, just feel free to let us know. Please contact us via Email.
-You can add tiles with different size
-You can add tiles with variety of colors
- You can save and restore the theme.
- You can edit the start screen layout.
- You can set the current background style.
- You can switch the style of the application list
- You can add Android widgets in the tiles.
- You can set the wp8 style lock screen and status bar.
- You can select countless theme colors.
- You can add special features tiles, like time, LED light, Live Gallery and Live contact.
- Change tiles from 4 rows to 6 rows for big screens. (Just support Launcher 8 Pro)
- Single contact avatar animation tile. (just support the Launcher 8 Pro version)
1 The live contact needs to read the contact data (Avatar) access permission;
2 Direct dial call shortcut need the CALL PHONE permission;
3 Direct send text message shortcut need Send Message permission.
4 Download the themes need access the network permission.
5 The LED Light need access the Camera permission.
The notification feature requires manual activation . After activating this service, please return to the Launcher 8 Settings > Status bar > Notification app > Open the switch if you need to message notification on the app(eg: Facebook).
How to activation all app notification:
1.On Launcher 8 home screen, click Menu, click "Settings" - "Status bar" - "Notifications active" - turn on ;
2.Then will go to "Accessibility" - "Services" - "Launcher 8 statusbar notification active" - Activation it.
3.Back to the Status bar setting, enable App Notifications, And make sure the apps running at background , also you can view our video.
How to remove the notification icons and number:
Please click tile to remove the WP8 lock screen and tiles notifications , eg Whatsapp/Facebook tiles.
Our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/launcher8
No other launcher can compete with Lightning when it comes to customizability. Have a look at the full list of features and you will be convinced ;-)
And if an extreme customizability were not enough, Lightning is also very light on memory and a blazing fast launcher. It works like a charm on all phones and tablets, from Android 2.2 up to newest Android versions.
Under the hood, Lightning is propelled by a powerful and unique engine allowing you to arrange your apps and widgets using the best possible flexibility and style.
• It doesn't matter whether you want your icons to be nicely aligned on a grid, or pixel perfect positioned, or even scaled/ rotated/skewed in all directions: Lightning does it all with ease.
• It doesn't matter whether you need a single page, five, or half a million with different setups for work, private use and children: Lightning offers an unrivaled way to manage your precious screen estate.
• It doesn't matter whether your device is one of these beloved pioneer Android phones or if you run the latest and greatest flagship: Lightning doesn't waste CPU nor memory; the app strives to remain light and fast for everyone.
With its wide range of features, Lightning perfectly copes with all kind of home screens: classic, minimalist, gesture based, with side bars or moveable panels,... Lightning doesn't limit you to a particular scheme: it aims to free your creativity instead. Essentially, this home screen can do everything you can imagine.
Key Features (not an exhaustive list):
• Highly customizable desktop: change font, size, color, wallpaper, grid lines, folder options, status/navigation bar colors, layouts, scrolling & zooming options, events, actions, gestures, pretty much everything.
• Unique limitless desktop: a desktop is a surface growing as needed, in all directions. Move an icon to the right or left and a new page will be automatically created. And it works for pages above and below too! This means as much space as needed for your apps, and also a much more efficient navigation.
• As many desktops as needed: one for private, work, party, kids, etc. Add, remove and re-arrange desktops at will, each desktop being an independent and unlimited setup.
• Combined grid and free positioning: use the grid to easily align apps, use free positioning to adjust the size, position and rotation of any item (including widgets).
• Pinned items: prevent any item from moving when scrolling your pages. This is handy to create docked elements anywhere on the screen, and more.
• And lots more: enhanced app drawer, panels, Tasker integration, Lock screen, etc. Please visit the developers homepage for detailed feature list, manual and how to’s.
Things to be aware of (please read this notice):
• With its wide set of options and switches, Lightning has a learning curve. But isn't that a small price to pay to get the most exciting and unique home screen ;-) Join the user community to get tips and tricks!
• Problem setting Lightning the default launcher on Jelly Bean? Please install this free app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.kunes.android.launcher.loader
Lightning is in constant evolution thanks to a continuous and incredible user feedback (first release in August 2011). All comments, suggestions and bug reports are welcome. Please email your questions and bug reports to Pierre Hébert - email@example.com, or join the Lightning Launcher Community at https://plus.google.com/communities/111427002111904170930.
Full ChangeLog: http://www.pierrox.net/cmsms/applications/lightning-launcher/change-log.html
By purchasing, you contribute to the development of KK Launcher and it will give you new features and updates.
This is NOT a standalone app! This is a license key for KK Launcher
KK Launcher is the BEST highly customizable, Lollipop & KitKat style home replacement, support Android 4.0+ devices.
■ KK Launcher Prime features:
+ More gesture: Double tap to turn off screen, Swipe up, Pinch in, Pinch Out, etc
+ Super folder: Click to open app, swipe up to open folder
+ Transparent Status Bar Clone
+ Drawer folder
+ Drawer with A-Z side bar
+ More Drawer and Desktop transition effect
+ 1*1 widgets on dock
+ Dock icon gesture
+ Bulk add for folder
+ More Unread Counts/Notifier
+ Folder background option
+ Sidebar background option
You need to install KK Launcher (Free) on your device, Click here to install KK Launcher
❤ If you like this KK Launcher, please help to spread the word, and press g+1 to support app development, thanks
Or even you, if you hate millions of icons.
BIG Launcher makes the smartphone suitable for seniors, children, and people with eye diseases, motor problems or the legally blind. Visually impaired and technically challenged users can use the simple and easy-to-read interface with ease. There is no fear of making a mistake and losing everything with stress-free navigation. And it also features the SOS button which can save lives!
✮ Your new home screen
The BIG Launcher replaces the user interface of any phone or tablet with Android 2.1 or higher. It is designed in consideration with seniors and the visually impaired to provide maximum readability and easy use.
✮ Enlarged icons
Large buttons are easy to use - they are controlled by single touches, leaving no room for errors.
✮ Easy to use phone
Access all the functions of the phone via a simple interface. No confusion, no complications. Large texts and color coded icons help you to easily distinguish between items.
✮ Well-arranged call history
Quickly access favorite contacts from the menu or by putting them directly on a home screen. Browse through the call history and easily call back or reply with a message.
✮ Big font SMS editor
SMS messages are sorted by conversations. Large font and color coding is used to display the message thread. Reply easily to any message with the easy to use SMS editor. Writing a message has never been simpler.
✮ Full screen notifications
Optional full screen SMS notifications allows you to rapidly call back or reply to the message.
✮ Quickly run all your apps
Use big shortcuts for your most used applications or find them quickly in the app list with instant search. Recently used apps are at the top of the list. Shortcuts like web bookmarks can also be placed on the home screen.
✮ Hide unwanted apps
Hide the apps you don’t want to use to keep your app list clean. Useful for restricting access to those off-limit apps as parental controls or to protect users from getting lost in the navigation.
✮ 100% accessible
High contrast color schemes and three different font sizes allow you to use your phone without glasses. Additional color themes are available for download. Extended support for Talkback screen reader allows legally blind users to use their phone with ease and confidence.
✮ For elderly or kids
Older people love the big battery and signal indicators, direct dialing of their favorite contacts and the SOS button with geolocation for the cases of emergency. Kids appreciate colorful backgrounds.
✮ Password protection
Full screen mode and password protection prevent the users from getting lost or from deleting something important from the phone. This creates a completely safe mobile environment.
✮ Choose the features...
Customize BIG Launcher easily to match your needs - set up an unlimited number of screens with apps, contacts, shortcuts or widgets. Swipe between them or use the buttons to group related functions.
✮ ...and pick a theme
You can choose from many downloadable visual themes and icon packs to customize your phone. Also, every screen can have a different background.
BIG Launcher is available in the following languages:
العربية, english, bahasa melayu, bahasa indonesia, български, česky, dansk, deutsch, ελληνικά, español, eesti, français, hrvatski, עברית, 한국어, हिन्दी, italiano, magyar, nederlands, 日本語, norsk, português, português brasileiro, polski, русский, română, slovenčina, slovenščina, suomi, svenska, ภาษาไทย, tiếng việt, türkçe, 中文（简体字, 簡體字）, ئۇيغۇرچه.
✮ ✮ ✮
This app requires a permission to read the phone status and identity because of the SMS/MMS functions. For more information about required permissions, please see http://j.mp/BLperm
✮ Now includes really big dialer! Great as a senior phone! Also works perfectly on e-ink devices. ✮
Still in development, update will available weekly as user request :)
You can send request with few click and your missing icon will be themed !
▪ APEX compatible
▪ ADW compatible
▪ Action Launcher Pro compatible
▪ ATOM compatible
▪ SMART Launcher compatible
▪ NOVA Launcher compatible
▪ HOLO Launcher compatible
▪ LIGHTNING Launcher compatible
ALMOST LAUNCHER AVAILABLE AROUND HERE !
IMPORTANT: This is just a license key to unlock the Plus features in Holo Launcher. You must have Holo Launcher 1.1.0+ (free) or Holo Launcher HD installed on your device.
* Unlimited configurable drawer tabs
* Unread count notifications for call, sms, gmail and K-9 mail
* Customizable notification badge color
* More desktop gestures: Pinch in/out, Two Finger Swipe and Double-tap
* Dock icon Swipe up/down gestures
* Support Go Launcher icon pack
* More transition effects
* Widgets overlapping
* 1x1 widgets in dock
* Other enhancement and customization options.
After installing this app, please restart Holo Launcher (Launcher settings > Restart Launcher) and you should be running Holo Launcher Plus.
Installation in classical mode :
Press menu on your desktop - > Themes - > Phone -> Select theme Contrastum.
Installation in 3D mode :
Switch Next Launcher to 3D mode -> click desktop menu -> select Themes - > Phone -> Select theme Contrastum.
Installation clock widget :
-Go to the system widgets
-Scroll down the list and drag Contrastum Clock widget on the desktop
1.If you don't see the theme, then after installation you must first apply the standard theme of the Next Launcher.
After that, the theme appears in the selection of themes.
2 . If you don't correctly display a preview of desktops in a 3D mode, you need to dump settings of a launcher in a state by default (it is possible to make it in settings of a launcher, tab backup) and then to apply a theme.
3. If you do not appear circular substrate below the icons in the 3D mode, you need to clean NextLauncher_Data folder in the phone memory or on a flash card, as well as reboot your device.
next launcher theme zt.art
If you have any questions, please write to me in English to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pro Version Unlocks:
★Custom Search Text (Look at screenshots)
★Ability to hide app label in favorites bar
★More Page Transition Animations
★Vertical Page Transitions
★More Home Pages
★Custom Sidebar Theme
★Multiple other Sidebar Settings
★Ability to include Hidden Apps in Search Results
★More Folder Icon Styles
★Folder Color Options
★Other Cool Features
Contacts: this permission is used only for the purpose to allow for searching contacts from the searchbar when the search contacts option is enabled
Phone: this permission allows for direct dial shortcuts to work within the launcher
Photos/Media/Files: permissions in this category allow for the ability to create/overwrite backups from advanced settings and to save images from within the built in browser
Other: permissions in this category allow for the app to access the internet exclusively for the built in browser, control vibration for long presses, and to expand/collapse the status bar for the use of certain gestures/shortcuts
Google Plus Lucidity Beta group:
* ColdfusTion style in just one installation!
* Recent Apps from the left bezel
* Quick access to Google Now. (Triple tap anywhere)
* Quick and smooth animations
* Live clock and date triggers
* Swipe in from the left bezel for running apps
* App draw in one list
* Hide your notifications tray
* Customisable menus for easy access to your most used apps
* Use any image you like for your icons!
* Dynamic resizing/dragging for widgets
* Stylish options menu
* 12-24 hour time toggle
Watch the promo video to see for yourself just what a stunning launcher this is!
Note: Works great with Multi-Picture Live Wallpaper!
When headphone is inserted, this widget can toggle your headset audio off, to have the sound come out of your built-in speaker or even connected bluetooth.
An indicator dot tells you if sound is going to come through the headphones when there's media sound playing.
Free with no ads
Branch of https://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/ for personal use, with bug fixes...
Removed call detection features and on-boot settings. Supports both headphones and headsets. Playing music to bluetooth when headphone/headset plugged in is now possible.
This app just tells Android to pretend as if the headphone is not plugged in even though it is.
Icon with Android asset studio + Tango icon theme + GIMP
If headphone/headset is plugged in with bluetooth A2DP attachment, the volume control might be either bluetooth media or the ordinary media audiostream. That's Android getting confused about where the music is actually being played, because this app pulls the rug from underneath it.
If you have a HTC device with a self-toggling headphone jack, the widget will be updating itself too much.
The way this app works results in conditional unpredictable behavior, particularly with phone calls. Hence, this app is alpha and will stay that way.
Should probably merge this into another app someday, but for now it's useful for various things...
HDMI not tested, don't have the equipment
* * *
A review indicates that this allows the use of the integrated speakers with 1seg (ワンセグ) on the KDDI HTC J One.
To use this, just add 'Blank' from the new widget dialog.
Not intended for use on Android 5.x. Will cause boot-loops on Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus 5.
★ Featured on Android Police, CNET, Droid-Life
First go to the app's left swipe-in menu by choosing 'Deactivate'. Or uncheck the app from the 'Device Administrator' list under 'Security' in your 'Settings' application. This allows you to uninstall.
# Android 4.4+
Lockscreen Policy is at end-of-life and is no longer expected to work consistently across all devices, because of various changes in KitKat by Google and device manufacturers. Thanks for supporting Lockscreen Policy!
NOT USEFUL on Samsung TouchWiz devices. From version 1.3.2, the app will ask the user to uninstall when run.Tip: Use a third-party SMS app to hide SMS on the lockscreen. Uncheck 'Multiple Widgets' in 'Lock screen' system setting to turn off 3rd party lockscreen widgets.
Disables the camera widget in stock Android (Nexus/GPE). Leave this setting in 'ON' position if you do not have a lockscreen camera widget.
# Android 4.2.x
Known issue under 4.2.2 with widgets disabled:
With widgets disabled, the default clock widget toggles between the bold and the non-bold hour clock every other unlock.
If your device is rooted, use clock hack to get the device to consistently show the non-bold hour clock. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I had no control over this. This issue is fixed in Android 4.3.
If you do not re-root your device after updating to Android 4.3, it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED you undo the clock hack before proceeding, or you will have no way of restoring the stock digital clock widget on your device.
1) Run application
2) Make selections, and press activate
3) In the 'Activate device administrator' screen, choose 'Activate'
4) Turn off undesired features using the toggle switches. Changes are made instantly. Make sure your lockscreen is enabled to see the results.
# Hide App Icon from Launcher
If you enable this feature, you can undo this by adding a desktop 'Shortcut' (identified as a 'Widget' on some Launcher) to reopen the app to revert.
#Clock Hack for Rooted devices:
For users running Google firmware, you can now disable the bold-hour lockscreen clock with 'Clock Hack', accessible via the action bar menu even with widgets disabled in the lockscreen.
To undo or revert this, simply rerun 'Clock Hack'. You will additionally have to manually remove the clock widget and readd the desired one for changes to take effect if your lockscreen widgets are on. Note that this setting persists even if you deactivate or uninstall this application. (Can take a couple of screen locks/unlocks to take effect)
There are several downsides to using this hack. You will also lose access to the same widget from your homescreen. This alternate clock also will not launch the alarm app on click, nor does it display your world clocks.
On Android 4.3, to restore the bold hour clock widget, you may need to manually readd the widget by first removing the non-bold hour fallback clock widget.
# Caveats when disabling widgets on Android 4.2
Enabling this will force the lockscreen to use a 'default fallback widget'. On Google builds, the default is the stock DeskClock digital clock widget (with bold-hour style). This behavior cannot be changed.
The bold hour clock only affects official Google builds, and is part of Google's proprietary firmware.
The rooted method implements the following from XDA,
The music controls will still appear as a new page when active, even with the lockscreen policies in place.
I do not collect any personal information with this completely free application.
# Additional Notes
Stericson RootTools http://code.google.com/p/roottools/
Portuguese: Thiago Oliveira
Polish: Damian Krysa
German: Philip Weber
**This app has very limited functionality past Android 2.3 because of Google's changes to Android. The only option available for most users past Android 2.3 is the trigger that turns WiFi off when toggling on airplane mode.
Different devices will have different behavior, as I do not have the resources to test this workaround on every device. **
If you hate it when your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth get disabled by turning on airplane mode, here your fix!
Perfect for turning an old smartphone into a dedicated MP3 player or PDA. Just take out the SIM, use this app, and leave the phone in airplane mode.
Completely free with no ads
Once the settings in this app have been applied you can safely remove this application - they are written to your system settings and are permanent until a factory reset.
May not work on all devices!
Some manufacturers have locked down some of these settings, rending this application useless in some cases. I have no way around this, nor can I tell which devices specifically with which firmwares do not support the functionality in this app, unfortunately.
Known not to work in Android 4.2 because Google has made airplane mode settings 'read-only' when accessing them from third-party apps.
# Permissions used
* write system settings - that's what this app does...
# How to use this app
Choose the options you want enabled or disabled in this application. Your changes will take place immediately.
You can view the changes in Android's settings application, typically under 'Wireless Settings'. Wireless settings can be launched directly from the bottom item in this application for your convenience.
Example Use Case 1:
Allow toggling of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth when airplane mode is enabled, but still have airplane mode toggle Wi-Fi and Bluetooth off ->
on, on, on, on
Example Use Case 2:
Make Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggling independent of airplane mode ->
off, off, on, on
Example Use Case 3:
Don't let Wi-Fi and Bluetooth toggle when airplane mode is enabled, and toggle them off when airplane mode is enabled ->
on, on, off, off
When launching wireless settings, your changes may not be visible right away. In this case, hit the 'Back' button on the device or kill the 'Settings' app with a task killer. Your changes will be reflected upon a new restart of the wireless settings task.
# What this does
When airplane mode is enabled, the default behavior is to disable the 'radios' on the device. That would include your cell radio, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
A good app to go with your backup Android device to reduce extend battery life.
Using hidden functionality built into Android, this application does one of two things:
1) Prevent airplane mode from toggling your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth radios.
(This also has the effect of allowing your Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to stay on after reboots when airplane mode has been enabled.)
2) Allow Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to be toggled when airplane mode is enabled.
(No longer possible past Android 4.0)
# More Notes
Your settings should persist after you reboot your device. Feel free to remove this application to free up some space when you are done with it.
The default manufacturer setting varies depending on the device. As a result, this app may not prove to be of use to every device.
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, flight mode, system tool
Free with no ads whatsoever, no need for internet access.
Root access required for Android 4.2 and up.
Choose a font scaling size between 55% and 145% (increments of 15%). The effect of this may be limited depending on your firmware. It is not recommended to choose a size larger than 130%.
For reference, the Android AOSP 'Huge' font size setting is 130%. Stock Android selectable settings are: 85% (tiny), 100% (normal), 115% (large), and 130% (huge).
Some manufacturers have removed this from their firmware because of limited system support. Examples of this include all implementations of HTC Sense 3.6 on the EVO 3D, Android 4.0 on the Samsung Galaxy Note.
If you happen to have a HTC phone, you may not notice a difference in your stock launcher and settings, because HTC broke this functionality in their some of their Android builds.
Compatible for Android 4.0+
Requested to make changes to system settings, nothing more.
For some applications to update the chat font size, you may need to close the application and run it again for changes to be applied.
On Android 4.2 and up, FontUp will try to obtain root access on first load, and will take longer to start than usual as a result.
On newer versions of Android, this requires context switching support from the su binary, supported from SuperSU 1.97 and up. Tested by a friend on Android 5 Lolipop.
Makes use of RootTools from http://code.google.com/p/roottools/
Change and set font and text size
Once the app is installed, press the PIP button on your remote once. You will then be asked to complete the action using PIP to Notifications. You may choose 'Use by default' to always perform this action. If you do so, you will no longer have access to PIP even from the built-in TV app.
Tested on Sony Google TV NSZ-GS7 with Android 3.2. Not suitable for higher versions of Android. May or may not work on other Google TV devices.
Also takes over the PIP shortcut from the built-in TV app itself. To workaround this, this app adds a shortcut in your Launcher called 'PIP/TV' which opens PIP directly.
Free, opensource APL2 project: https://github.com/chislon/GTVPIPButtonOverride/
Reversing the changes:
To revert to original settings, go to Device Settings->Applications->PIP to Notifications, and clear defaults, or simply uninstall the application.
This overrides the call button long-press action, such as Voice Dialer, with a task that has minimal overhead.
Should also work for bluetooth headsets.
Completely free with no ads.
1) Perform a long-press of the call button
2) In the 'Complete action using' dialog, check the 'Use by default for this action' checkbox, and select '! No Long-Press Call'
3) Your call long-press should now effectively do nothing.
Includes a long-press call button manager.
In technical terms, this overrides the intent action for 'VOICE_COMMAND'. If this intent is not triggered when you perform a long-press of the search button, this application does nothing for you.
This application is useless on the following devices:
* Other devices that do not broadcast the intent for 'VOICE_COMMAND'
* Devices without a call button
Used to clear default actions for Android 2.1 and below. Does nothing for Android 2.2 and up.
I had trouble getting this to work in the Android 3.x and 4.x emulators. The Android API documentation does not tell me that the intent would be disabled in those versions of Android, so I have elected to allow for these users to download this application even though it may be untested for their devices. Please report back to me if you find that it does not work on your device.
Tested for Android 1.6-2.3.
Voice dialer, long-press call