Write offers both a minimalist writing interface that allows you to focus on what you are currently writing and a proper Android 4.0+ style interface for managing your notes/journal entries.
It has the features which should be in an Android text editor: clean interface, word count, proper Android appearance and searching your notes.
It is one of CNET's "Best Android notepad apps for students".
✔ Fullscreen mode
When you want to focus you can hide the action bar and go to the fullscreen mode. In this mode you will see just your writing (and the onscreen keyboard if you are using it). There is an additional fullscreen view mode, where you can read text with editing disabled.
✔ Automatic Saving
Notes save when you go back to the main screen, when you switch to another App or go to the Home Screen.
✔ Markdown Support
Markdown is a way of adding formatting to plain text and additional features such as HTML links. Write optionally (activate via the settings menu) treats your notes as Markdown and (in Android 4.0+) highlights some of the major elements such as titles while editing.
✔ Word and Character count
So you can keep track of how much you've written. View statistics via the menu.
✔ Quickly create new versions of notes
You can create a copy of a note at the tap of a button. And delete notes (after confirmation) quickly.
You can export notes in HTML format to your external storage/SD card (ideal if you want to edit them in Word/Pages/OpenOffice Writer).
✔ Easy note/journal entry management
Notes are ordered by standard last-edited-first order and with a tap of your left thumb you can filter by date. In the latest version you can also order by creation date (Journal style). You can also do a text search to locate particular notes/entries.
✔ (Bluetooth) Keyboards
Keyboards work really well with Write. With a physical keyboard the fullscreen mode really is fullscreen (or as close as Android allows). Keyboard shortcuts for common actions.
✔ Onscreen keyboard
Auto-correct is enabled (with a physical keyboard it is disabled) for more accurate writing.
Using Android's share feature Write is ideal for the preparation of blog entries, emails or other text. Just tap on share to send it to many applications (most Android Apps support the standard text sharing mechanism used).
An additional manual spell check option (and auto-correction-off option) is available for Android 4.0+ (the spell check depends on Android 4.0+).
✔ Android L Support
I'm planning on updating this to properly use Android L on compatible devices (the new version of Android which will probably be released around October 2014) on or soon after launch.
If you are a Dropbox user checkout Write Notebook as this offers full background sync, support for phones and a new interface.
Step by step, this method helps you define your subject, organize your story outline and its various elements while at the same time letting your imagination roam freely.
* Expert designed lessons on the main principle of writing
* Over 35 exercises related to your story including tips and help
* Full word processing software
* PDF export
* Spell checker
* Smart chapter navigator
* Summary note
* Character and set cards, and many other tools
* Extremely user friendly
This app is compatible with NovelWriter for PC and Mac.
If you need help or found issues, please contact us by email for faster answer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Next features available soon :
* drag and drop of scenes and chapters
* save file on dropbox or googledrive
* issues with text entry when renaming documents
* no translations yet
Please email email@example.com with any other issues encountered and be sure to include "Write Beta" in the subject line.
Major changes from Write 1.9.5
* unified Android and Desktop versions with touch-friendly, DPI-aware UI
* built-in file manager with document thumbnails and cut/copy/paste functionality for basic document management
* drag-and-drop customization of toolbars
* vector icons that remain sharp at any resolution
* dark, light, native UI themes available
* opening and saving documents is now 5 - 10x faster
* thumbnails now embedded in document files
* new touch-friendly color selection dialog
* support JPEG compression for inserted images
* better support for pen and touch input on UI elements
* improved support for Wacom graphics tablets
* Ctrl+Mouse wheel zooming
* pinch-zoom now snaps to page width/height
* added ability to move pages within document
* fullscreen view option (supports immersive mode on Android 4.4+)
* option for scroll handle to always remain visible
* optional combined menu for erase, select, and insert space tools
* show preview in Custom Pen dialog; pen size can be adjusted by dragging left or right on preview
* simplified Selection Properties/Create Link dialog
* always detect external modification of document
* improved handling of corrupted and truncated documents
* always generate PDFs at 150 DPI
* fix bug allowing recent documents menu to grow without limit
* fix bug causing premature loading of pages
* fix bug saving documents containing apostrophe in name
* stroke smoothing with configurable strength
* improved behavior of ruled eraser and ruled selection with strokes spanning multiple lines
* ruled selection background now matches actual selection area
* strokes reflowed to next line now start at same position as previous first stroke on line
* bottom right selection resize handle now preserves aspect ratio