Wots (Word on the Street) is an app that let's you report issues directly to the police department. When you call in an issue to the police department, Information is second or even third hand by the time the responding officer receives the complaint. Wots sends issues directly to available responding law enforcement officers, by pinpionting the precise location of the issue and allowing you to give pictures and detailed descriptions. Moreover Wots let's you know when the officer is on the way and when the issue has been closed. Currently available only in Jersey City, NJ.
- Users can report quality of life, crime and traffic and parking issues
- Issues are pinpointed to either an address or a precise GPS location
- Users can upload images and supply additional information to help officers locate and resolve issues
- Users are automatically directed to call 911 if for issues that require emergency response
- Responding law enforcement officials can reach out directly when they need more information
- A full issue history is available at any time
- Information sent by you to law enforcement cannot be seen by anyone outside of law enforcement