☆ Swipe for faster browsing
☆ Optional navigation with volume-buttons
☆ View and download attached media files
☆ Cache articles and images locally
☆ Share URLs
☆ Easily mark things as read, starred or publish/comment them
☆ SSL with self-signed certificates
☆ Fast JSON-Parsing with stream-based parser GSON
☆ Scheduled updates via Tasker/Locale
☆ Layout optimized for tablets
☆ Dark and light themes available
☆ many more, Changelog and Feature-List can be found on the project-page...
You need to enable the API for the user-account in the user-preferences.
• "modify/delete SD card contents": Download of attached media files, ImageCache.
• "full Internet access": Connection to your Server.
• "view network state": Check for mobile network/wifi.
• "control vibrator": Vibrate when last article is reached.
• "wake lock": Keep CPU running, necessary for the ImageCache.
Q: Why can't I update this app ("Signature incorrect" error)?
A: Remove the application and install it again. Sorry about that but it's the only way. And not my fault. Someone included this app in a custom android build on your device or you installed it from a third-party-source and it isn't signed with my key, so there is no way you can update it.
Q: When I switch to offline-mode, how do I know when the caching is done?
A: There is no caching. The only difference to normal mode is that no connectivity is necessary and changes are stored locally. When switching to online again the spinning indicator should show while changes are uploaded. Caching occurs only when starting the app (everything except images) or the ImageCache is started (everything).
Q: Why don't articles appear as "read" when I did read them on my PC?
A: Most of the time this is no problem at all. But. There is simply no way to get this information from the Server-API. I have to guess how many articles could have been read since the last update of the local data and would probably transmit much more data then necessary in the end. So it *can* happen. But mostly it doesn't.
Please feel free to contact me via mail or on the project-page, I am happy to receive bug-reports, feature-requests, donations or (of course) also critique.
Plash brings you the latest news from multiple newspapers, magazines and blogs and formats them for easy reading, crafting a beautiful reading experience. Pick your interests across 200 categories that we have curated from over 60 regional, national and international publications, covering 9 languages; just for you!
Get started by signing in and select categories and magazines based on your interests; your personalized experience on Plash begins! As you begin reading articles, our complex algorithms analyse your reading behaviour to tailor news that is more relevant for you. We get rid of the noise from all the information overload and ensure you never miss any topics of interest. The more time you spend on Plash, the smarter it gets in recommending reads based on your preference.
Plash allows you to connect your Facebook account. This not only allows you to enjoy Plash on other mobile devices, but also share and follow your friend’s activities on Plash. We have created an innovative, two-way, interest curation feature where you can filter out all the noise generated from social media. Choose to follow specific categories and interests of friends, family, journalists and celebrity personalities on Plash; we create a separate feed for you to follow activities like reads, likes or shares from your network.
• News in your language of choice: Read news in 9 Indian languages including English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Gujarati.
• Follow categories curated by us: Pick and choose from over 200 categories that we have curated from more than 60 regional, national and international publications.
• Curate your network interests: Follow specific categories and interests of friends, family, journalists and celebrity personalities; whenever they discover a great new article, so will you.
• Search for just about anything: Find articles of interest by publications, topics, blogs, authors and people. Simply tap on the “+” button against a search result and create your own custom category.
• Finding new interests: Our “Trending” news category helps you discover new articles beyond your interests. Stay updated with the best of everything happening around the world as it happens.
• Read stories picked by our team in the “Editor’s Pick” and "Recommended Reads" category including must read stories of the day.
• Save and bookmark any article to read later when data connection is intermittent.c
• Comment, like and share what you discover with your friends on Facebook and Plash.
• Content partners: India Today, Headlines Today,Oneindia.in, Dainik Jagran, Deccan Herald, The Hans India, The New Indian Express, Merinews, AP Herald, Drive Spark, Wheels Unplugged, Techtree, Anweshanam, Dinamani, Kannada Prabha, Andhra Prabha, Thats Tamil Thats Telugu and more.
• Magazine partners: India Today, Business Today, Money Today, Prevention, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, Men's Health, Women's Health, Travel plus, Outlook, Outlook Money, Outlook Business, Outlook Traveller.
Visit our website http://www.plash.in/
Follow us on Twitter via @plashDlabs, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/PlashDigitalLabs and Linkedin at http://www.linkedin.com/company/plash-digital-labs-private-limited to stay updated on new features, publishers or magazines.
We'd love to hear from you. Please mail all your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org
It works great regardless of whether you are an individual, a blogger, or a professional marketer.
With the LikeHack app you can:
- Aggregate all the best stories from your social accounts like Facebook or Twitter to share with your audience or for personal reading
- Keep a collection of everything you have ever liked or shared for future needs
- Have quick access to stories which are available as cleared text with the offline feature
Find the best, skip the rest, keep content at your fingertips, and save time you spend scrolling through the clutter in social media!
Each screen is a smart summary of exactly one article. Swipe quickly from page to beautifully-illustrated page.
Simply tailors your top stories from thousands of articles. You can’t miss anything important with Simply – and it’s fast and fun.
You can rely on Simply’s quality and performance. Award-winning apps by the Simply design team have been ranked #1 in over 30 countries.
Simply’s top features:
- 100s of robust sources examined to deliver comprehensive news
- Many US locations tracked to assure local news
- 1,000,000 articles analyzed monthly
- Every article intelligently prioritized
- Clear, compact summaries generated automatically
- Full-story text presented in a single swipe
- Personalized, relevant news derived from your search words
- News repository stored on your device keeps you informed even when offline
Standard Simply is always free. Extensions can be purchased inside the app or can be activated for free if you recommend Simply to a friend.
Simply users are saying:
***** Great app. Good information. Easy to use.
***** Many sources, impressive summaries, cool design. Recommended.
***** Does exactly what it claims.
***** That is a great app that I use constantly.
Get more than 90 UK titles, 100 in Italy and 600+ in France at your fingertips at an outstanding discounted price thanks to our exclusive £9.99 10-mag plan! And we are working hard to add more titles, so stay tuned!
You can read at no charge an extract prior to purchase any magazine. If you like it, tap once and you get it! That's this simple and that's universal: all the mags you purchases can be read anywhere, anytime: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, Web and more!
With the phone version, you get a chance to read the latest gossips about your preferred people and get ready to shine at the coffee machine…
Main features are as follows:
— 3D customizable newsstand and 2D interactive mosaic: browse among hundreds of magazine in a snap;
— awesome discounted price: up to 70% rebatte when compared to paperback magazines!;
— in-app purchase: pay to Apple, no need to disclose you credit card information;
— on-the-fly reading: no need to wait for the entire magazine is being downloaded, read as it streams;
— offline reading: once downloaded, you don't need live internet connection to read your magazines;
— digital library: access to you mags anywhere, anytime, no matter the number of mag your library holds;
— unlimited magazine storage: what your puchase remains available 24/7;
— back issues: are available forever;
— 10-mag monthly plan: every month, read 10 UK mags for £9.99, only. You suscription can be cancelled anytime before iTunes automatically renew it every month.
With lekiosk, never miss any bits of news, ever!
Find Country File, Focus, Gardeners' World, Gardens Illustrated, History, Homes & Antiques, Junior, Knowledge, Olive, Practical Parenting & Pragnency, Sky at Night, Who do you think you are, Music, Wildlife, You & Your Wedding, Top Gear, Lonely Planet, Easy Cook, Good Food, Brides, Easy Living, Glamour, GQ, House & Garden, Tatler, CN Traveller, Vogue, Wired, The World of Interior, Auto Express, Auto Express Special, Bizarre, Computer Shopper, Custom PC, Digital SLR Photography, Evo, Fortean Times, Health & Fitness, Land Rover, Mac User, Men's Fitness, Micro Mart, Octane, PC Pro, Poker Player, The Week, Viz, Web User, Women's Fitness and much more… (Note: the list is subject to change. Check magazines availability from the application).
Never read a magazine could be so simple. Our revolutionary 3D newsstand makes it that easy to pick and read! Roll among categories, and tap on a cover..
Purchase your mag in one tap and find it downloaded in your library, no need to wait to read with our exclusive streaming technology.
Plan a trip? Download the magazines you want before leaving, and read offline with no internet connection.