Whether you’re a wine enthusiast tasting for pleasure or a drinks professional tasting for work, this app helps you create and store structured and consistent tasting notes for wines.
In line with updates to the new qualification, you can record primary, secondary and tertiary aroma and flavour characteristics giving greater depth and nuance to your tasting notes.
Brought to you by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) — the largest wine education provider in the world — the app is based on our globally recognised Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT) at Level 2.
Note: This app does not form part of the WSET® Level 2 Award in Wines course. However it is a useful tool for both current and former WSET students at all levels.
Never been a WSET student? No problem! The app is a great tool for all wine tasters, complete with useful tips on how to record your notes. The app also provides a great taster of the skills you can expect to acquire through WSET courses.
• The only wine tasting app endorsed by the world’s leading provider of wine education
• A database of over 300 wine producing countries and regions
• Over 100 pre-populated grape varieties
• A comprehensive lexicon of commonly used aroma and flavour descriptors
• Pro tips to guide you through the app
• Ability to record notes in “blind” tasting mode
• In line with updates to the new Level 2 Award in Wines, record primary, secondary and tertiary aroma and flavour characteristics
• Search through your stored tasting notes
• Upload a photo to your wine notes
• Simple, easy to use interface to record and store your tasting notes
What is the Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine?
The Systematic Approach to Tasting® (SAT) is a method of note taking developed by the Wine & Spirit Education Trust to make tasting notes more objective and comparable.
The methodology breaks down the evaluation of wine, spirits or sake into appearance, nose, palate and conclusion, supported by universal terminology.
The SAT is published at four progressive levels of difficulty in support of the four levels WSET qualifications available. This app has been built for wines at level two making it suitable for those who are new to the SAT method as well as those that have completed WSET courses.
A systematic approach to tasting provides wine tasters with a foundation on which to build and develop their skills. The SAT forms an integral part of all WSET courses.
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust
Founded in 1969, the Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) is the largest global provider of wine, spirits and sake qualifications.
Trusted by the world’s most recognised drinks organisations, WSET has led the design and delivery of wine and spirit education for five decades and since 2004 over half a million candidates have taken a WSET qualification.
With four progressive levels of study offered through a network of course providers in more than 70 countries and translated into multiple languages, WSET qualifications inspire and empower drinks professionals and enthusiasts. To find out more about WSET, visit wsetglobal.com.