This app was created to provide hobbyist bakers a tool for creating and calculating recipes based on bakers percentages and ingredient mass.
Baking with percentage based recipes has many benefits:
- Comparing recipes is simple (i.e. which are drier, saltier, sweeter, etc.)
- Helping identify bad recipes or predict their baked characteristics
- Easily alter or add ingredient percentages without changing the other ingredients' percentages
- Recipes using ingredients like eggs produce more consistent results when measured by mass (rather than count).
- Baking recipes can be accurately and easily scaled up or down by any amount
- Accurate estimates of nutrition facts and ingredient costs
Take a look at this link (provided by the people at King Arthur Flour) to see an excellent example of how bakers percentages work in practice.
New Beta Build Available!
Users who wish to test upcoming features can enroll and download beta builds. To enroll please join either the Google+ Community or the Mailing List and follow the instruction you see there.