War games of 1939 A/I will reinforce a unit then later in same turn will attack with same! But A/I assault comes so quickly at times it is easily unnoticed! Then there's the"Magic Artillery" that fires from beyond its range! Other than that it is a very enjoyable game!
Stunning I love boardgames but never really got into hex wargames - until now. As a newbie, playing on Normal is a challenge and I love the different tactics and strategies that need to come into play - my favourite scenario so far is Lodz. Took me ages to do but was well worth the hard work! Simple UI & graphics with straight-forward rule-set. 5 stars well earned.
The bought version. Bought this game after playing the free demo version. It's worth buying. Single player version is very tactical and chalenging. Multiplayer version is pass and play only. My wish is for an online, Bluetooth or Lan multiplayer version. I would give it 5 stars then. It should be advertised as pass and play, not multiplayer.
Wargames of '39 Plays like paper and chits. Nice interface w/ decent AI. Please update and tweak Polish side. Haven't checked this update yet. Hoping you have.
Fun game Please make an impossible mode the missions are too easy. Reinforcing seems to powerful. 11 pts to reinforce an elite tank or 60 pts to buy a new one. AI doesn't reinforce as much as it should.
Great game. Could do with a harder level.
- Improve difficulty settings of 2nd campaign
- Stability improvements
- Make the Polish side playable by the player (EXPERIMENTAL)
- Fix bug where AI could attack after reinforcing a unit
- Slightly reduce defensive strength of bunkers
- Reduce attack, defense and range of armoured trains
- New setting: strict supply routes (defines whether units can only be reinforced when you control all the terrain between supply point and unit, or if neutral territory is also allowed)
A hex & counter wargame set in the year 1939, beginning of the second world war.