Safescape is a new and groundbreaking application for mobile phones that provides an early warning when driving into areas with an increased risk of traffic accidents, enhancing the driver’s awareness and giving them extra time to deal with potential incidents.
It uses state-of-the-art artificial intelligence to process the changing environmental factors and produce a simple Green, Yellow, Amber or Red signal with accompanying audio signals so the driver doesn’t need to take their eyes off the road.
Operation is very simple and easy to set up and requires no preparation or learning - it just works “out of the box”. The app works in urban and rural areas, on local roads and motorways, and only requires a GPS signal - it doesn’t even require an internet connection!
- Colour-coded risk indicator
- Audible notification of risk level
- Night mode
- Covers the whole of Great Britain
- No internet connection required, risk is assessed on-device
* Please note that this application does not work and is not intended for use in Northern Ireland *
Safescape contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.