If you have laughed while standing in front of a fun house mirror (i.e. distortion mirror), you may want to try this app. It turns your android device into ten different fun house mirrors.
1. If the distortion funny? Please check the screen shots. The first picture of the doll with green boundary is undistorted. The next four are distorted. There are total 10 distorted templates for you to choose from and all of them are believed to be interesting and funny when you put an object in the right place.
2. Anything unique about this app? Its smooth and hopefully funny distortion effect due to utilization of an advanced hardware feature. Most newer Android devices have this feature. Using hardware acceleration provides a much smoother view than otherwise possible. For example, when tested on HTC Evo 3D, 16~20 frames per second is typical.
3. How do I know if it can run on my device? Once launched, it first auto detects if it can run on your device. If not, an "Insufficient Hardware Capability" dialog appears and the app will terminate itself. Otherwise, a mirror template selection screen will appear.
You are also welcome to try the free Fun House Mirror Lite first as it has the same hardware dependency. That way, you can also see how smooth the distortion effect is while running on your device.
4. Can it use both back and front cameras? Yes if you device has them. Long press on screen while live view is on switches between front and back camera.
5. Can I save what I see? Yes. While live view is on, a quick tap will freeze the frame and save it under /sdcard/Fun House Mirror/ in jpeg format. Another tap will resume the live view.
6. If I found a picture funny and want to share it with others, what should I do? Two ways. 1) When the frame is frozen, a green share icon will appear. Clicking that will let you choose another app installed on your phone to share that frozen frame. 2) Or You can first save the picture and then share it later using any picture viewing app.