*NEW: Improved support for when Hangouts is set as your SMS app (it does not work with regular Hangouts messages)
SMS Popup provides a convenient popup dialog when a message is received that allows you to quickly read and reply to messages. It also provides in-depth customization of message notifications including contact specific sound, vibrate and LED settings.
NOTE: SMS Popup does mark message as "read" - if the notification tray icon does not disappear, make sure you disable the system messaging app notifications and use SMS Popup's notifications instead. Please see FAQ for more information.
Full feature list:
-convenient popup window on incoming message
-quickly reply, delete or close the message
-built-in "quick reply" for even faster messaging directly from popup window
-have your messages read to you using text-to-speech
-reply to messages using the system voice recognition
-customize notifications including sound, vibrate pattern, LED color (if available) and notification icon
-also customize notifications for individual contacts
-setup notification reminders (repeating notifications if you miss the first one)
-optional privacy mode to hide sender name and message contents
SMS Lock helps you out!
SMS Lock is a light tool to protect your personal short messages(SMS & MMS).
The cute lock is designed upon Android system level, to provide fully privacy protection to your short message box(Messaging). After enable SMS Lock, there will be lock pattern protection when opening short message box.
This app listens for incoming SMSs, saves them as fast as it can in an internal database (not the INBOX) and shows a notification.
If you see a "ghostly notification" from this app, but not from the stock SMS/MMS app (check screenshot #2), you can open the app, read your lost message and -if you wish- you can move it to your INBOX to store it or reply to it.
If you don't want to move it to the INBOX or if the stock SMS/MMS app didn't lose the message (check screenshot #1 and... good for you, by the way!), you can safely delete it from the internal database: no message from the INBOX is EVER deleted.
More informations can be found on the homepage: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=12765846
If this app helps you recover a precious message you would have hated to lose, consider a small donation as a token of appreciation ;-)
Donations are handled as In-app payments and enable the following OPTIONAL features:
- Remove Ads
- Use delayed notifications
If you lose your donation information (i.e.: you reset your device or you move to a new device) just open the app, hit the "Menu" button and select "Donations". The app will synchronize with the Market and restore every donation you made.
- SMS permissions are needed to write to the INBOX.
- Read contacts is needed to show the contact name in the list.
- Internet/Network is needed to show Ads. No other network communication is done.
- Billing is required for donations.
If you have any issues with the app, before posting a 1-star comment (I can't reply to them!) contact me on G+ (https://plus.google.com/115133497526444505927/posts) and I'll try to help. If I can't help you, go ahead and post a 1-star for the benefit of everyone else!
What do people think of this app?
"Works wonders! Wonder how many messages I missed before this app. It caught 10 messages in a couple weeks that my android missed or didn't notify." - M., Jul 13th, 2012
"Thx u Thx u" - R., Nov 13th, 2011
"Love this App! I thought that people were just not responding but in reality there messages were just getting lost and with this App it helps me recieve those messages that get lost." - S., Jan 3rd, 2012
"Does exactly what it says it does. A nice quick-fix for an annoying problem." - C., Apr 10th, 2011
Remember to enable IMAP in Gmail.
Please note that auto backup might not work reliably when SMS Backup+ is installed on the SD card. Future version will hopefully fix this, in the meantime please move it back to phone memory if possible.
For those of you worried about app permissions: there is a detailed explanation in the FAQ section of the website.
Also, please consult the FAQ on the website before sending me an email.
NOTE: On Android 4.4+ devices, if you have performed the Restore and the messages don't appear in Hangouts then:
- Open Hangouts and Disable SMS from Settings.
- Exit the Hangouts app
- Open Hangouts and Enable SMS from Settings.
- Backup SMS Messages in XML format.
- Choose a scheduled time to automatically backup.
- Backup format is independent of the Android version so the messages can be easily moved from one phone to another, irrespective of the Android version.
- Option to select which conversations to backup.
- View/Restore all Messages or only selected conversations.
- Delete all SMS Messages on the Phone.
- Email a backup file.
- Automatically Email or Upload to Dropbox & Google Drive using the Add-On.
- The XML can then be converted to other formats, and can also be viewed on a computer.
- Tested on Android v1.5 to v4.4.2
Please note that MMS (Picture/Audio/Video messages) support is currently in BETA.
This app is ad-supported and requires the Internet permissions to display the Ads.
If you do not want ads the they can be disabled from preferences or you can buy the paid version from the Market.
On newer phones with inbuilt storage the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure you save/email a copy of the backup outside the phone before doing it.
Lots more info at http://android.riteshsahu.com/apps/sms-backup-restore
FAQs can be found at http://bit.ly/d9t7Jk
Please start the app at least once after updates so that the scheduled backups start working.
This App needs access to the following:
* Your messages: Backup and Restore messages. Receive SMS permission needed to properly handle messages received while the app is the default messaging app on Android 4.4+ devices.
* Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
* Phone calls - Without this the Restore fails on some phones.
* Network communication: For displaying Advertisements.
* Your social information: To display and store the contact names in the Backup file.
* Run at start-up: Start scheduled Backups.
* View Network Connections: So that the app does not try to load Ads when there is no connection.
* Control Vibration: To vibrate the phone when an operation is completed.
* Prevent Phone from Sleeping: To prevent the phone from going to sleep/suspended state while a Backup or Restore operation is in progress.
* Test access to Protected Storage: To create the Backup file on the SD card.
Icons designed by Vlad Kitanoski of www.vk-solutions.com
* Support Emoji characters in text format and can be displayed in Emoji supported OS (Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.7 or later)
* Filter by conversation
* Filter by date
* Filter by SMS type
* Sorting SMS
* Export to Normal plain text (*.txt)
* Export to CSV, comma-separated values (*.csv)
* Restore SMS from previously exported .txt or .csv file
* Selectable date and time format
* Support Unicode UTF-8 encoding with/without BOM
* Support Windows, Unix, Mac plain text new line format
★ Our Facebook page has some Sample Output screenshots
You don't have to look at the screen anymore.
Open the app for Preferences or add the home widget to enable/disable reading.
The preference dialog has a basic view to quickly change reading options. It also has an advanced view for more personalization.
With the home widget you can quickly switch through the most frequent reading options. Just tap on the widget and it cycles through silent setting, announcing names only and reading out the full text.
By default only the sender/caller name is enabled (for privacy reasons).
Note: this app is distributed as is, I don't have the time anymore to add new features. It's pretty stable though, so it does what you need.
When you need to re-install the phone system; repair or change the phone, or want to keep your messages private from others, this app is the perfect helper to you which provides the easiest way to backup and restore SMS data.
As long as backup is done by this app, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app.
You have two ways to backup. To SD card or to a private E-mail. (If you choose to backup to a private E-mail, please set your Gmail account in advance)
* SMS backup
* Restore SMS. This app will automatically import the data to the original position.
* Two backup types: Backup to SD card or a private E-mail, you can choose the backup type on your own.
* View feature: you can check the backup messages on SD card, even if you have deleted all the messages, you can still check them with this app without restore.
* Private E-mail setting. You can set your own private E-mail if you want to backup by Email. The backup files will be sent to your designated E-mail address.
* Delete feature. You can delete the backup files on the SD card as you wish.
--- Feedback ---
If you have any issues or concerns with SMS backup, please send me an email and we will find a solution for this problem! Thanks! :)
Type in all the details needed, press the "Fake SMS!" button and the App will put your message with all the settings you set into your conversation folder of the number you provided. You can also enter Text or a number, which is not in your addressbook.
Why you should choose SMS Faker:
☆ Easy to use
☆ No complicated functions that nobody needs
☆ No Ads
☆ Free Support
☆ Nice and simple GUI
Feel free to send me bugs and problems to email@example.com and i'll try to fix them for the next version.
If you want to translate the App in your language feel free to contact me!
Thanks alot to Serum for the new App icons and the high resolution icon!
One more time after reading the comments: This App does NOT actually send text messages. It only creates the message as if somebody sent a message to you or as if you sent a message to somebody.
☆ Main Layout is now scrollable (Thank you Susan!)
☆ Added AppRater
☆ Added Android 4.0 ICS Support
☆ Fixed Bug with ContactPicker
☆ Small Code improvements
☆ Added User Request: Landscape Mode
☆ Fixed the NullPointerException Bug
☆ Added Donating Version of SMS Faker
☆ Added Settings
☆ Added About
☆ Added Menu
☆ FC Bug should be fixed
☆ Added Report Bugs
☆ Small Code improvements
☆ Small Layout improvements
☆ Fixed 1 minor Bug
☆ New App Icons
☆ Fixed minor Bugs
☆ Fixed language issues
☆ Numerous Notification improvements
☆ Notification & Vibration added
☆ Layout fixed (Scrolling now possible)
☆ Checkbox values are getting saved
☆ French translation added
☆ Fixed major Layout Bug
☆ Cleaned up Code
☆ Pick Contact from Addressbook
☆ Date and Timepicker for easier control
☆ Message in Multiline
☆ Main Layout fixed
☆ 2 Minor Bugs fixed
☆ Added Spanish translation
You can backup apps & contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to the SD card/Gmail. You will never lose your data again!
To get the Ads free pro version, please click here:Super Backup Pro
If your phone has inbuilt storage, the default backup location will probably be the internal storage card and not the external.
This is because the phone reports the storage that way.
If you intend to do a factory reset on the phone, please make sure default backup folder is in your external SD card before doing it. If not, please copy the entire backup folder ("SmsContactsBackup" by default)to your external SD card
-Backup apps to SD card
-Backup & restore app's data(need root)
-Batch restore apps from SD card (need root)
-Backup Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars to SD card
-Restore Contacts & SMS & Call logs & Bookmarks & Calendars from SD card
-Can select SMS conversations to backup
-Delete the backup data on SD card
-Schedule automatic backups
-Auto upload scheduled backup files to your Gmail
-Show last backup count & time
-User can change backup folder path in Settings
-Can backup Contact's group and picture properties
READ YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)/EDIT YOUR TEXT MESSAGES (SMS OR MMS)
These permissions are used to backup & restore your SMS
READ YOUR CONTACTS/MODIFY YOUR CONTACTS
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Contacts
WRITE WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY/READ YOUR WEB BOOKMARKS AND HISTORY
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Bookmarks
READ CALENDAR EVENTS PLUS CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION/ADD OR MODIFY CALENDAR EVENTS AND SEND EMAIL TO GUESTS WITHOUT OWNERS' KNOWLEDGE
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Calendars
READ CALL LOG/WRITE CALL LOG
These permissions are used to backup & restore your Call logs
- Italian- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Portuguese- Thanks to Emmanuel Avetta
- Korean- Thanks to 장승훈
- Hungaria- Thanks to Balu
-Specify phone numbers to receive the messages from.
-Specify phone numbers to forward the messages to.
-Set up rules to modify the messages before being forwarded on the fly.
-Attach information of the original sender on the forwarded message.
-View a history of the messages forwarded.
-Block forwarded messages from reaching your default messaging app's inbox.
-Specify when messages should or should not be forwarded.
Enjoy the app and don't forget to leave some feedback. Thank you.
Aplikasi ini dibuat dan ditujukan untuk orang tua dengan kegunaan memantau anak anak dari perbuatan nakal atau yang dicurigai ataupun tidak pantas,
sehigga para orangtua dapat mengambil sikap lebih dini dan terkendali kepada anak anak nya agar tidak berbuat yang menyipang
- Aplikasi ini dibuat bukan untuk kejahatan
- aplikasi ini berguna sebagi alat pelacak untuk menemukan perangkat yang hilang atau tercuri karena walaupun perangkat berganti kartu sim akan tetap mengirimkan data sms masuk kepada nomer yang sudah di seting serta dilengkapi fitur pelacakan GPS sehingga dapat membantu anda menemukan kembali gadget anda yang hilang
- aplikasi ini digunakan untuk memantau anak demi keselamatan anak
- aplikasi ini berguna bagi anda yang memiliki dua handphone namun ini meiliki fasilitas pengiriman pesan satu antara lain. maka aplikasi inilah solusinya
- aplikai ini akan berubah nama setelah di install menjadi Noteplus karena ini untuk kamuflase agar aplikasi ini aman tidak di curigai
- Aplikasi ini dibuat bukan untuk kejahatan
Harap dicatat !!
- bahwa segala kerugian atas penggunaan ataupun penyalah gunaan aplikasi ini bukan tangggung jawab pembuat aplikasi...
- Segala tindak tindak penyalah gunaan aplikasi tanggung jawab anda sendiri
- Gunakan secara bijak dan bertanggung jawab
1. Install Aplikasi di Hape Anak (Target)
2. buka aplikasi masuk ke pengaturan (atau saat pertama menjalankan ada peringatan mengatur pilih iya)
3. buka pilihan penyadapan > ceklis kirim hasil penyadapan > pilih nomer telpon > maka terlihat angka 12345678 > ganti angka tersebut dengan nomer anda untuk mengirimkan hasil penyadapan > setelah selesai OK
untuk melindungi agar aplikasi tidak dapat di rubah pengaturan nya kecuali oleh anda lakukan langkah berikut
2.ceklis kolom > Gunakan perlindungan password
3.pilih perlindungan password > masukan password anda
jika anda tidak mengerti yang lain biar kan saja tidak usah diatur lagi. karena langka diatas saja yang diperlukan yang lainya hanya opsional (pilihan)
Untuk mengecek aplikasi berjalan atau tidak ikuti langkah berikut
1.buka aplikasi > maka pada tampilan pertama terlihat gambar gembok dan status
a. jika gembok berwana hitam putih dan tulisan > Status : Mati = menandakan aplikasi belum berjalan
b. untuk mengaktifkan nya cukup tekan di gambar gembok (Bagi yang melakukan perlindungan password silhkan masukan password anda dlu) lalu tunggu sampai gembok berubah warna menajadi HItam Biru > dan tulisan Status : Aktif = (ini menandakan aplikasi sudah berjalan/aktif)
Status : (untuk menandakan aplikasi aktif atau tidak)
Jumlah paket : ( ini status jumlah pesan yang telah disadap dan dikirimlan ke nomor anda)
Jika anda lupa password anda sehingga tidak dapat melakukan pengaturan kembali. maka hapus (uninstall) aplikasi terlebih dahulu lalu pasang ulang, dan lakukan pengaturan lagi seperti langkah diatas
Fake SMS/Text function was added!!
You can send fake sms/ text messages to yourself, or can make a fake sms/ text messages from other person.
The most professional and beautiful fake caller id and SMS/text application in Android Market! Get out the trouble, give yourself a fake-call id or sms (text messages) !
Simulate a fake caller id to rescue yourself from an awkward situation, like boring meeting, annoying conversation, meaningless interview...
The fake-call id won't charge you any fee, it is totally FREE.
Due to android system limitations, android 4.4 (code: kitkat) unable to use the fake SMS function.
- The name changed to "Call Assistant" when you installed fake call/sms (text messages) in you phone;
- Simulate Fake calling screen as real as your different phone: Samsung UI, Sony Erisson, HTC Sense,ICS, etc
- Customize fake caller id, picture, number, in-call voice and ringtone for a new fake call ;
- Schedule multi fake calls/sms (text messages) ;
- Customize and manage the different in-call voice and ringtones for each fake call/sms (text messages) ;
- Fake call/sms (text messages) quick set ;
- Schedule a new fake call/sms (text messages) at a specific time;
- Fake call/sms (text messages) logs
- Fake now, past, even in the future;
- Select fake caller id from your contacts;
- Also showed in your fake call history;
- Fake call/sms (text messages) ringtone ,vibration and fake call voice can be customized ;
- Play Fake voice after fake call answered;
- Share Fake caller id with your friends from Gmail, Messaging and Twitter;
- 6 different Android system message icons to choose for fake your message;
- 6 different Android system fake calling page to choose for your quick fake call;
Description of permissions for Fake Call:
1. Your messages;
This permission can insert the fake SMS into your real SMS log;
2. Your personal information
This permission can make a fake call from your contacts, and also insert to real call log;
3. Network communication
This permission is for bluetooth earphone and networks;
This permission can record and edit fake calling voices, which are stored in the SD card；
5. Hardware controls
This permission is to set a fake call or a message vibration;
6. Phone calls
This permission is for you can receive the real call during the fake calling;
7. System tools
This permission is to fulfill the fake call or message even after reboot the phone;
Please be noted: All permissions are ONLY for better service, we never collect user information.
Completely no frills, no ads, and no annoying pop-ups!
(Pop-ups now optional)
Now works with GO SMS, Handcent, and other 3rd party clients! If you are having trouble getting it to work with these clients, try uninstalling and re-installing THAT app (NOT THIS ONE). The way android handles notification priorities is based on which app was installed first. I apologize for the inconvenience, but there is nothing I can do on my end.
If you like the app, download the pro version here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dberm22.SMSWakeUpPro
More pop-up settings, messaging shortcut, no donate message, and a sense of pride for helping out a struggling small-time dev. I am also currently working on getting it to work with email and gchat.
If you have any suggestions for features, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Just fixed the "This program is incompatible with your device" error with Jelly Bean! If you guys are still getting this error, let me know, and head over to droidaphile where they have hosted the apk for you to install. Just click the link below to access the file and ind an unbiased review of the app:
More from developer
Launch SAO Launcher by swiping down from the top right or left corners. Various orbs will fall down, giving you access to contacts, applications, maps, and more. When you're finished, tap away to dismiss the orbs.
SAO Launcher can be extended with themes and extensions, found inside the Store (Settings Orb)! Themes can change the entire look and feel of the app, from images to sounds and fonts. Extensions, meanwhile, will add additional orbs to SAO Launcher, giving you enhanced functionality. Best of all, both have public APIs! Anyone can write a theme or extension and easily share it with others. Get started with the following links.
For those with too much free time, try to find the rotating orbs easter egg.
Q: Why can't I uninstall the app!?
A: It's probably set as a Device Administrator. Go into Settings, Security, Device Administrators, and uncheck SAO Launcher.
Q: How do I get sms to pop up?
A: Install the SMS extension - it's another app, you can find it under Other Apps by this Developer
Q: How do I use themes?
A: Install the theme, then go into Options. You should immediately see it as a choice aside Default.
Q: Why is there a delay launching the app after pressing the Home button?
A: Android introduces a 5sec delay for all services after the Home button is pressed. There is no way to get around this.
Q: Why do I still see my old SMS notifications after installing the extension?
A: I can't touch another app's notifications. Luckily, the default SMS app lets you disable notifications in settings.
Q: Why can't I hear any sound?
A: There are different streams (System, Notification, Media). Some phones disable System, the stream usually reserved for button clicks. If you have one of those phones, you'll have to change the stream in Options.
Q: This isn't a launcher! Why claim it is?
A: It is... Sort of. It launches apps. It is not meant to replace your default launcher, though.
Q: Why is log out missing
A: Log out required Admin Rights, which make it difficult to uninstall apps (You have to manually go into Settings, drill down into Administrative Apps, remove the app, then uninstall). True frustration is being asked (many times!) every day how to uninstall the app (usually via a 1star review). Anyway, now people bug me about why log out is missing, which I frankly prefer, because at least they leave me with 4star reviews.
Q: Can you add feature X?
A: Shoot me an email at email@example.com, I'll see what I can do.
Requires v4.0+. Hide your default calculator by either disabling it (v4.1+) or using a custom launcher.
-Basic arithmetic (+, -, *, /)
-Trigonometry (sin, cos, tan, arcsin, arccos, arctan)
-Complex numbers (5+7i)
-Graphs X,Y functions (Y=X^2)
-Matrix math ([[1,0][0,1]])
-Hexadecimal and Binary support (1A+E)
-Widget for lockscreen and launcher
-Animated history (Long press to copy)
-Hide pages you don't need
-Tablet and Smartphone supported
-Completely open source! Download the source code at https://github.com/Xlythe/android_packages_apps_Calculator/tree/ics
A phone dialer that can be quickly launched fom anywhere with SAO Launcher. Gives SAO Launcher the ability to become a full replacement for your native dialer. And it's themeable too, like the rest of SAO Launcher!
The Play Store forces DRM on paid apps, which messes with the extension code. That is why an in app purchase is used instead.
To apply the theme, if you haven't already, download Sword Art Online Launcher. Then, go into Options and select it from the list of themes. It should show up automatically and apply immediately.
A calculator that can be quickly launched fom anywhere with SAO Launcher. Currently only supports 4 functions (+,-,*,/). Great for simple math like calculating tips without fumbling to find the calculator app. And it's themeable too, like the rest of SAO Launcher!
The Play Store forces DRM on paid apps, which messes with the extension code. That is why an in app purchase is used instead.
For tinkerers, the application is open sourced here: https://github.com/Xlythe/MinecraftClock
All rights to Minecraft belong to Mojang. This app and Mojang have no connection.
Play locally against a computer or pass the device between friends (*ahem* rivals). Further your game by logging in with Google+ to unlock achievements and play online.
Settings give you the option to create your own customized house rules. Change the board size from 4x4 to 30x30, enable (or disable) first move swap, and set a timer for speed runs.
If you want to try your hand at Android development, the app is 100% open sourced here: http://xlythe.github.com/HexGame_Android/
Graphical Designer: Nicholas Bourdakos
Backend Developer: Sam Laane
UI/Android Developer: William Harmon
Support Designer: Sean VanPelt
What makes Bandrios interesting is that you start by setting goals. You can set as many as one for each kid on the soccer team you're coaching, or set as few as just one for yourself, to keep track of your smoking habit. Each increment saves the time and place, letting you review past events inside the app's calendar and map.
Goals can be customized and set as either good stigmas or bad, and graphically represent you getting closer or further from your goal. You can set icons, including custom ones from the SD card, and give names to your goal.
The uses are unlimited. Any time you want to keep track of something (e.g. how many goals were scored during a game and by whom, how many cigarettes smoked, how many drinks you had last night, the last time you took your medicine, what birds you saw when birdwatching, etc.), Bandrios can help.
Editor Picked by AppEggs.com
Mentioned in 30 Best New Apps by AndroidPolice.com
You must have SAO Launcher installed for this theme to do anything. Once installed, go into Options and scroll down to Themes where you can apply this customization.