• Be as beautiful and easy to use as possible without sacrificing security or privacy
• Rely on existing, well established protocols
• Do not require a Google Account or specifically Google Cloud Messaging (GCM)
• Require as little permissions as possible
• End-to-end encryption with either OTR or openPGP
• Sending and receiving images
• Intuitive UI that follows Android Design guidelines
• Pictures / Avatars for your Contacts
• Syncs with desktop client
• Conferences (with support for bookmarks)
• Address book integration
• Multiple Accounts / unified inbox
• Very low impact on battery life
Conversations works with every XMPP server out there. However XMPP is an extensible protocol. These extensions are standardized as well in so called XEP’s. Conversations supports a couple of those to make the overall user experience better. There is a chance that your current XMPP server does not support these extensions. Therefore to get the most out of Conversations you should consider either switching to an
XMPP server that does or - even better - run your own XMPP server for you and your friends.
These XEPs are - as of now:
* XEP-0065: SOCKS5 Bytestreams - or rather mod_proxy65. Will be used to tranfer files if both parties are behind a firewall (NAT).
* XEP-0138: Stream Compression saves bandwith
* XEP-0198: Stream Management allows XMPP to survive small network outages and changes of the underlying TCP connection.
* XEP-0280: Message Carbons which automatically syncs the messages you send to your desktop client and thus allows you to switch seamlessly from your mobile client to your desktop client and back within one conversation.
* XEP-0237: Roster Versioning mainly to save bandwidth on poor mobile connections
This VIP version of Xabber is in no way any better than regular version of Xabber, gold coin on an application icon being it's only distinct feature. It is very useful to show off how gorgeous you are when buying something that anyone can get for free.
- Multiple accounts
- Quick switch between simultaneous chats
- Rich visibility settings for contacts and groups
- Compatible with all standard XMPP servers
- Pre-configured support of Gtalk, Facebook chat, Livejournal chat, Vkontakte, Ya.Online, Google Apps Gtalk accounts
- Multi user chat (MUC)
- Chat history
- Export history to SD card
- Server side message archive support
- Inline hyperlink support (web pages, YouTube, e-mail, phone numbers, XMPP Uri)
- View contact's information (vCard)
- Grouping contacts by groups and/or accounts
- Contact list management: add/remove/edit contacts, groups, subscriptions
- Contact search
- Integration into phone's contact list (call from the chat and chat from the phone contact list)
- Notification setting for each contact
- Notifications based on key phrase
- Full Unicode support, chat in any language
- Portrait and landscape views
- Stream compression (not all servers supported for now)
- OTR encription
- TLS support
- Legasy SSL support
- SASL support
- Check for the server certificate
- SRV record and DNS round robin support
- Client software icons in contact list (Adium, Empathy, Gajim, Gtalk, iChat, Miranda, Pidgin, Psi, QIP, Xabber, Xabber VIP)
- Typing notification support
- Message delivery receipts
- Shortcut to a chat on home screen
List of supported (pre-configured) services:
- GTalk (Google Talk, Google Apps accounts are supported too)
- Windows Live Messenger / MSN (Android 2.2 or higher required)
- Facebook chat
- Livejournal chat
- Tablet interface
- File transfer
RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
XEP-0030: Service Discovery
XEP-0128: Service Discovery Extensions
XEP-0115: Entity Capabilities
XEP-0153: vCard-Based Avatars
XEP-0045: Multi-User Chat (incompletely)
XEP-0078: Non-SASL Authentication
XEP-0138: Stream Compression
XEP-0203: Delayed Delivery
XEP-0091: Legacy Delayed Delivery
XEP-0199: XMPP Ping
XEP-0147: XMPP URI Scheme Query Components
XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications
XEP-0184: Message Delivery Receipts
XEP-0155: Stanza Session Negotiation
XEP-0059: Result Set Management
XEP-0136: Message Archiving
Check Xabber Development version for new functionality.
Source code of Xabber is available at https://github.com/redsolution/xabber-android under GNU GPLv3 license.
For more information visit our website http://xabber.com or follow @xabber_xmpp at twitter.
SJ provides a complete solution for your privacy while communicating over the net.
Major benefits of SJ im.
- Support XEP-0027 (PGP encryption)
- Automatic PGP public key exchange
- Support Off-The-Record (OTR)
- Send files via third-party services in the archives of Zip with password
- encryption P2P
- Completable witch any XMPP server
- Multiple profiles
- Comfortable history
- Attractive design
- Ease of use
and much more!
AIM® registered trademark AOL LLC.
ICQ® registered trademark ICQ.
Yahoo!® registered trademark Yahoo Inc.
MSN®, Windows Live™ registered trademark Microsoft Corporation.
Jabber® registered trademark Jabber Inc.
Google™ Talk registered trademark Google Inc.
Facebook® registered trademark Facebook, Inc.
yaxim aims at security, low overhead and keeping your server connection open. So far, it only supports a single account.
* Connection with a single XMPP server (or GTalk, or Facebook Chat, or …)
* Immediate reconnection on 3G/WiFi network changes (seamless with XEP-0198)
* You are asked about self-signed SSL certificates
* Allows automatic connection after turning on your phone
* Roster management support
* Persistent message history
* Message Carbons (XEP-0280)
yaxim is optimized to use the yax.im free XMPP service: http://yaxim.org/yax.im/
AstraChat is always connected to your XMPP server in the background and provides you with immediate push notifications of new messages.
AstraChat is very efficient with the network connection and data consumption so you can be confident that it will use very little of your battery or data allowance.
NEW: Google Talk (Gtalk) Preconfigured Settings
NEW: Facebook Chat Preconfigured Settings
• Reliable direct connection to the XMPP server
• No proxy server that might compromise your password or message content
• No account to sign up - just download and connect to your own server
• Secure connection with SSL and TLS
• Compatible with all XMPP servers
• Works on all mobile and WiFi networks
• Immediate push notification of new messages
• Is typing support
• Message delivery receipts
• Last seen presence (XEP-0012 if supported by XMPP server)
• Fast picture sharing
• Unlimited chat history
• Easy to use
• Fast and modern WhatsApp like interface
• Efficient network use
• Optimized for mobile devices
• Low battery consumption
• Low network consumption
AstraChat is suitable for large or small enterprises. With AstraChat, you will be ALWAYS ON!
For more information visit http://www.astrachat.com or email email@example.com.
Supported XMPP Protocols:
• RFC-3920: Core
• RFC-3921: Instant Messaging and Presence
• XEP-0012 Last Activity
• XEP-0016 Privacy Lists
• XEP-0054 vcard-temp
• XEP-0085 Chat State Notifications
• XEP-0153 vCard-Based Avatars
• XEP-0172 User Nickname
• XEP-0184 Message Delivery Receipts
• XEP-0191 Blocking Command
• XEP-0198 Stream Management
• XEP-0199 XMPP Ping
AstraChat is a product of Rockliffe Systems - developers of rock solid communication software since 1995.
1. connect and disconnect to a jabber server
2. set your own status
3. chat with friends in your roster
4. subscribe to new friends or respond to subscription requests
tags: google+, facebook, chat, xmpp, jabber
You can also use Talkonaut to make cheap voice calls to landline or mobile phone numbers through GTalk2VoIP infrastructure.
Metaswitch does not offer telephony and voicemail services or app support to the general public. Contact your service provider if you have any questions or to find out if they are built on Metaswitch.
With Accession Communicator, you can take control of your home or office telephony services from anywhere.
• Make and receive calls over WiFi/3G using your landline number
• Move calls between your landline, mobile and tablet devices, without hanging up
• Instant messaging
• Add video to your calls
• Make calls from any phone using your landline caller ID
• Receive new voicemail alerts
• Playback voice and video messages and view faxes
• View transcribed voice messages
• Control how incoming calls are handled
• Sync your Accession contacts across devices
NOTE: Your service provider may not offer all features listed or may require you to pay additional subscription charges to access certain features. Contact your service provider for information. Accession Communicator also requires data or WiFi access. Use of these services may incur additional charges.
- Available for Android, iPhone, Windows, and Mac -- or use Fleep from a web browser
- Have one-to-one and group chats with your team or anyone on the outside
- When you attach files to your messages, they're always available to people in the conversation
- You can chat with anyone. They don't need to be Fleep users, or to even sign up. Just add people to a conversation by their email address. Then, simply write your message. They'll receive messages and files as emails, and their replies will flow back to Fleep.
- Use Fleep anywhere, on your smartphone or computer. Conversations and files are stored securely in the cloud, and always in sync.
- Your email address is your Fleep ID
- No ads. No extra charges or other funny business. All you need is an internet connection.
See http://www.fleep.io for more
For questions, feedback, and wags of the critical finger, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter:
Licensed unter the GNU General Public License 3
Based on Xabber(licensed under the GNU General Public License 3)
It enables secure, collaborative, device agnostic conversations between people, cloud and enterprise apps. Accessible via mobiles, tablets & web browsers, it enables personalized messaging, alerts and notifications for enterprise communication.
TeamToq allows you to collaborate and share data securely from your corporate environment (coworkers, enterprise app & approved API’s).
★ Enterprise Class App – Seamless intra organization flow of information and notifications
★ Secure – Highest level security and control for maximum data protection
★ Collaborative – Easy personalization and connection with individuals and groups
★ Device Agnostic – Multi channel access and usage
★ Conversations – Real time multi-person discussions, connections and chats
★ Integrations – Box and other applications like SkyDrive
With TeamToq, you can experience the seamless intra-organization communication through messages, notification and alerts. Exchange real-time discussion with one or many people, directly or through groups. The secure, encrypted and robust system provides highest levels of privacy to you and data protection to your confidential data.
One app, multiple ways to communicate!
Please report bugs and suggestions to email@example.com
*Note: If you already have HipChat (non-beta) installed, we recommend either uninstalling that app or manually signing out of your account before running the HipChat for Android Beta.
HipChat is hosted group chat and video chat for companies and teams. HipChat for Android complements our Mac, Windows, and Linux clients – helping you stay connected with your coworkers from anywhere.
Don't have a HipChat account? Create one for free at HipChat.com
REAL-TIME VIDEO CHAT AND SCREEN SHARING
Connect your team and build genuine consensus with face-to-face video chat and real-time screen sharing. The next best thing to right next to you.
PERSISTENT CHAT ROOMS AND 1-TO-1 CHAT
Share ideas, code, and files with your team in real time. Rooms are perfect for individual projects, teams, or entire departments. You can also hop into a 1-to-1 chat with a co-worker anytime.
Never miss an important conversation in HipChat again with email and mobile push notifications. Grab someone's attention with @mentions and bring the right people into the conversation.
PREVIEW AND ACCESS SHARED FILES
Share mockups, PDFs, Office docs, and other files for instant feedback. HipChat keeps a complete history so you can access shared files anytime, anywhere.
COMPLETE CHAT HISTORY
Catch up on things you missed while you were away, and pick up right where you left off from any device. HipChat saves your conversations so you'll never forget who said what, and when.
Y U NO HAVE EMOTICONS?
Spice up your chats with the latest emoticons and memes. We're constantly adding to our library of 150+ emoticons, and you can even upload your own.
PRIVATE, SAFE, AND SECURE
Message teammates directly with @mentions, and easily invite other users in. Display data and alerts pushed automatically from other systems – like JIRA, Confluence, and more.
* Phone boots
* Battery low
* Received SMS
* Incoming call
* minimal use of system resources
* minimal use of battery
* minimal use of the Internet
* send clipboard