Maintain safe social distancing when visiting beaches and promenades by viewing crowd congestion levels with this app. It is an official National Beach Check App to see beach congestion across coastal areas all over UK
This app enables visitors to make informed choices to avoid crowded areas of the beach. Each section of the coast is coloured red, amber or green depending on how congested that section of the seafront is. At the start of the day the map presents a prediction for how busy the beach is likely to become that day, based on historic data, CCTV, weather and footfall counter data. From mid-morning onwards, the colour coded map is updated hourly by our Seafront Ranger team who patrol the beach.
Links are provided within the app for general information on public toilets at the seafront, cycling, dog exercise areas and BBQ byelaws.
Key Features of the App:
- View Status : View congestion status of the beach from the map
- My Favourites : Manage favourite beach locations
- Search : Search places (beach, parking, toilet etc.)
- Parking Status : Availability of Parking across BCP
App covers following areas in UK and new areas are added quite frequently:
- Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole
- Havant: Hayling Island, Hampshire
- Rother, East Sussex: Camber Sands, Bexhill Beach (East and West)
- Somerset & West Taunton: Minehead
- Thanet, Kent: Margate Main Sands, Botany Bay, Joss Bay, Viking Bay (Broadstairs), Ramsgate Main Sands
- Torridge, Devon: Westward Ho!
- West Wittering, W Sussex: West Wittering Beach