Fixed graphical glitches in higher model phones.
Maximum upload and download speeds.
Track the network used for the test.
History of Speedtest results
Millions of users have made Ookla Speedtest the #1 app for testing Internet speeds, and it’s trusted daily by professionals throughout the industry!
- Discover your Download, Upload and Ping
- Real-time graphs show connection consistency
- Troubleshoot or verify the speed you were promised
- Track past tests with detailed reporting
- Easily share your results
one-click speed test of download, upload and ping
history of all speed tests saved to your device
easy sharing of results
compatible with a wide array of Android devices
• tests download speed (downlink)
• tests upload speed (uplink)
• measurement of data transfer time delays (latency, ping)
• two typical data transfer units (kbps, Mbps),
• automatic selection of test parameters depending on the type of a connection (WiFi, 2G/3G mobile)
• basic information about the connection (IP address, Internet service provider and organization, SIM operator or name of the WiFi network)
• history of results with options to filter and sort the list according to the different criteria,
• ability to customize test parameters to meet your needs (the duration of the test, the number of connections),
• detailed information about the tests (measured value of download/upload/ping, connection type, date, settings),
• easily copy your IP address and results to the clipboard,
• vibration handling,
• publication of results on social networking sites (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.),
• compatibility mode with less powerful and older devices (switch on/off tween animations)
• appropriate warnings for testing mobile Internet.
Test the speed of your WiFi or LAN network between your mobile devices (mobile
phone, tablet) or between your mobile device and your computer.
Test the speed of your wireless router. Measure the performance of a Samba share.
Important: This is not an Internet speed test app!
This application will measure the speed of your local network,
live Internet connection is not required.
Bug reporting: https://bitbucket.org/pzolee/wifi-speed-test/issues
Server application for computers: https://bitbucket.org/pzolee/tcpserver/downloads
* Test upload and download speed.
* Test Wi-Fi or LAN speed between your mobile phones/tablets.
* Test Wi-Fi or LAN speed between your mobile devices and your computer
* Test Samba share speed (from v1.1)
* Analyse your network and find bottlenecks (from v1.6)
* Export your results in csv format (from v1.5)
* Test Ethernet speed (from v1.4): Useful if your device uses Ethernet connection (For example it is a Smart Media Hub or Android based media player)
* You can also share the result on Facebook or Google+
For more details see Settings/Info in the application or in my blog:
- Simple and Advanced internet speed test modes
- Internet Download Speed Test from USA, EU and Asia combined or separately
- Speed Graph (Advanced)
- Speed Gauge / Meter (Simple)
- Easy unit configuration (kbyte/s kbit/s mbit/s)
- Limit Maximum Download size for each test
- Limit Speed test time
- All your results are logged
- Speed Result rates your WiFi or Mobile Data download speed (Low, Normal, Superb)
- Share Internet Speed Test results
- Speed Test gives you an indication of speed towards 3 destinations, which is not representative for your actual connection speed.
This application does give you a tool to check your speeds, and from experience, judge your active connection.
When you perform free tests with 4Gmark, you participate in a collaborative project to aggregate a base of information for understanding and improving the quality of service.
The "Speed Test" quickly calculates downlink and uplink network speed (average Bitrate).
The "Full Test" is a scenario with all protocols (latency, transfer, web) giving full visibility over the quality of the connection environment. It calculates a score which let you compare between them different smartphones, networks or places.
At the end of the Full Test, in the results, you can benchmark your results against the average obtained by other users in your country, in the same area or using the same smartphone (wifi or cellular).
Also in the "Custom Test" section, Customized scenarios of tests are available.
Additional features of Speed Test Light application:
• history of results with detailed information about the tests,
• IP address display,
• ability to filter and sort your results according to various criteria,
• two standard units (Mbps and kbps),
• the ability to manually adjust the number of threads and the duration of the download/upload/ping test,
• system clipboard and social networks handling (easy to publish the results on Facebook, Twitter or Google+),
• low demand on system resources.
Use SpeedTest to monitor your cellular (3G/4G/LTE) or WiFi internet speed and response ( ping ) for your device. With a real-time graphical display, results are updated continously during the internet speed test. A quick trace route is performed to determine the number of gateways to the test server. This simple, easy-to-use app provides consistent, accurate internet speed testing from any location. A simple test app to determine your true mobile speed.
– Simple, one button tap performs (or cancels) the internet speed tests.
– Testing features download speed, upload speed and latency (ping response) time.
– Simple, easy-to-read tracking and reporting.
– History of the previous tests is available for comparison.
– Works on either Cellular Internet from any carrier or when connected via WiFi internet.
– Conveniently share results with others via email.
– Testing servers located around the world for accurate results.
– Unlimited on-the-go testing - mobile speed testing.
– It’s FREE!
Important note: Speed test uses ICMP to run ping and trace route. There are some devices and builds of Android where this has been intentionally blocked. Unfortunately, there is nothing we as developers can do to avoid this happening. If your device is affected, Speed test will not run ping or trace route. It will simply skip and leave the fields blank for results. Hopefully, in the future, there will be a work around.
Auf einen Blick, immer auf dem neuesten Stand:
• Informationen über Ihren aktuellen Datenverbrauch allgemein
• Datenverbrauch der einzelnen von Ihnen genutzten Apps und Smartphone Dienste
• Ihr Datenverbrauch im Wi-fi allgemein
• Der Datenverbrauch Ihrer Apps im Wi-fi
• Die Dauer Ihrer durchgeführten Gespräche
• Die Netzverfügbarkeit der letzten 30 Tage
• Die Anteile Ihrer Internetverfügbarkeit der letzten 30 Tage
• Messung von Download- und Upload-Geschwindigkeit sowie Ping
• Ergebnisse speichern, in Maps anzeigen lassen und über Facebook teilen
Alle Daten die an Vodafone übermittelt werden, sind nicht Personen bezogen und anonymisierte Daten. Dabei ist zu beachten, dass je nach Tarif Kosten entstehen können.
Da jede einzelne Messung von verschiedenen Faktoren beeinflusst wird, können die Ergebnisse von der tatsächlich erreichbaren Geschwindigkeit abweichen. Daher raten wir Ihnen öfters und zu unterschiedlichen Zeitpunkten zu testen.
MOBILE PERFORMANCE BENCHMARKING SYSTEM
cnlab develops and operates the Mobile Performance Benchmarking (MPB) system for private use and Internet Service Providers. The MPB client application, used to measure Key Performance Indicators (KPI) such as Up- and Download or Roundtrip Times to reference systems, are available for iOS, Symbian, Android and Windows Phone. The measured speed depends not only on the operators network, but also on the amount of customers within the local network cell or the overall performance of the used device. A single MPB test can produce - depending on the current set up and network speed - about 10MB of data.
- prevent phone from sleeping
- Localization of the phone via GPS and mobile networks
- Information about the network (online, roaming, IP)
- Information on the Internet
- Operator, ISOCountryCodes (from SIM card or Network)
- Device IDs
- Move the app to the SD card memory (especially for phones with limited space)
- Backup the database to the external memory (useful if you want to transfer data between two phones)
- No data connection, no speed test
- Authorization for the Google Maps integration
Developer Tools / Developer Tools
- Access to the USB memory
Each device gains a unique identification number (UserID) so that each user can view its own results via Web browser. For each UserID not only the performance data are stored but also a set of system data (e.g.: IP or device ID) as well as administrative data (user location). The UserID is never given away. Its only use is to trace bugs, boost performance or create SpeedTest statistics. When an error is reported, some user send personal information, such as their E-Mail, name, address or phone number. These private data are only send to cnlab and the addressed Service Provider from the error report.
The cnlab Information Technology Research AG was founded by Prof. Dr. P. Heinzmann and Dr. P. Schöbi in 1997 as a Spin-Off of the HSR University of Applied Sciences Rapperswil. cnlab is a company according to Swiss law, owned by the management and by the staff, located in Rapperswil, Switzerland. cnlab develops and optimizes Internet applications. With the Internet Performance Benchmarking products and services, cnlab supports Internet Service Providers to improve their products. Services provided by cnlab Security Engineering and IT System Testing services are used by Swiss banks, insurance companies, the industry as well as administration to optimize their IT applications considering security, functionality and reliability. 14 engineers are currently working for cnlab.
For further information please contact email@example.com or visit www.cnlab.ch.