IQ Hunt is a subset of The Malaria Destroyer Game (MDG Series). MDG is a digital knowledge-entertainment and educational mobile Psycho-Game. The game is geared towards the eradication of malaria in Africa. Its central focus is to ensure that Nigeria/Africa attains a fundamental requirement of the United Nations Millennium Development Goals (MDGs). The Malaria Destroyer Game (MDG) aims to reduce the cost of lost-productivity in Nigeria/Africa, by 50% before 2015.
About MDG: (“TECHNOLOGY TO FIGHT MALARIA PROJECT”)
Each year 1 million of the 300-500 million cases of malaria result in death – most of them occurring in Africa! Nigeria accounts for over 300,000 deaths yearly. Nigerians Health profile is in great danger! Economically, Malaria costs Africa an estimated $12 billion in lost productivity each year! According to the Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, a child dies of malaria every 45 seconds in Africa!
The Federal Government of Nigeria spends N480billon on Malaria prevention and treatment annually.
• Malaria is a major public health problem in Nigeria, where it accounts for more cases and deaths than any other country in the world.
• Nigeria looses more death to Malaria than other countries at War!.
• Malaria is a risk for 97% of Nigeria’s population. The remaining 3% of the population live in the malaria free highlands.
• There is an estimated 100 million malaria cases with over 300,000 deaths per year in Nigeria. This compares with 215,000 deaths per year in Nigeria from HIV/AIDS.
• Malaria contributes to an estimated 11% of maternal mortality.
The Game (Malaria Destroyer Game) is a full graphics animated mobile game which runs across all mobile platforms (Andriod, Apple IOS, e.t.c); originated, designed and developed by Mobile Software Solutions Limited - an indigenous IT firm.