Random Encounters 5E is designed to allow the Dungeon Master to quickly generate encounters for an adventure, whether that is a wandering monster they come across in the Underdark, a series of encounters for a desert adventure or even filling a cave up with orcs, ogres and hill giants, which makes it a great D&D app for any DM's toolset.
The ability to save up to 16 encounters means a DM can plan out an adventure, using the generator to help seed encounters. The DM can even edit the encounter and add new creatures (even custom ones) to the mix. The combat aid will even help keep track of initiative and combat.
Random Encounters 5E can also generate random treasure from an individual's treasure, a boss's prized possessions or even a whole treasure horde. The treasure generator can also roll up random scrolls, potions, weapons, armor or miscellaneous magic items.
Random Encounters Key Features:
* Generate by Environment: Arctic, Coastal, Volcanic, Mountain, Desert, Hills, Forest, Underdark, Grassland, Swamp, Astral and Urban
* Generate by Type: Any, Aberration, Construct, Dragon, Elemental, Fey, Fiend, Giant, Humanoid, Monstrosity, Undead.
* Generate by Group: Bandits, Cultists, Orcs, Goblins, Demons, Devils, Undead, Giants, Dragons and more.
* Customize the encounter by adding creatures, even custom monsters of your own making.
* Save up to 16 encounters when planning your next adventure.
* Combat aid allows automatic initiative rolls for creatures, keeping track of current hit points and a notes field.
* Supports Volo's Guide to Monsters as optional expansion.
Random Treasures Key Features:
* Generate treasures appropriate for a chest, large chest, individual, boss or entire horde
* Specifically generate scrolls, potions, weapons, armor or magic items
* Edit coin totals and add new magic items
* Save up to 16 treasures
How to Use Random Encounters 5E for D&D:
* Build a quick one-off adventure by drawing or downloading a quick map and using the Random Encounters app to generate 6-8 encounters based on the CR of the party.
* Spice up your campaign by adding quick encounters while exploring swamps, deserts, volcanic mountains or the arctic tundra.
* Flexible wandering monsters lets you quickly roll up appropriate creatures for the Underdark or target a particular type of monsters such as an undead wandering encounter for a crypt.
* Generate Encounters and Treasure for Brainstorming. The ability to add and subtract from the encounters allows the DM to use the random generation as a base to start from when building custom adventures.