Headset Indicator makes status bar notification when a headset or headphones are connected.
If supported by device, notification shows if microphone is available.
This app is especially useful for some custom ROMs, devices doesn't have default notifier like some Xperia, Nexus devices.
Be sure to ENABLE notification, open app then click "Enable Notification"
You can personalize the following behavior for music, call and idle mode:
Idle mode (When between calls and playing music)
Launch Music player or Radio (Select a specific player, including radio, to launch and control or just keep the last one used)
Redial last number
This application has been designed for use with the standard Android music player, but also tested for Walkman Player and a variety of other music players. If your application doesn’t work as expected? Please try to activate/deactivate the headset control in the music player itself since this might be in conflict with this application.
The SmartKey application supports Android 4.0 and above and is designed for Sony Xperia™. It will also support other Android devices although its functionality can be limited.
This application is developed for wired headsets only.
Disclaimer: For coming Android releases there might be changes in how the headset control is handled. This may/may not interfere with this application. This application may be upgraded accordingly, provided it can be handled from the application and not the Android system only. Please enjoy your Sony headset with this headset control application, making living easier.
This app creates a menu in your notification area when you connect earphones or a Bluetooth headset to your device.
* Choose which apps to put on the menu and sort them as you like
* Turn on the screen when a headset is connected
* Auto-start an app when headset is connected
* Icon alignment (left, right, space evenly) in notification
* Can create a widget that is made visible when a headset is connected
* Icon pack support
* Bluetooth device blacklist
Materia design icon and misc graphics by Adam Lapinski (https://plus.google.com/+AdamLapinski_Yeti)
* RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Start when phone starts
* BLUETOOTH: Check Bluetooth state
* INTERNET: Used to report crash data to Crittercism (error reporting service)
* READ_LOGS: Allows collecting logcat data to be attached to crashes and handled exceptions.
* GET_TASKS: Allows augmenting crash reports with information on the activity running during a crash.
* WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows the app database to be saved to SD-card
* WAKE_LOCK: Nedded for turning on the screen on headset connection
* REORDER_TASKS: to bring other apps to foreground / auto-launch
No personal information is gathered by this app. Only crash reports are sent to me so I can fix bugs and improve the app.
If you want to control the Volume of your Smartphone instead of the SmartHeadset, you can just open this app and control the sound-volume of the phone with the volume-buttons of the smart headset pro.
LiveWare™ extension for Smart Wireless Headset pro
warning: if media button is disabled you will not be able to accept calls with your headset remote control.
This is an open source project originally intended for use with the now legacy Android 1.6 (donut) release and 3.5mm headphone jack HTC multi adapters on the G1 due to android issue 2534. It was originally based on an abandoned project at code.google.com called toggleheadset.
Since initial release, lots of people have downloaded and used this application to fix hardware problems with their phones - specifically cases where the headphones connector detection doesn't work and your audio doesn't automatically switch to the correct output automatically. This has been a surprisingly common occurrence.
To install you need to place on your homescreen to use it by holding your finger down on the homescreen, selecting widgets and selecting togglheadset2. See http://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/wiki/InstallAndUse
Thanks to Adam King for changes to support 2.1+
This application works in background when you make an incoming or outgoing call using your wired headset/headphone and make sure your default phone microphone is enabled. There is no additional settings required for this application.
Not all devices are supported, therefore it is strongly recommended that you try the Sixaxis Compatibility Checker (available for free on Google Play) before purchasing this app.
Finally the wait is over... The ultimate gaming experience awaits! Now you can play games on your phone the way they were meant to be played! Sixaxis Controller allows you to use the following controllers in many of your favourite games and applications:
DualShock® 3 Wireless Controller
PlayStation® Move Navigation Controller
DualShock® 4 Wireless Controller (If pairing on a PC, you must use SixaxisPairTool 0.3.0+)
*** IMPORTANT ***
- ROOT access is required!!!
- Due to the way pairing is done with the controllers, you need to manually pair your controller with the PC utility 'SixaxisPairTool' (available on the website) and a mini-USB cable. Android 3.1+ users can also pair directly on their devices via USB.
- It is highly recommended that you use an ORIGINAL controller. Many after market controllers will not work with this app. If you get a 'Client connected: 1' message, but the lights on your controller continue to flash, it is almost certainly not an original Sony controller.
- The fake controllers that are most likely to work (though not guaranteed) are those made by Gasia. If you bought a fake that works but isn't made by Gasia, I'd love to hear from you so I can compile a list of known working controllers.
- Be sure to read the instructions in the help menu carefully.
- Up to four Sixaxis, DualShock 3, DualShock 4 and Navigation controllers supported at once.
- Support as a native gamepad in Android 3.1+ devices. Full support for analog sticks and analog triggers.
- Keyboard emulation. Map all buttons and sticks to almost any key available in Android.
- Mouse emulation. Configure a button to activate the mouse pointer on devices that support mice (most tablets, and many phones should work).
- Touch emulation allows you to map buttons and analog sticks to the screen. Play all your favourite games with full analog support, even those without built-in controller support!
This product is not affiliated with, nor authorized, endorsed or licensed in any way by Sony Corporation, its affiliates or subsidiaries. All trademarks are property of their respective holders.
For assistance, full instructions and FAQ, visit our website at http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com
Performance on all devices is not guaranteed.
The program uses your battery!
The program is distributed "as is", the developer responsible for the loss of data and device health does not carry.
Known bug: sometimes it is a full loss of sound in the system - requires an reboot device
Send reports and bugs to: email@example.com
It does not (and will not in the foreseeable future) support ICS+. For reasons why, see github project: https://github.com/dlew/android-headset-blocker
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when on a call.
* Automatically turn on Bluetooth when the phone is charging.
Keywords: bluetooth bt mobile data 2g 3g 4g lte cdma
This app is licensed under the MIT license.
Copyright (C) 2012 Futon Redemption
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of
this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in
the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to
use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies
of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do
so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE
ATTENTION! Starting Android 5.x (Lollipop) applications can not answer incoming calls anymore (at least without rooting the device). For this reason Handsfree will not work on new devices or after upgrading the OS and I see no reason to further develop the app. Thanks everybody.
** If you have problems or find bugs, please send me a mail instead of bad review! **
Note that not all devices notify if there is a microphone or not. This is not possible to get around.
This is similar to the headset icon on HTC phones, but include more options. Tap the notification to open settings.
Can also automatically wake up the screen if the headset is plugged in when the display is turned off.
WAKE_LOCK: to wake up screen when headset is plugged in.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: to autostart service when phone boots.
When headphone is inserted, this widget can toggle your headset audio off, to have the sound come out of your built-in speaker or even connected bluetooth.
An indicator dot tells you if sound is going to come through the headphones when there's media sound playing.
Free with no ads
Branch of https://code.google.com/p/toggleheadset2/ for personal use, with bug fixes...
Removed call detection features and on-boot settings. Supports both headphones and headsets. Playing music to bluetooth when headphone/headset plugged in is now possible.
This app just tells Android to pretend as if the headphone is not plugged in even though it is.
Icon with Android asset studio + Tango icon theme + GIMP
If headphone/headset is plugged in with bluetooth A2DP attachment, the volume control might be either bluetooth media or the ordinary media audiostream. That's Android getting confused about where the music is actually being played, because this app pulls the rug from underneath it.
If you have a HTC device with a self-toggling headphone jack, the widget will be updating itself too much.
The way this app works results in conditional unpredictable behavior, particularly with phone calls. Hence, this app is alpha and will stay that way.
Should probably merge this into another app someday, but for now it's useful for various things...
HDMI not tested, don't have the equipment
* * *
A review indicates that this allows the use of the integrated speakers with 1seg (ワンセグ) on the KDDI HTC J One.
There is also a pro version of this app in the market. Plug In Launcher PRO includes wifi and bluetooth connectivity support, and also "extra actions" of toggling bluetooth, wifi, and ringer mode.
Tired before bed and want the Alarm clock app to launch when you plug it in to charge? Go ahead and plug it in... AND ITS THERE!
Out on a run and want to quickly launch one of your music player apps? just plug in your headphones and have it automatically press play!
Want to launch wifi tethering when you connect to your computer? DONE!
Once installed, specify which applications you want to launch when the respected cables are connected.
The Power and Usb capabilities are determined based on the new toggle button preference in their tabs. The Headset capabilities require a small service that is ran in the background. It is not running if the status is off.
RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED -- start up headset service after reboot (if status is on)
DISABLE_KEYGUARD -- unlocking screen
WAKE_LOCK --- waking up screen on headset connect
NOTE: If you install on the SD card, The headset capabilities will not work if the SD card is mounted. (please turn status off and on again when moving app between phone and SD)
Graphics provided by Adrian Lunsong.
I cannot reply to comments. Please email me to receive a reply.
- fully customizable sound Profiles
- setup Volumes, Bluetooth, WiFi, AP (hotspot), Mobile data, Aeroplane mode, Call forwarding, Screen brightness and Ringtones
- mute or raise volume for selected contacts including vibration options
- Volume Lock and Silent mode detection
- automatic launch of selected applications with profile
- switch profiles by Timers, Locations, Calendar, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Speed volume mode and Headphones mode
- 30 Widgets designed for quick and convenient control from your home screen
- various applications and widget skins for perfect harmony with the color and settings of your Android
- low energy demand on battery
- localized in 13 languages: ENG, SPA, POR, FRE, GER, RUS, KOR, CHI, JPN, ITA, POL, CZE, SLO
PROFILES BY TIMERS
Are you tired of adjusting the volumes manually? With a SVC+, you can schedule the activation of profiles using timers.
Are you sick of muting the ringer at night, restoring it in the morning, or even turning the WiFi or Mobile data on and off? SVC+ can do it for you.
PROFILES BY LOCATIONS
Add your favorite places and let the application switch profiles according to your current location.
Do you use Bluetooth and Mobile data on your way to work, and then in the office, you need to enable WiFi instead? Add both the place where you park and the location of your office, and let SVC+ take care of the rest!
PROFILES BY CALENDAR EVENTS
Do you have a busy schedule? Let profiles be switched by the events in your calendar (Gmail, MS Exchange and more). All you need to do is to add profile tag to the title or description of the event.
PROFILES BY WI-FI NETWORKS
With this feature, you can switch profiles when connected to selected Wi-Fi networks. Assign profile "work" to your Wi-Fi network in the office and when the connection is made, your phone will automatically turn to silent mode, e-mail client starts and the ringtones or vibrations will be allowed for your VIP`s only.
PROFILES BY BLUETOOTH DEVICES
Do you like to ride a motorcycle, bike, or exercise and listen to your favorite music? After connecting the Bluetooth headset, you will never need to manually turn on the music player, or Speed volume mode.
SPEED VOLUME MODE
Do you listen to music in public transport? Does it bother you when music is too loud at the bus stop or while driving barely heard? Treat your hearing to better with a SVC+ and Speed volume mode, dynamically adjusting the volume according to the speed at which you are moving.
Do you want to hear music with headphones and be sure that if the headphones were accidentally ripped off, you won't be embarrassed by loud noises from your phone, e.g. in your doctor's waiting room? The headphones mode ensures that the sound is muted when headphones are unplugged. It restores the volume when the headphones are plugged in again.
SILENT MODE DETECTION
Do you wish to take a nap after lunch and don't want to be disturbed for at least half an hour? The SVC+ can detect silent or vibrate mode and offer you an option to automatically increase the volume after selected time.
Application SVC+ was thoroughly tested on all versions of Android up to the latest 4.4 KitKat. It is optimized for tablets too.
If you have a problem or question, you can always contact our technical support: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A lot of answers can be found in help and FAQ: http://smartvolumecontrol.com/en/help-center.
Video tutorials "step by step" are prepared to inspire you here: http://www.smartvolumecontrol.com/tutorials/.