One of the easiest ways to start focusing the mind, and building power and control in the lungs, is through counting the length of time spent on each breath. This simple exercise is easy to pick up, can be applied in a number of situations (either at work, commuting, at the park or in the home).
Welcome to the meditation breath cycle application. This app is designed to help support a person learning the art of meditation through structured breathing. Through increasing awareness of our breathing through simple but powerful timing exercises we are able to more quickly realize some of the many benefits of meditation.
This app comes with several customizable settings – including breath cycle, sounds played during each cycle, and the timing of each breathing exercise (i.e. how many cycles to include in the cycle). More free functionality is planned in the next few months - so be sure to check for updates.
With each breathing cycle there for four parts (length for taking in breath, holding the in breath, taking the outbreath, and holding the outbreath). These fours parts are represented in the cycle period (5,3,5,3) and several cycle options are provided.
This is the first release of this app, which will be going through improvements and revisions over the coming months. Planned revisions / improvements on the horizons include:
Recently added functionality:
1. Ability to save session length and track progress over time
2. More UI customization options, including ability to swipe to increase background appearance
3. Animation to support the breath cycle - visual indicator
4. Ability to change sound playback options
Planned functionality in future releases:
1. Addition of 'free form' meditation timer - i.e. no regulated breath cycles
2. Summary data on recorded sessions - total time meditating, longest session, average session etc
3. Ability to export data on recorded sessions
4. Reference page to more information on Pranayama and timed breathing exercises for meditation
5. Other functionality as suggested by users - please email feedback or review with suggestions!
This app will remain 100% free and add free. Thanks again for using this app and we hope you are nourished by your meditation experiences!!
Key words: meditation, meditation breathing, meditation breath, pranayama, pranayama meditation, breathing meditation, timed meditation, meditation timer.