On its start page, the App shows 18 obejcts which tell the story of America’s image in Germany.
Each individual object can be explored and placed in its historical context with the aid of a timeline. The “hotspots“ on the images open up further opportunities to examine in greater depth with photos, documents, films and songs. This composes a multimedia picture of how the USA has been perceived in Germany since 1945.
The App is designed to whet your appetite for visiting the exhibition. Or to help you discover more after your visit and intensify the experience. But it can also be used independently of a visit. The App is available as a download at the App Store under the title”The American Way“ and – like entrance to the exhibition – is free of charge. Have fun!
This App offers:
- Information about the exhibition “The American Way. Die USA in Deutschland”
- A selection of more than 70 objects, documents, films and songs from the exhibition
- Independent exploration of the items through “hotspots”
- A view of selected three-dimensional exhibits
- Enlargement of all items for detailed viewing
- Timelines to place all items in an historical context
- Addresses, opening hours and link to the Foundation Haus der Geschichte der Bundesrepublik Deutschland and its museums