Mobile phone is a great device and it allows more than communication with others. However, it can become a distraction when you are focus on some other task/s. This is certainly true when one is driving. Statistic has shown that using phone while driving has caused many accidents on the road. As such many countries have introduced legislation to fine driver who use mobile devices while driving.
In most smart phone, there is a function to reject call with message, however it still required human intervention to actually reject call. This Safe Driving app has removed this need. Once the app is configured/activated, an auto message will be sent to the caller immediately when a call is received, this will enable the caller to know that you are currently driving and not able to attend to the phone. The caller can call back later or the user can call him/her when one has stopped driving.
There are others similar series of app for other occasions, similar format for activating the auto messaging. Do check out these free apps and have a collection. If you do find these apps useful, do look out for an advance auto messaging app to be released with more features and convenience for the user.
Brought to you by AppTOMATION
Languages supported : Arabic, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish. Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Swedish, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian and Vietnamese. Please feedback any translation error or suggestion for improvement.
1) Start the app, a splash screen will appear and followed by a menu screen.
2) Select and Start Auto Messaging service, small icon will appear at the notification area. indicating that the service has started.
3) Once service started, any incoming call received will generate a SMS respond to caller
4) The SMS message is "AppToMsg : Sorry! I am driving. Please call back later."
5) To stop the service, just Select and Stop Service. The small icon will disappear from the notification area.
6) To check if the service is running, Select Status.
7) Press "SMS MSG" button to view SMS message
Note : The app relies on incoming caller number to return SMS message. Thus, private number, land/resident line or phone without caller ID will not work with the app.
Distract Shield Free will automatically activate once it detects you going over a set speed and can do the following based on your selections:
1. Silence the phone.
2. Select the speed at which you would like Distract Shield to activate, either in Miles/hour or in Km/hour.
3. Choose whether you want Distract Shield to use your GPS (more accurate) or Network Triangulation (less power) for determining your speed. (Please note Network Triangulation is notoriously inaccurate at times so your mileage may vary when using it). GPS is on for roughly 3% of the time Distract Shield is running, so battery drain should be minimal.
NEW** - Time Mode - Set a date and time you want Distract Shield to automatically turn off.
Distract Shield has been designed to use as little resources as possible while maintaining a watch on your current speed. Once you have gone below the minimum activation speed for 5 minutes, Distract Shield will automatically restore your device to it's original settings.
Get the full version of Distract Shield to also do the following!
1. Automatically respond to texts.
2. Password protection - set a password to prevent stopping and uninstalling of the application.
Activation: Distract Shield will turn on after traveling for around 2 minutes above the activation speed, and will turn off after around 5 minutes of travel ling below the activation speed.