While we rarely initiate texting while driving, most of us feel the urge to check and reply when we hear the ping of an incoming text. A ping of an incoming text triggers a rush of adrenaline that humans find almost impossible to resist.
How it works:
● It is a worry-free app. Turn it On once, it remains always on, unless you manually switch it Off .
● It uses its intelligence, your location and mathematical theories to detect whether you are driving or not.
● This innovative app automatically turns your phone into silent mode when you are driving, seconds after your speed exceeds 25 km/h.
● The App will automatically reply to Incoming texts/calls by a default message notifying senders you are driving (Auto reply text is user customizable).
● This app actually WORKS. It has been tested in both city and Highway driving. It utilizes both GPS and Network location mode (whichever is available).
● When the vehicle stops for 2 minutes, the silent mode becomes deactivated. The App will show number of texts and calls received while driving.
● Incoming phone calls will still be displayed on car screen and can be accessed via hands-free in cars equipped with hands-free function.
● If you are a passenger, you can deactivate your App manually for a period of time you can select from a drop down menu. For safety it will remind you and activate automatically when period lapses.
● This app is effortless and user-friendly. No registration required. No contact information is collected.
● Finally,, an app is designed to shield drivers from distraction for safer driving. No need to turn your phone off to avoid distraction. When your loved ones use this app, rest assured your text will not distract them.
Note: By downloading this app, you consent that you allow the app to set the Ringer Tone to silent and vibration mode to off when the app detects that you are driving. Your settings will return to normal when you stop driving.
Distract Shield Free will automatically activate once it detects you going over a set speed and can do the following based on your selections:
1. Silence the phone.
2. Select the speed at which you would like Distract Shield to activate, either in Miles/hour or in Km/hour.
3. Choose whether you want Distract Shield to use your GPS (more accurate) or Network Triangulation (less power) for determining your speed. (Please note Network Triangulation is notoriously inaccurate at times so your mileage may vary when using it). GPS is on for roughly 3% of the time Distract Shield is running, so battery drain should be minimal.
NEW** - Time Mode - Set a date and time you want Distract Shield to automatically turn off.
Distract Shield has been designed to use as little resources as possible while maintaining a watch on your current speed. Once you have gone below the minimum activation speed for 5 minutes, Distract Shield will automatically restore your device to it's original settings.
Get the full version of Distract Shield to also do the following!
1. Automatically respond to texts.
2. Password protection - set a password to prevent stopping and uninstalling of the application.
Activation: Distract Shield will turn on after traveling for around 2 minutes above the activation speed, and will turn off after around 5 minutes of travel ling below the activation speed.