Our Beta version includes the following features:
Remote Record: Record Freeview TV shows or whole series at the touch of a button to your YouView+ box where ever you are
TV Guide: Full 7 day forward and backwards TV Guide listings
TV Reminders: Set reminders for your favourite TV shows with 15 minute warnings before the broadcast begins, sent directly to your device
My Subscriptions: Once you sign in on your home Wifi view the listings for the channels you are subscribed to. You can even create your own favourite channels list
On Demand: View the listings for all on demand Movies and TV shows available in the TalkTalk Player
Watchlists: Create your own personal wishlist of on demand TV and Film which you can view in the TalkTalk Player
Trailers: Watch trailers for the latest Movies on demand
Cast And Crew Linking: Find more shows available now from your favourite actor or director by selecting their name on screen
My TV: View what you've added to your Watchlist and what remote records or reminders you've set
Homescreen: Select the home icon to view a today's recommended TV
10 inch tablet design: A brand new design for 10 inch devices
Setting up remote record:
To set remote records you need to pair your device to your YouView+ box.
Step 1: On the app visit settings and select remote record pairing. Follow the on screen instructions and you will be asked to enter a connection code.
Step 2: Now on your YouView+ box go to settings, select device management followed by mobile devices and select connect device. You’ll see a connection code presented on screen.
Step 3: Enter this code into your app (not case sensitive) and you will see a successful connection message. You can now set remote records from your TalkTalk TV app and can add up to 5 devices per YouView box.
Remember: Your YouView+ box needs to be connected to the internet for remote record.
Setting up your Watchlist:
To add programmes to your Watchlist and see a list of subscribed channels on app requires sign in using your TalkTalk PIN (sign in on your home Wifi). Once signed in you can save on demand programmes to your Watchlist to view later on your YouView box in the TalkTalk Player.
Step 1: Sign in on the app by going to settings and select sign in. Make sure you are on your home Wifi connection, the same as your YouView box.
Step 2: Add programmes to your Watchlist on the TalkTalk TV app by visiting on demand, selecting a programme followed by the blue star icon and add it to your Watchlist.
Step 3: To view the programmes you save to your Watchlist in the TalkTalk Player requires the latest software on your YouView box. Make sure you are up to date by going to settings on your YouView box, select device management followed by update on demand players.
Step 4: Now press the TalkTalk button on your remote and from the homescreen scroll right to Watchlist where you can see the programmes you have saved. Select one to start watching. We will always ask for a TalkTalk PIN to be entered on screen if the programme requires payment.
Remember: Your YouView box needs to be connected to your broadband router using TalkTalk Powerline Adapters or an Ethernet cable otherwise you will not be able to update the software or access services BBC iPlayer, 4oD and the TalkTalk Player.
For full instructions on how to use the app please visit: http://talktalk.co.uk/tvhelp
Find out more about TalkTalk TV by visiting: https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/
Please feedback to us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the current channel line up consists of a selection of channels from certain boosts. Currently there are no Freeview channels available in the app.
Pause here, pick up there - Start watching on your TV and finish on your smartphone or tablet
Even more flexibility - Watch on two devices over Wi-FI plus your YouView box at the same time
Continuous playback - Watch your boxset episodes back to back without interuption
Keep the little ones safe - Set your level of parental controls for each device
Plan your viewing - Save on demand shows to your watchlist to feast on later
Sign in on your home Wi-Fi - Simple sign in using your home Wi-Fi (the same as your YouView box)
Supported software and device list
At launch the following software and devices are supported:
Samsung S3 mini
Samsung S4 mini
Samsung Tab 3 7”
On the following software versions:
The app has been tested and optimised for the following devices running Android version 4.2 and higher:
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S5
Google Nexus 7, 2013
Google Nexus 7, 2012
Tesco Hudl, 1st Gen
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 7”
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 8”
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1”
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1”
Devices running on operating systems 4.1 and below will be able to access an older version of the ITV Player app.
Why not let us know what you think? We’d really appreciate you getting in touch with our Customer Support team: email@example.com.
TVCatchup is only available to people living within the UK that have a valid UK TV licence.
Watch live TV with the convenience of a simple app. Browse a wide range of channels in the TV Guide and find out what's on in the next 24 hours.
Share your thoughts about what you're watching with your mates via twitter, Facebook or email.
Great for watching sport, news, soaps, comedy, films, music, and children's TV.
All logos, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We support a wide range of devices. However, we are aware that some phones and tablets currently experience problems playing 4oD, and will address this as soon as possible.
Please note – Due to Channel 4’s agreements with programme owners, rooted devices are not supported.
- Watch an ever-expanding collection of programmes from Channel 4, E4 and More4
- Streaming accessible over WiFi and mobile data
- Shorts: Enjoy original, bite-sized shows from Channel 4
- Huge 30-day catch-up window
- Free box sets of classic Channel 4 shows
- Download programmes over WiFi in UK and Ireland to watch offline or abroad
4oD is a free app, and our content is free to watch because we are a commercially funded public service broadcaster. As a publicly owned, not-for-profit organisation, the revenue we make from advertising doesn’t go to shareholders; it goes back into making more programmes.
Using Chromecast or outputting from a device to a TV requires specific rights, which we don't currently have for all of our programmes. As our rights come up for renewal this is something we are seeking to address wherever possible.
Message from Channel 4:
- Watch live TV
- Catch up on the past 30 days
- Watch on Wi-Fi and cellular networks
- Download TV programmes to watch later (on devices running Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
- Browse Categories and Channels
- Cast content to your TV using Chromecast
We know some Android KitKat users are having issues playing downloaded programmes. We're treating these issues very seriously and have raised them with Google who, so far, haven't been able to provide a fix of KitKat. We're continuing to work with Google on this and hope the issues will be fixed soon.
However, Google have been able to fix the downloads stuttering issue in Android Lollipop (5.0), so be sure to update your Operating System when prompted.
We’ve developed the BBC Media Player app to improve video streaming playback on Android devices. You’ll need to install this separately from the Google Play Store.
To make installation of the BBC Media Player as easy as possible, BBC iPlayer will prompt you to install it when you first play a streamed programme.
The BBC iPlayer app uses standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The permissions the BBC iPlayer Android app asks to use are:
"Read the contents of your USB storage" & "Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage"
This permission is used to store downloaded programmes. The application must be able to write, read and delete these files.
Device ID & Call Information
"Read phone status and identity"
This permission is used to read the Android "Device ID". This is an anonymous ID that cannot be used to identify the user and is not used to track the user. It is used by iPlayer's content protection system to ensure that downloaded programmes can only be played on the device that downloaded them. iPlayer does not use this permission to determine the device phone number, whether a call is active, or the remote number in a connected call.
Other permissions (not explicitly mentioned when installing BBC iPlayer, as they are more general to most apps):
"Prevent phone from sleeping"
This permission is used by two features: Downloads & Chromecast.
While downloading a programme, the application prevents the system from sleeping when the device is locked, so the download can continue. This is only active while a download is in progress.
While "casting" a programme to a compatible receiver like Google's Chromecast, the application stops the system from fully sleeping when the phone is locked. This stops the application losing connection with the receiver so the phone can continue to control playback.
"Full network access"
iPlayer needs access to the internet to download programmes, schedules and information about programmes and configuration, and to send usage statistics.
"View network connections"
This permission lets iPlayer determine whether a network connection is available before accessing the network, and provide better error messages when it can’t retrieve data.
iPlayer also determines what type of network connection is in use (Wi-Fi or Cellular) for the Downloads feature. Downloads are enabled when connected to a Wi-Fi network. On a cellular network, downloads are disabled/paused.
"Test access to protected storage"
This allows the app to check if there is space on your device to download programmes.
To give you with the best experience, certain details like your Search History and Favourites may be stored on your device or securely on BBC servers.
To analyse and improve the app, it also uses technologies similar to performance cookies used by the BBC. You can alter your settings for this on your device. For more information about this and privacy, cookies and iPlayer more generally, visit the BBC iPlayer privacy FAQ page at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/app_privacy, or the BBC’s Privacy & Cookies site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
It gives you the power to plan and manage how and what to watch on TV, as well as control your TV sets using your phone or tablet. And best of all, it's free.
With the Freesat App you can
• See 7 days of TV LISTINGS for over 200 free TV and radio channels
• Catch up on the last 7 days of TV with our Roll Back TV Guide.
• Find great shows to watch On TV and On Demand with SHOWCASE RECOMMENDATIONS
• SEARCH by programme across TV listings or On Demand to easily find the show you want to watch
And when you link it to a Freetime box you can also:
• RECORD ON THE GO so you never miss a show
• TURN YOUR PHONE OR TABLET INTO A REMOTE CONTROL so you can pause, play, fast forward, rewind and change channel
• LAUNCH ON DEMAND PROGRAMMING STRAIGHT TO YOUR TV
Presently this app does not support Chromecast.
● This app provides a free catch up service for a wide selection of Channel 5 shows and archive programmes.
● To ensure you are provided with the best viewing experience, this application requires Wifi.
● You will need Android OS version 3.0 (“Honeycomb”) or above to use this application.
● Rights restrictions around content mean that not all programmes can be made available.
● This application can only be used within the UK.
The Demand 5 App currently supports operation on
● Samsung Galaxy
● HTC One mini
● Tesco Hudl
● Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch
● Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 -inch
● LG Optimus
● Motorola Xoom
● Nexus 10
● Nexus 5
● Nexus 7
● Sony Xperia T
● Sony Xperia U
● Sony Xperia Z
● Versus TouchTab 9.7 inch
Once you have downloaded this application, continue to use your favourite BBC websites and apps on your Android device as normal. Whenever you play any video or audio the BBC Media Player will launch and handle playback of the content.
You may notice that when you install the app it asks you for permission to access your phone's network communication, phone calls, and system tools.
These are standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The 3 permissions the BBC Media Player app asks to use are:
• Network Communication - full internet access.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with access to the internet so it can play programmes.
• Phone Calls - read phone state and identity.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with phone communication status and notifies the application if the phone rings or a phone call is in progress. We only use this permission to ensure that the BBC Media Player pauses if you receive a phone call and temporarily reduces its audio when you receive a txt message while watching a programme. The BBC Media Player app does not access or store any personal information, phone numbers or IMEI numbers.
• System tools - preventing phone from sleeping, retrieve running applications.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with the ability to prevent the phone going to sleep when you are watching a programme.
Sky Go Extra lets Sky TV customers download popular TV shows and movies via Wi-Fi to watch on up to four devices. The content available for download depends on your Sky TV subscription. Downloading via Wi-Fi also means that you don’t have to worry about using up your monthly data allowance from your mobile phone provider.
Enjoy TV from Sky on selected Android smartphones and tablets wherever you are in the UK or Ireland with a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
SKY GO - KEY FEATURES
* Our on demand catalogue includes over 1000 movies, hundreds of entertainment programmes and a great range of kids shows
* Watch up to 72 live TV channels depending on your subscription
* All Sky Sports channels including Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports 5 and British Eurosport
* All 11 Sky Movies Channels
* Sky Atlantic, Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1 and Sky News
* Eight Kids channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel
* Register up to 2 devices
* Watch on up to 2 devices at the same time (streaming)
Sky TV customers can continue to enjoy the great benefits of Sky Go at no extra cost to your monthly subscription.
SKY GO EXTRA – ADDITIONAL FEATURES
* Download selected On Demand content depending on your Sky TV subscription
* Watch downloaded content anywhere, even without Wi-Fi or 3G/4G
* Register up to 4 devices
* Watch on up to 2 devices at the same time (streaming)
Sky TV customers can upgrade to enjoy the great additional benefits of Sky Go Extra for just £5 (or €6) extra per month. More information at: www.sky.com/skygo
Watching Sky Go on your smartphone through a 3G/4G connection will use data and contribute to the monthly allowance set by your mobile network operator. Exceeding this could result in significant charges. For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Sky Go is not supported on rooted devices.
How do I sign in?
To start enjoying Sky Go you need a Sky iD username and password which you can set up at skygo.com/signup
How much does Sky Go/Sky Go Extra cost?
Sky Go is available to Sky TV customers at no extra cost but what you'll be able to watch depends on your Sky TV subscription. Sky Go Extra is for Sky TV customers only and costs £5 (or €6) extra per month.
What are the streaming requirements?
We recommend a minimum continuous bandwidth of 1MBps to access high quality streams.
What download restrictions are there?
Sky Go Extra users can download selected Sky Go content via Wi-Fi. 2 downloads per programme. Content is deleted 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than 30 days after download.
Sky Go is supported on a range of Android devices running on 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0 operating systems. For a full list of supported devices visit: www.sky.com/skygo
The service is available in the UK and Ireland. Mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges apply. Contact your Network Operator for further information.
Additional information: Available to residential customers in the UK or Ireland only. Some programmes from live Sky TV channels are unavailable via Sky Go. Further terms apply.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy
Watch & Record over 200 LIVE TV Channels for free in SD
Watch & Record 500 VOD Channels for free in SD
Choose from 45 000 Videos On Demand
Watch LIVE local TV for free!
Watch over 200 LIVE TV Channels for free in SD
Watch over 500 VOD Channels for free in SD
We host over 45,000 video on demand titles that have been cleared for worldwide distribution. We refresh these shows every few seconds which include hit titles such as Entertainment Tonight, TMZ Live, The Best of UFC, The Soup and many more. These are all from providers like CNN,
MHL stands for Mobile High-Definition Link technology which allows you to display your smartphone’s content to a larger screen, all while charging your smartphone. TV mobile app stream HD movies and TV shows from your mobile phone to any big screen TV or monitor for the total kick back and relax experience. MHL also allows you to play mobile games with no lag, work from any location, stream TV and movies in HD, and experience your favorite music with immersive surround sound
• Watch Network American (USA), UK, German, French, Asian, Canadian, Russian channels live!
• No need to pay any charge
• No need to have “Adobe Flash Player”
• No sign-up required
• Updating channels automatically
• Easy to use interface
• Wide range of channel list
• Use any network - Wi-Fi,3G or 4G
• No need to use satellites
• Just use your android device, mobile phone, tablet, etc.
• Also, you can connect these devices to TV sets so as to watch the channels on TV
Plus, you can feast on back-to-back episodes of hit shows like Lizard Lick Towing and Raiders of the Lost Past, not to mention our own staff picks and top recommendations from celebs. We've also put together themed programme collections for when you're in the mood for a certain type of thing, whether that's US reality shows or true crime documentaries or… well, there’s just too many collections to list here. Download the app for free and see what tickles your fancy.
The UKTV Play app is best enjoyed on Android 4.3 and 4.4.
- Discover catchup content in the backwards EPG
- Pair with your YouView+ set top box for remote recording
- Enjoy watching a selection of BT TV channels in and out of the home
What you need to know
- Before you start watching on the app you’ll need to add “TV Everywhere with Extra Box” to your BT TV subscription.
- You’ll need a BTID username and password linked to your BT TV account.
- You can only stream channels from within the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man.
- You’ll need an active “BT TV with Extra Box” subscription in order to access content using this app.
- You may need to download 3rd party software to link straight to catch up content.
- You may stream content on two of your devices.
- There might be mobile network and wi-fi charges when you use this app.
- We are working hard in order to support Android Lollipop, until then devices with Lollipop installed are unsupported.
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SMART SERIES LINK - Record the current and the future series of a TV show at the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• NEW & RECOMMENDED – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start or browse through Showcase to see the best of on demand TV shows and movies
• SPORTS – Browse all the sports channels as well as all upcoming live sporting events and set your Sky+HD box to record or to remind you when it starts
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same Wi-Fi network as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV
• PHOTOS – View photos from your phone or tablet on the TV so the whole family can see those special moments
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Smart Series Link and photo viewing are only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're experiencing problems connecting your Sky+ app to your Sky+HD box when using the BT Home Hub router, please visit the following link for more information: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46134
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.
• Streaming 50 channels in UK and US
• Discover shows and movies on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, Showtime, Youtube and more.
• Full TV listings
• See YO.TV user ratings for films, episodes, and series, or rate them yourself.
• Flag your favorite shows to see when they'll be on next. Search for shows and films.
• Share what you're watching with your friends via e-mail, Facebook or Twitter.
• Get more information for a show or film from Wikipedia, IMDb or Google, built right into the app.
• Available in 16 languages with TV listings for 60 countries - you'll never need another guide.
We'd love to know what you think – let us know from within the settings screen of the app.
Tip: The app works fastest on a WiFi connection
Languages: Chinese Simplified Danish Dutch English (UK) English (US) Finnish French (FR) French (CA) German Italian Norwegian Polish Portuguese Spanish (ES) Spanish (MX) Swedish