Please note the current channel line up consists of a selection of channels from certain boosts. Currently there are no Freeview channels available in the app.
Pause here, pick up there - Start watching on your TV and finish on your smartphone or tablet
Even more flexibility - Watch on two devices over Wi-FI plus your YouView box at the same time
Continuous playback - Watch your boxset episodes back to back without interuption
Keep the little ones safe - Set your level of parental controls for each device
Plan your viewing - Save on demand shows to your watchlist to feast on later
Sign in on your home Wi-Fi - Simple sign in using your home Wi-Fi (the same as your YouView box)
Supported software and device list
At launch the following software and devices are supported:
Samsung S3 mini
Samsung S4 mini
Samsung Note 2
Samsung Note 3
Samsung Tab 3 7"
HTC one m7
HTC one m8
On the following software versions:
TVCatchup is only available to people living within the UK that have a valid UK TV licence.
Watch live TV with the convenience of a simple app. Browse a wide range of channels in the TV Guide and find out what's on in the next 24 hours.
Share your thoughts about what you're watching with your mates via twitter, Facebook or email.
Great for watching sport, news, soaps, comedy, films, music, and children's TV.
All logos, trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The app has been tested and optimised for Android version 4.2 and higher. Devices running on operating systems 4.1 and below will be able to access an older version of the ITV Player app.
Why not let us know what you think? We’d really appreciate you getting in touch with our Customer Support team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
It gives you the power to plan and manage how and what to watch on TV, as well as control your TV sets using your phone or tablet. And best of all, it's free.
With the Freesat App you can
• See 7 days of TV LISTINGS for over 200 free TV and radio channels
• Catch up on the last 7 days of TV with our Roll Back TV Guide.
• Find great shows to watch On TV and On Demand with SHOWCASE RECOMMENDATIONS
• SEARCH by programme across TV listings or On Demand to easily find the show you want to watch
And when you link it to a Freetime box you can also:
• RECORD ON THE GO so you never miss a show
• TURN YOUR PHONE OR TABLET INTO A REMOTE CONTROL so you can pause, play, fast forward, rewind and change channel
• LAUNCH ON DEMAND PROGRAMMING STRAIGHT TO YOUR TV
For any feedback, or if you need any help, please contact www.channel4.com/contact.
Please note – Due to Channel 4’s agreements with programme owners, rooted devices are not supported.
- Watch an ever-expanding collection of programmes from Channel 4, E4 and More4
- Streaming accessible over WiFi and mobile data
- Shorts: Enjoy original, bite-sized shows from Channel 4
- Huge 30-day catch-up window
- Free box sets of classic Channel 4 shows
- Download programmes over WiFi in UK and Ireland to watch offline or abroad
All 4 is a free app, and our content is free to watch because we are a commercially funded public service broadcaster. As a publicly owned, not-for-profit organisation, the revenue we make from advertising doesn’t go to shareholders; it goes back into making more programmes.
Using Chromecast or outputting from a device to a TV requires specific rights, which we don't currently have for all of our programmes. As our rights come up for renewal this is something we are seeking to address wherever possible.
Message from Channel 4:
- Watch live TV
- Catch up on the past 30 days
- Watch on Wi-Fi and cellular networks
- Download TV programmes to watch later (on devices running Android OS Ice Cream Sandwich and above)
- Browse Categories and Channels
- Cast content to your TV using Chromecast
- Share your Favourites across other devices with a BBC iD account
We’ve developed the BBC Media Player app to improve video streaming playback on Android devices. You’ll need to install this separately from the Google Play Store.
To make installation of the BBC Media Player as easy as possible, BBC iPlayer will prompt you to install it when you first play a streamed programme.
The BBC iPlayer app uses standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The permissions the BBC iPlayer Android app asks to use are:
"Read the contents of your USB storage" & "Modify or delete the contents of your USB storage"
This permission is used to store downloaded programmes. The application must be able to write, read and delete these files.
Device ID & Call Information
"Read phone status and identity"
This permission is used to read the Android "Device ID". This is an anonymous ID that cannot be used to identify the user and is not used to track the user. It is used by iPlayer's content protection system to ensure that downloaded programmes can only be played on the device that downloaded them. iPlayer does not use this permission to determine the device phone number, whether a call is active, or the remote number in a connected call.
Other permissions (not explicitly mentioned when installing BBC iPlayer, as they are more general to most apps):
"Prevent phone from sleeping"
This permission is used by two features: Downloads & Chromecast.
While downloading a programme, the application prevents the system from sleeping when the device is locked, so the download can continue. This is only active while a download is in progress.
While "casting" a programme to a compatible receiver like Google's Chromecast, the application stops the system from fully sleeping when the phone is locked. This stops the application losing connection with the receiver so the phone can continue to control playback.
"Full network access"
iPlayer needs access to the internet to download programmes, schedules and information about programmes and configuration, and to send usage statistics.
"View network connections"
This permission lets iPlayer determine whether a network connection is available before accessing the network, and provide better error messages when it can’t retrieve data.
iPlayer also determines what type of network connection is in use (Wi-Fi or Cellular) for the Downloads feature. Downloads are enabled when connected to a Wi-Fi network. On a cellular network, downloads are disabled/paused.
"Test access to protected storage"
This allows the app to check if there is space on your device to download programmes.
To give you with the best experience, certain details like your Search History and Favourites may be stored on your device or securely on BBC servers.
To analyse and improve the app, it also uses technologies similar to performance cookies used by the BBC. You can alter your settings for this on your device. For more information about this and privacy, cookies and iPlayer more generally, visit the BBC iPlayer privacy FAQ page at http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/tv/app_privacy, or the BBC’s Privacy & Cookies site at http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/
The app was developed by Media AT (Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Company).
Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: http://data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235.
Presently this app does not support Chromecast.
● This app provides a free catch up service for a wide selection of Channel 5 shows and archive programmes.
● To ensure you are provided with the best viewing experience, this application requires Wifi.
● You will need Android OS version 3.0 (“Honeycomb”) or above to use this application.
● Rights restrictions around content mean that not all programmes can be made available.
● This application can only be used within the UK.
The Demand 5 App currently supports operation on
● Samsung Galaxy
● HTC One mini
● Tesco Hudl
● Kindle Fire HDX 7-inch
● Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 -inch
● LG Optimus
● Motorola Xoom
● Nexus 10
● Nexus 5
● Nexus 7
● Sony Xperia T
● Sony Xperia U
● Sony Xperia Z
● Versus TouchTab 9.7 inch
Sky Go Extra lets Sky TV customers download popular TV shows and movies via Wi-Fi to watch on up to four devices. The content available for download depends on your Sky TV subscription. Downloading via Wi-Fi also means that you don’t have to worry about using up your monthly data allowance from your mobile phone provider.
Enjoy TV from Sky on selected Android smartphones and tablets wherever you are in the UK or Ireland with a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
SKY GO - KEY FEATURES
* Our on demand catalogue includes over 1000 movies, hundreds of entertainment programmes and a great range of kids shows
* Watch up to 72 live TV channels depending on your subscription
* All Sky Sports channels including Sky Sports F1, Sky Sports 5 and British Eurosport
* All 11 Sky Movies Channels
* Sky Atlantic, Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Arts 1 and Sky News
* Eight Kids channels including Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney Channel
* Register up to 2 devices
* Watch on up to 2 devices at the same time (streaming)
Sky TV customers can continue to enjoy the great benefits of Sky Go at no extra cost to your monthly subscription.
SKY GO EXTRA – ADDITIONAL FEATURES
* Download selected On Demand content depending on your Sky TV subscription
* Watch downloaded content anywhere, even without Wi-Fi or 3G/4G
* Register up to 4 devices
* Watch on up to 2 devices at the same time (streaming)
Sky TV customers can upgrade to enjoy the great additional benefits of Sky Go Extra for just £5 (or €6) extra per month. More information at: www.sky.com/skygo
Watching Sky Go on your smartphone through a 3G/4G connection will use data and contribute to the monthly allowance set by your mobile network operator. Exceeding this could result in significant charges. For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners Sky Go is not supported on rooted devices.
How do I sign in?
To start enjoying Sky Go you need a Sky iD username and password which you can set up at skygo.com/signup
How much does Sky Go/Sky Go Extra cost?
Sky Go is available to Sky TV customers at no extra cost but what you'll be able to watch depends on your Sky TV subscription. Sky Go Extra is for Sky TV customers only and costs £5 (or €6) extra per month.
What are the streaming requirements?
We recommend a minimum continuous bandwidth of 1MBps to access high quality streams.
What download restrictions are there?
Sky Go Extra users can download selected Sky Go content via Wi-Fi. 2 downloads per programme. Content is deleted 48 hours after viewing starts or no later than 30 days after download.
Sky Go is supported on a range of Android devices running on 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 and 5.0 operating systems. For a full list of supported devices visit: www.sky.com/skygo
The service is available in the UK and Ireland. Mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges apply. Contact your Network Operator for further information.
Additional information: Available to residential customers in the UK or Ireland only. Some programmes from live Sky TV channels are unavailable via Sky Go. Further terms apply.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://help.sky.com/articles/sky-privacy-and-cookies-notice
Once you have downloaded this application, continue to use your favourite BBC websites and apps on your Android device as normal. Whenever you play any video or audio the BBC Media Player will launch and handle playback of the content.
Users of Samsung Galaxy devices - especially the S5 and Note 4 - may be unable to play content after the upgrade to Android Lollipop (5.x), and may find that the BBC Media Player app crashes after a few seconds. This was due to a bug in the Samsung firmware which has now been fixed. Please ensure you update to the latest version of firmware for your device (eg, for the Galaxy S5 the version must be at least G900FXXU1BOC7).
You may notice that when you install the app it asks you for permission to access your phone's network communication, phone calls, and system tools.
These are standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The 3 permissions the BBC Media Player app asks to use are:
• Network Communication - full internet access.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with access to the internet so it can play programmes.
• Phone Calls - read phone state and identity.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with phone communication status and notifies the application if the phone rings or a phone call is in progress. We only use this permission to ensure that the BBC Media Player pauses if you receive a phone call and temporarily reduces its audio when you receive a txt message while watching a programme. The BBC Media Player app does not access or store any personal information, phone numbers or IMEI numbers.
• System tools - preventing phone from sleeping, retrieve running applications.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with the ability to prevent the phone going to sleep when you are watching a programme.
Get the free app as a part of your Netflix membership and you can instantly watch thousands of TV episodes & movies on your phone.
If you are not a Netflix member sign up for Netflix and start enjoying immediately on your phone with our one-month free trial.
How does Netflix work?
• Netflix membership gives you access to unlimited TV shows and movies for one low monthly price.
• With the Netflix app you can instantly watch as many TV episodes & movies as you want, as often as you want, anytime you want.
• You can Browse a growing selection of thousands of titles, and new episodes that are added regularly.
• Search for titles and watch immediately on your phone or on an ever expanding list of supported devices.
• Rate your favorite shows and movies and tell us what you like so Netflix can help suggest the best titles for you.
• Start watching on one device, and resume watching on another. Check out netflix.com for all the TVs, game consoles, tablets, phones, Blu-ray players and set top boxes on which you can watch Netflix.
By clicking INSTALL, you consent to the installation of the Netflix application and any updates or upgrades thereto.
1-month free Netflix membership offer is available to first time and certain former members and cannot be combined with any other offer. Internet access and valid payment method are required to redeem offer. Netflix will begin to bill your payment method for the Netflix membership fee at the end of the free month unless you cancel prior to the end of the first month. Your Netflix membership is a month-to-month subscription that you can cancel at any time. Go to "Your Account" on the Netflix website for cancellation instructions. No refund or credit for partial monthly subscription periods. The Netflix service is only available in the country where you originally signed up. A device that streams from Netflix (manufactured and sold separately) and broadband Internet connection are required to watch instantly.
For complete terms and conditions, please visit http://www.netflix.com/TermsOfUse
With the Sky Movies Month Pass you can get a 30 day free trial and feast on the latest movies you missed at the cinema. With over 1,000 movies available on demand and 16 new premieres added every month there’s something for everyone to enjoy.
Get the latest TV shows on 13 channels you won’t find on Freeview with the Entertainment Month Pass. Watch live, catch up on missed episodes and programmes that were first shown up to 30 day ago or get stuck into over 250 box sets from the start for just £6.99 a month.
Only pay for the days you want to watch with a Sky Sports Day or Week pass. Get yours today and watch the biggest football, cricket and rugby matches live on Sky Sports from just £6.99 on all 7 Sky Sports channels.
NOWTV on your Android Device wherever you are in the UK with a Wi-Fi or 3G/4G connection.
* Over 1,000 of the latest movies on demand & up to 16 new premieres added every month with a Sky Movies Month Pass.
* Must-see TV shows and programmes on 13 channels you won’t find on Freeview including Comedy Central, Sky Atlantic, FOX and Sky1 with an Entertainment Month Pass.
* Watch live on all 7 Sky Sports channels live with a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass.
Recommended device specifications
• Android 4.0 or above
• 1.0 Ghz
• 1GB RAM
• 480x800 Screen Resolution
NOW TV is compatible with the many Android tablets that are 7” or larger and running Android 4.0 or later.
For more information, please visit nowtv.com
How do I start?
All you need to start watching your shows is a NOW TV account with an active Sky Movies Month Pass, Entertainment Month Pass or Sky Sports Pass. You can create an account and purchase a pass at nowtv.com.
Mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges apply. Contact your Network Operator for further information.
NOW TV / Sky UK does not supported video playback on rooted Android Devices.
This is because if a device is identified as being “rooted”, we can’t guarantee to our content partners’ satisfaction that the programmes, shows and movies can be protected from copying or illegal distribution.
For those that aren’t aware, rooting is a process where the user gets complete control over the Android operating system files and configuration. Some devices may be identified as ‘rooted’ if the manufacturer has enabled root access by default.
Additional information: Available to residential customers in the UK only. Not all programmes available on live channels or catch up. Further terms apply.
Legals: 18+. UK only. Sky Movies Pass: Fees apply after Free Trial. Sky Movies Pass automatically renews at £9.99 a month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time. Sports Passes: Each Sky Sports Day Pass costs £6.99. Each Sky Sports Week Pass costs £10.99. Viewing period ends either 24 hours or 7 days after you first watch, depending on pass purchased. Entertainment Month Pass: £6.99 a month unless cancelled and you can stop renewal at any time. Sky Sports Day Pass and Sky Sports Week Pass pricing available for limited time only and until 27 November 2014.
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://watch.nowtv.com/privacy.
To find out the latest must-see programmes visit: http://www.nowtv.com/
For help visit the Now TV help desk: http://help.nowtv.com/
To register visit: http://www.nowtv.com/promo/signinjoin/
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their Android device and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
Access many of the UK’s most watched channels, across genres including entertainment, music, kids, lifestyle, news and desi:
- Entertainment: BBC One, BBC Two, ITV 1, Channel 4, FIVE, Dave, Really, Yesterday, Drama, BBC Three, BBC Four, BBC Red Button, BBC Parliament, 4Music, Food Network and Travel Channel
- Music: Kiss, Kerrang!, The Box, Smash Hits, Magic, heat, Capital, Heart, NOW, Planet Pop, Clubland, AKA
- Kids: CBBC and CBeebies
- Lifestyle: Fashion One and Fashion TV
- News: BBC News, Russia Today, Al Jazeera and Euro News
- Desi: Sony SAB, Colors, Rishtey, Zing, &tv and Aaj Tak
More channels coming in 2014!
TVPlayer offers you the following great features:
- Free to use
- Now and Next to see what’s on
- Programme descriptions
- Browse channels within the player whilst watching another channel
- Fully optimised adaptive streaming across both Wi-Fi and 3G + 4G
Visit tvplayer.com for more info.
Catchup on the latest live news and TV with TVPlayer.
Your network operator may charge for data/internet usage. Please consult your network operator for more information about your data usage plan.
TVPlayer is available to individuals in the United Kingdom.
Please note, where required TVPlayer has agreements with channels that sometimes require us to black-out certain programmes.
We have just released this app. Some channels may be temporarily unavailable. Check back regularly to find new channels and even more new features to catchup on.
- Full TV guide for every channel on Freeview, including the HD channels
- Offline mode. Downloaded programme content is still available when you don’t have a signal
- Personalised recommendations, based on your preferences
- Alerts/reminders for programmes
- Share functions and ability to view most active TV show discussions on Twitter
- Latest news from Freeview
The key features:
• HOMEPAGE – The new Homepage makes exploring a world of entertainment easier and faster with all of your TV & Movies options in one place
• TV GUIDE – Browse what’s on TV and set your Sky+HD box to record any show when you’re at home or on the move
• SMART SERIES LINK - Record the current and the future series of a TV show at the touch of a button
• CATCH UP TV - Find the shows you’ve missed at no extra cost and download them to your Sky+HD box
• TV BOX SETS – Dive into complete series of the latest and greatest shows and download them to your Sky+HD box
• NEW & RECOMMENDED – Find the latest TV shows and catch up from the start or browse through Showcase to see the best of on demand TV shows and movies
• SPORTS – Browse all the sports channels as well as all upcoming live sporting events and set your Sky+HD box to record or to remind you when it starts
• SKY MOVIES ON DEMAND - Browse hundreds of movies, with new premieres added every week and download them to your Sky+HD box
• SKY STORE – Choose from a wide selection of movies to rent and download them to your Sky+HD box from anywhere
• FAVOURITES – Create your own TV Guide by saving your favourite channels
• SEARCH - By title, actor, channel, sport and lots more
And when you’re at home with the Sky+ app on the same Wi-Fi network as your Sky+HD box, you’ll also get:
• PLANNER – Manage all of your recordings in your Planner without interrupting your TV viewing. Delete a programme you no longer want or just press Watch and it will start playing on your TV
• PHOTOS – View photos from your phone or tablet on the TV so the whole family can see those special moments
• RECORDING HELP - When several programmes you want to record clash, the app will suggest a solution
• REMOTE CONTROL - Play, pause, fast forward, rewind, change the channel and turn your box on and off. All from the app without the need for the remote control
To use the enhanced features you will need a compatible Sky+HD box and have your device and Sky+HD box connected to the same broadband network either with a wired or wireless connection. Please see the Help section of the app for more details.
In order to Record and Download programmes to your Sky+HD box you will need to register your Sky iD with the service at sky.com/remoterecord and simply follow the instructions.
Smart Series Link and photo viewing are only available to customers with a compatible Sky+HD box.
All recordings are FREE, however mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
If you need help with setting up or using the Sky+ app please go to our help forum sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via email@example.com
If you're experiencing problems connecting your Sky+ app to your Sky+HD box when using the BT Home Hub router, please visit the following link for more information: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46134
If you are having problems connecting your app to your Sky+HD box, please make sure that your Sky+HD box and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network. If you have a dual band router, the Sky box and your device must be on the same WiFi band. For more advice and information please visit our help forum at sky.com/skyplusapphelp or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re having issues with Remote Record or connecting the app to your Sky+HD box please visit our dedicated help pages;
You can also email us if you experience any problems. Our email address is email@example.com
Sky’s privacy notice explains how Sky uses your information. You can view this notice at: http://www.sky.com/privacy/
The terms and conditions reflect recent changes to the app. Please read them carefully before using the app.