Users on Android 4.4 and earlier: We have made some back-end changes for our mobile app, and devices on these versions are unable to support these improvements. Users with these devices will see an error when attempting to use the app – where possible we recommend that you update the version of Android on your device.
The YouView App gives you greater control of your YouView set top box while you’re out and about. From the palm of your hand you can scroll through the Guide that lists over 70 digital TV and radio channels and gives full programme information for the last and next seven days. And never miss your favourite shows again with the Record and Reminder functions.
• TV GUIDE: Your comprehensive list of everything that was, is and will be on. It stretches seven days into the future. Available programmes can be launched on demand* direct from your YouView App
• REMOTE RECORD: Record programmes or series to watch later with your YouView App. Ready to watch when you get home from your busy day
• MYTV: Access the full list of all your recordings and scheduled recordings and watch on demand, a selection of available programmes from BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My 5
• REMINDERS: Set yourself a programme reminder so you never miss your favourite show again
• SEARCH: Seek and you shall find with our simple, speedy search for programmes
• NOW AND NEXT: See which programmes are on Now and Next across all channels
• TV CATEGORIES: Get straight to what you want by browsing TV and radio programmes by genre
• PROGRAMME INFORMATION: Get more information on a programme and see which episodes are available to watch on demand
• BOOKINGS LIST: Check the status of your remote record requests
• CONNECT MULTIPLE DEVICES: Connect all your mobile devices with your YouView+ box so all the family can record on the go
*Selected programmes from the previous and next 7 days will be available to watch on demand
Mobile Devices: Compatible with Android devices running 4.1+ and above
The YouView App can be connected to YouView+ set-top boxes which are available subscription free from all major retailers or as part of a phone and broadband package from BT, TalkTalk and Plusnet.
Connecting the App to your YouView+ box:
• Download the App to your smart phone or tablet from Google Play
• Make sure your TV and YouView set-top box are switched on, and your smart phone or tablet is connected to the same network
• Press ‘Connect’ and your App will search for your YouView box
• When your YouView box is found simply hit ‘Next’. If you have multiple YouView boxes, follow the instruction on screen to select the box you want to connect to
• Pick up your remote control, confirm the connection and look at the App highlights while you wait to be connected
That’s it – device and box should become best of friends.
Remote recording requests should be set at least 15 minutes before the programme starts.
Please note your selected programme will be recorded if it does not clash with other recordings, and you have space available on your YouView+ box.
The YouView App is free, but mobile network and/or Wi-Fi charges may apply.
Use of the app is subject to our Application Terms and Conditions, which can be found at http://youview.com/terms-conditions/mobile-terms/
Please read these before using the App.