Here is a complete guide for students and professionals to learn spoken English through English syllabus (by students), master common English conversations (by all) and face interview questions (by professionals and especially by teachers).
Bengali medium students can now learn English through their syllabus contents as English CourseTutor teaches English syllabus of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) and Tripura Board of Secondary Education (TBSE). As a user you can:
• Download any chapter for the class you study in or any conversation or interview question that you may be asked as a professional
• Listen to the contents of the downloaded chapter/conversation/interview question as the text is pronounced by the software (Text-to-speech)
• Change the speed of pronunciation (slow, normal, fast)
• Magnify a word being pronounced (small to big)
• Speak, record and listen to your own pronunciation of a text
• Speak and compare your version with that of the software (Speech-to-Text)
• Know the meaning of a word in English (offline dictionary attached)
• Translate any word in the text into Bengali (online dictionary attached)
• Get notified when a new chapter is added/modified or a new version is released
• Remain offline (no internet needed) once a chapter is downloaded
A language is best learned by reading, listening and speaking. And when a syllabus chapter familiar to you is read out for you (Text-to-Speech), when you speak, record, listen and check your own pronunciations of a chapter text already known to you, when the meanings of its words are already explained by the software, then you are learning English better through your own syllabus. Hear English text, read English text, speak English text, know the text meanings and so this is how you learn English.
Spoken English is easier now. Speak English easily now. Learn common English conversations among friends and with common public. Know how to face interview questions with specific Do's and Dont's and sample answers. Read them and now that you know the meaning of the sentences, just practice again and again speaking your versions, keep recording them and go on comparing with the software pronunciation carefully time and again (Speech-to-Text). Learn to pronounce English sentences this way. Now try to speak the whole chapter/conversation/interview answer with a teacher or a friend or before a mirror. Once you are comfortable, try out an English sentence that is outside what you've learnt. You will find that your confidence in English speaking is growing. Your spoken English will improve definitely.
If you are already a teacher or a teacher about to face interviews, you will be benefited as student-teacher and parent-teacher conversations are included along with typical interview questions that a teacher might face. Besides, if you are a teacher, this software is a good aid to teaching the West Bengal Board English Course or Tripura Board English course in a class or at a coaching centre.
We suggest that if you are weak in Spoken English, just set the Magnify mode on with zoom, make the reading speed slow, and listen to your preferred text many times. This will make the app read out the text word by word and quite slowly for you to comprehend it and get accustomed. Additionally, you may download the free dictionary BAPPI from the Google Play Store and keep it open while running English CourseTutor. This will automatically show you offline the Bengali meaning of an English word that you copy in magnify mode of English CourseTutor.
Also learn English from Bengali through Abheda English, another unique free app from Abheda Foundation.
A Windows version of English CourseTutor is available at Abheda Foundation's website www.abhedafoundation.org.
To register yourself for a certificate course on Communicative English, just log in to abhedafoundation.org.
If you have any feedback to give, please send it to EnglishCourseTutor@gmail.com.