Home buying checklist app lets users create house feature and amenity checklist that will then be associated with any home they are interested in. As a first time home owner, the main problem I had when I was looking for a house was, I did not have a way to associate the features or amenities I had in mind for my new home to any house I was interested in. Simply, if you are looking to buy a home and want to be organized, this is the app for you and I hope it will solve that problem.
How to use
It is very easy to use. Here is how:
- Create a checklist for all the features and amenity your dream house must have.
- Create a property shortlist by adding any home you are interest in for future consideration.
- All features and amenities in checklist will be associated with each house in your property shortlist.
- Score acceptable or unacceptable on each house in your shortlist.
- Add any question you may have on each house in your shortlist.
- Add answers to questions in your shortlist respectively.
The app has three main sections namely buying tips, property checklist and property shortlist.
Buying a home is a complicated experience especially if you are a first time home buyer. The buying tips will help you ease stress level when you are in the market for a new house or in the process of buying your next home. Just to mention a few important home buying tips, below is a limited sample of covered topic:
- Types of mortgage loan.
- How to prepare for closing costs.
- How to find a real estate agent.
- How to get pre-approved for a loan.
As a new home owner, I knew what house features and amenities I needed when I was looking for a house. Property checklist is where you add all features and amenities your dream home must have. Each feature and amenity is important because:
- It is associated with each house in your property shortlist.
- Once associated, you can compare and rate acceptable or unacceptable.
- It will help you make a better decision before making an offer.
Property shortlist is where you add any house you are interested in for later consideration. Associated features and amenities will give you an opportunity to weed out any house that does not meet your need. Was the Olympic size swimming pool one of the house amenity you wanted? Take a long breath before you lose focus of what home feature or amenity you really need. Carefully evaluate each house against your checklist before make an offer. Extra feature or amenity may look good but it may not fit your budget.
Mortgage Calculator and Amortization
The mortgage calculator can calculate weekly, biweekly, or monthly mortgage payment. With or without down payment, property tax, private mortgage insurance or PMI, Home Owner's Association fees or HOA you can calculate mortgage payment from a mortgage loan with a fixed interest rate. The details section shows mortgage payment with or without property tax, PMI, HOA. Also, it shows how much money goes to principal and interest monthly with amortization schedule for the duration of the loan.