Create and share your very own text adventure. Interactive Story provides all the tools you need to create, test and publish your own interactive fiction. Share privately with your friends or publish to the world in the public library. Access to the library and the authoring tools is completely free.
Interactive Story also supports collaborative authoring. For fun or for education, the Interactive Story collaborative mode allows any number of individuals to add and modify their own actions, events and scenes to a story. The story development is automatically coordinated within the cloud. Each action and scene acknowledges the author and can be rated by the readership. Interactive Story offers a fresh approach to creative writing, making story telling a social engagement that is educational, challenging and fun.
The Interactive Story portal has four sections, the Editor, the Library, the Reader and the Collaboration.
- is designed to be used on any device regardless of screen size.
- uses a writers approach to Interactive Fiction. Think in terms of scenes with events with actions, where objects and items facilitate the the story progression.
- is tightly integrated with the full development life-cycle (write, test, review, publish and sell).
- is completely free form, there is no special syntax or style to learn.
- prompts you at each stage of the story development, just like playing a game.
- provides bookmarks that let you to test immediately from any scene.
- supports offline editing within your browser.
- allows export and import of story data as XML files.
- lets you publish to your own private online library, which you can download and edit from any other device.
- has a children's, teenager's, and mature section.
- lets you develop, collaborate and test your stories in your own private library.
- lets you publish and optionally sell in the public library.
- automatically organizes your collection into published, purchased and currently reading.
- automatically bookmarks your stories in the cloud - continue reading from one device to another.
- supports direct hyperlinks to any story, both public or private.
- automatically provides three levels of story interaction - normal, easy and casual.
- provides an automatic hint system built into each story.
- easily creates and stores bookmarks in the cloud.
- allows preview of the first 'n' scenes (if selling).
- optimized for use on all screen formats.
- optionally lets other readers export to the editor.
- provides a built in rating system for stories and individual scenes.
- write the opening scene(s) of your collaborative story and publish to your private library.
- invite your friends or school group to read and add to the story.
- other readers / co-authors can export directly from the reader to the editor and add new actions and scenes to the story.
- each author is in full control of their part of the narrative, authors can only change their own scenes and actions.
- every action in the story can be rated by the participants / readership.
- create open ended interactive virtual worlds through the power of words.
* Click on a sentence and the reading starts to plays at that location.
* Pause it and the word that is being read is selected.
* Touch a sentence punctuation mark and the sentence's translation is displayed.
This app is in beta and we appreciate your feedback.
"The Instrumental Alphabet" is a finger-snapping, toe-tapping introduction to A, B, C's. As they groove to the backbeat of some jazzy tunes, all musical friends from A to Z will take readers on a romping-stomping journey, and make an introduction to some of their heroes along the way. E like Ella, J like Jimmy and John – let's play and find out more about them.
Target audience: 4-10, enjoyed by all ages!
The rhythmic story is written by published author Vivien Kooper, designed and illustrated by Greg Carr and narrated by international music artist Chris Daniels.
Beautiful and entertaining art, music, narration and interactivity.
-Finger-snapping, toe-tapping introduction to the A,B,C's.
-Interaction with each letter, playing with musical notes and a wide array of different sounds.
-Enjoyable exposure to the letters, engaging music and beautiful illustrations.
-Children can move the musical notes easily or simply let the notes float freely following the device movement