Norton Family Premier (free 30-day trial)
• Keeps you in the know about which websites kids visit and helps avoid unsuitable content
• Helps you manage the time your kids spend on their Android devices
• Sends you an email when kids attempt to visit a blocked site
• Keeps you in the loop about where your kids are by letting you map the location of their Android device.*
• Lets you easily stay in the loop about your kids’ online activities from your Android™ mobile device, and adjust settings while you’re on the go
• Shows which apps your kids have downloaded and lets you choose which apps they can use, including YouTube and Facebook.
• Lets you keep an eye on your kids’ SMS text conversations, including what’s said and who they can text.*
• Shows you a 90-day history of what your kids do on their Android devices, allowing you to clearly spot trends and emerging habits.
• Gives you the option to receive detailed reports of what your kids are doing online, right in your inbox.
*Text message and location supervision not available for all countries.
SUPPORT FORUM > NORTON FAMILY
For feedback and suggestions, please visit our support forum:
INTERNET SAFETY FOR KIDS AND TEENS
Online safety is a growing concern for children and parents. Common threats regarding Internet family safety include: cyber bullying, obscene or offensive content, pornography, hateful messages, and sexual predators.
Children are naturally curious and may not always know when an online situation is unsafe. Fortunately, a parental control app like Norton Family can help monitor your child’s online activity.
TRUST NORTON BY SYMANTEC
Founded in 1982, Symantec is the global leader in providing security, storage, and systems management solutions. Norton is our flagship brand for antivirus, malware, and mobile security protection. Our family of apps provides solutions to your everyday mobile security needs. With more than 23 years of experience, trust Norton to keep your personal data safe.
Symantec respects the privacy of our users and carefully safeguards personal data.
For more information: https://onlinefamily.norton.com/familysafety/privacypolicy.fs
Here's a write-up on why we created this app - http://bit.ly/gl-res-why
We cover various topics like:
• Parenting tips and advice
• Solutions to different parenting challenges
• Useful apps for parents and children
• Cool videos
• Fun/creative ideas for parents and children
• Touching parenting stories
• and a lot more...
About Grand Legacy
At Grand Legacy, we are building products for parents - to solve the many challenges that come with the job description. From sharing your child's memories with your close ones to leveraging today's technology to help with your child's education, we are working on some very interesting initiatives. Want to know more? Request an invite from our website or send us a tweet (@grand_legacy).
Credits: Dr. Nivedita
Parenting Tips. Being a parent or guardian is hard work. To help you raise happy, healthy kids, follow the tips in this application.
Good parenting tips...what`s that? I have learnt many things in my life that have made me wiser but I was never really taught about these good tips. We inspire co-operation, reduce family conflicts and sibling rivalry, and make your home a sanctuary with our free Compassionate Parent
Parenting (or child rearing) is the process of promoting and supporting the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual development of a child from infancy to being adult.
Parenting is one of the most interesting and rewarding experiences of our life. So we need to spend considerable time preparing to bring our children into the world. Indeed, raising children today is arguably challenging than ever before. It is therefore justifiable on their part to be well versed with the latest trends, gadgets and wares that one needs to be equipped with to be a 'good' parent. Besides fulfilling the primary requirements that child needs, which is, love, care, food, clothes and shelter a good parent will help the child to succeed in life.
This application is developed by Empowered Life sessions.
Website at www.empoweredlifessions.com
Credits: Dr. Nivedita
SafeKiddo app protects your child on your home network, on public WiFi networks and on 3G, 4G or LTE mobile networks.
* Access to specific content on the Web depends on the age of the child –categories are predefined and customized to the child's age but remain easy to modify by parents who best know their kid;
* Customizable time for surfing the Web for each day of the week;
* Blocking access to any website on the Internet – regardless of whether its content falls within the parameters allowed for your child's age group;
* Possibility to remotely modify the rules defined for the child – no need to enter them on your child's mobile or smartphone;
* Reports detailing the child's activity on the Web e.g. categories of websites visited, time spent on the Internet, blocked websites;
* Notifications of any attempts to enter restricted websites by the child.
If you want to share your opinions or comments with us, please send them to email@example.com
It now has a real game console, available at will, at any time.
Now the problem with you is this, how to control your child or teen does not misuse or times of day that are not appropriate.
Parental controls allow you to set the time in the week where he can fully utilize his camera, and other times when certain features or applications are blocked. You can also set the schedule in the periods during which he can not call or receive calls or SMS.
Parental control can be used to prevent your child to use his laptop while his hours, or even after a certain time limit calls or SMS exchanges.
The application settings allow you to define a list of applications that remain available, as well as the functionality of the device you want to enable or disable (Wifi, Data, complete shutdown of the network).
Parental control does not require any subscription.
We recommend that you install foremost free trial version limited to 14 days to check the compatibility of your device with the application.
If you encounter problems when using our application thank you contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: child, adolescent, blocking applications, schedule.
- Recipe Box: Syncs with your Allrecipes Recipe Box! Recipes feature step by step instructions, home cook reviews with awesome tips, photos, nutrition and more.
- Videos: More than a thousand mobile-friendly recipe videos with step-by-step cooking instructions.
- Seasonal Recipes: Get inspired by special seasonal recipes that change daily.
- Shopping List: Add recipes or ingredients to your shopping list, and cross them off at the store.
- Sharing: Write reviews, add photos, pin, post, text, and email your cooking victories.
- Super Search: Search by dietary need, cooking time, and even the ingredients you do and don't want. Or, use Dinner Spinner (phone only) to shake things up!
Last but not least, a fun new look and feel!
There is also now a pro version with many more quotes, no ads, and an updated UI with more background choices.
- Large number of quotes
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, SMS, email and all your social apps
- Great search feature, search by quotes and authors
- Swipe to quickly view quotes
- Save your favorite quotes for later viewing
- Widgets allow you to display a new quote every day on your homescreen
- Personalize - Fully control the look of your application. Customize background image, font colors, size and appearance, and even control transparency
- Set how often quotes are displayed on widgets (e.g., hourly, daily, etc.)
- Choose order of quotes - alphabetical or random
- Copy Quote and paste into all your applications
Contact me directly from within application with your great ideas to make application better, or with any gripes!
Some of the topics include: children, caring, love, relationships, guidance, direction, challenges, joy, sleep deprivation, morals, friendship, responsibility, parental involvement, education, obedience, mothers, fathers, and money.
Locking of your child's device can be performed instantly or on a scheduled basis.
Additional features allow you to locate your child's device, view internet history, view Google search terms and also view installed applications.
After registration, you can also perform all actions via the web portal located at http://www.parentalkontrol.com/signin
Enjoy a 48hour free trial! Then its only 99c for unlimited usage. One single payment for unlimited parent and child installations.
Visit our site http://www.parentalkontrol.com
This free app, with in app purchases of your choice, comes loaded with learning games that will help you implement these concepts without missing a beat. With virtues such as kindness, honesty, believing the best and courage, you’ll find this to be an amazing resource.
The Proactive Parenting app also gives you the ability to print to an Air-Print equipped printer or just enjoy the ability to have it with you where you go on your mobile devices.
You can distribute the work to your family members ; this will promote a feeling of unity and relatedness to each other .
Let your child also participate in these activities , letting him do things on his own will develop a sense of responsibility and self worth in your child .
Allow your child to choose his preference , tell him that he would be responsible for that work .
After the work is done , point out the faults and tell him about the scope of improvement , and at the same time praise them wholeheartedly .
It is important for the child to feel needed and heard .
Try to explain to your child the importance of work and its efficient completion .
To develop team spirit , set deadlines for them and show them that their ill performance would affect everybody else in the family .
Make sure that you work together with your spouse to set good examples for your children .
Let him express his opinion about the chores .
Make a chart of the child ’s accomplishments - If you feel that you have to remind several times to your child to do a certain work then a take steps forward and make a chore chart .
It means writing the work that he is supposed to do this week , it can include cleaning the room , yard work , taking out garbage , etc .
all you have to do is put a check mark once the assigned work of the day is done .
At the end of the week the chore chart would say about the performance of the child .
It would be inspiring for both of you .
And the child will feel accomplished Rewarding your child for the work is very important , although the feeling of successfully completing his assigned work is not equal to anything else , but as a parent you should set rewards for your child .
You can reward him by giving him pocket money for a week or anything else .
If you decide to reward monetarily be sure that the money is age appropriate .
You can also set two hours of video game or their favorite cartoon movie at weekends .
Regardless of the method , make sure that your child learns that certain things nice done will earn him his favorite food or movie .
Get rid of the thumb sucking : Thumb sucking is very calming and soothing for your child and as they have been doing it in the womb too , it is very relaxing and comforting for them .
They may suck thumb when they feel nervous , agitated , scared , ill or sleepy .
If your child has this habit , wait for this habit to go away on its own .
As children grow up they find different other ways to calm and relieve themselves , so don ’t start nagging them , let them learn themselves .
However , after a certain age , if you still feel that the child is not getting rid of it , try to calm them by distracting them or offering them other alternatives .
If you start punishing them or nagging them again and again they might feel uncomfortable .
So first of all make sure when and what situations trigger his habit of thumb sucking , is it when he wants to sleep or watching television .
Then , according to the situation offer alternative help , like if the child sucks his thumb to lull him to sleep offer him a toy or read him a story and so on .
Parents should not be very concerned about this habit if the child is too young .
Experts say that once the child has his permanent set of teeth , i .
around six years then it is a cause of worry .
It is also important to notice that how does your child suck his thumb , does he just put his thumb in his mouth passively or does he suck it aggressively .
If he uses the latter technique , it can harm his teeth as the tongue thrusts deforms teeth and make braces necessary .
So observe your child ’s technique and start curbing the habit as soon as possible .
Parental Control offers:
- Limits usage to appropriate time frames.
- Safeguards against potentially harmful influences including bullies, sexual predators, and criminals.
- Provides insight to quickly address unhealthy behaviors such as drug abuse, depression, or poor social choices.
- Contact Rules (white-list & block specific contacts)
- Insightful Reports about potential teen issues
- Behavior Change Reports to monitor results
Standard and Premium versions are available and both use the same application on your child's phone.
Premium fees are $14.99/month per family or Standard fees are $9.99/month per family.
Visit http://parentalcontrols.bluegrasscellular.com/ for more information. Sign up today for a FREE 14 day trial of Parental Control PREMIUM. No credit card required.
Parenting Today’s Teens addresses topics that are relevant to today’s teen culture, Biblical in nature, and practical in application to prepare both parent and child for the adolescent years.
Topics address such issues as “Parent Roles in Teen Dating”, “Hope of Restoration”, “Blended Families”, “Rules and Grace”, and “Faith and Parenting.”
Programs feature special guests such as James MacDonald, Tim Kimmel, and Deedee Mayer, and all programs are hosted by teen expert Mark Gregston and radio veteran Wayne Shepherd.
After you’ve downloaded and enjoyed the content, you can share it with your friends via Twitter, Facebook, or email.
For more information about Parenting Today's Teens, please visit:
The Parenting Today's Teens App was created with the Subsplash App Platform.
App: © 2014 Subsplash, Content: © 2014 Heartlight Ministries
As a clinical psychologist with many years of experience, I am familiar with the issues that parents face. I also have observed what strategies work.
I follow the latest research and my solutions come from a mix of clinical experience, up to date evidence and my own personal insights as a mother.
As a parent, you will find this a valuable and helpful resource. I recommend that you download it now.
Version 1.1 features an improved user interface and improved layouts for tablets.
☆ Automatically block texting and calling during school and after bedtime
☆ Get daily updates about when and how often your kids call and text
☆ Block texts, calls and apps on the spot with a single click
☆ See who your kids have been calling and texting
☆ See what apps your kids have been downloading
Your child will always be able to receive calls or texts from you, and can always dial 911 in case of emergency.
TRY IT FREE
Download includes a FREE15-day trial for each phone you add to your account. After the trial period, $4.99/month will be charged to your Sprint bill for each phone you’ve added.
Tags: parental controls, block texting, block calls, phone limits
QualityTime offers a unique and in-depth analysis of your phone usage. The app provides the ability to curb your habits by setting your own time restrictions like ‘alerts’ and ‘take a break’ actionable features to help you manage and control your usage when needed. You can also connect to the Internet of Things (IoT) to set alerts that tell you when you are overusing your phone!
If you create a QualityTime account, you will be able to see detailed device usage history for up to 6 months, and the usage information will be securely backed-up in the Cloud.
Your Smartphone Timeline:
• Smartphone usage activities log displayed as a fun, visually engaging and easy-to-navigate “timeline”. Scroll up and down to view timeline activities from morning to night. Swipe left & right to navigate to view different dates.
Discover Your Smartphone Habits:
• Daily and Weekly Usage summary of your top apps with time spent on each app and number of times accessed - your “digital diet”.
• Zoom in to hourly usage view for the selected date.
• Tap any app to track app-specific usage history pattern by time or access frequency.
• Customize and exclude tracking by apps; pause tracking at anytime.
• Share my top apps feature.
Manage Your Digital Diet:
• Create device usage alert and app usage alert (e.g. addicted social or games app) .
• Define your own QualityTime Profiles to customize your “Take a Break” (restrict access to your phone).
• Plan your “Take a Break” in advanced (Scheduled Breaks).
• IFTTT (ifttt.com/qualitytime) support to provide valuable if-this-then-that recipes that lets you set personalized alerts with your favorite online services or Internet of Things (IoT) when you exceed your device usage limit.
Please report any feedback, feature requests or suggestions to email@example.com. We will continue to provide updates and enhancements based on your feedback to make this app even more awesome.
QualityTime is a registered trademark of ZeroDesktop Inc.
"The app is the simplest solution you’ll find for parents who want to give their kids time-outs from their phones & tablets." - Lifehacker
DinnerTime Parental Control in “20 of the best Android apps from June.” - The Guardian
"Hot tech life hacks to make the most of summer." - USA Today
"Parents struggling to get their children away from smartphones and tablets for meals, homework, exercise and other activities can arm themselves with new apps to remotely block access to the devices." - Reuters
The DinnerTime app gives parents the ability to easily lock and unlock their child’s Android tablet or smartphone, without intrusive controls, no matter where they are. Attention that normally would be on an electronic device is now refocused to the family encouraging more quality time.
The app works from the parent’s phone (Android or iPhone) to link up to two kids' Android devices:
Watch short tutorial on how to setup DinnerTime: http://youtu.be/2GDgJRRv3b8
1. Instant blocking:
*Dinner Time Break* - pauses any activity for any set time, up to 2 hours.
*Take a Break* - pauses any activity for any set time, up to 24 hours.
2. Bed Time control: set a start and end time to pause any activity while in Bed Time mode. This still allows kids to access their alarm clock.
3. Enhanced Lock feature: optional blocking feature for parents to provide the highest level of restriction control. When ‘enhanced lock feature’ is turned ON, the child’s device will be completely locked with no access to any apps including incoming phone calls while restrictions are enforced.
4. Add a second parent: share the DinnerTime parental control with another parent by linking to their phone.
5. Parent notification: notify parents if unusual child’s device activities are detected to give parents peace of mind.
During these “break” times the child’s ability to use their device - everything from apps to the Internet to texting and calling friends - is temporarily disabled, only incoming calls are allowed while you spend quality time together. Kids can even see the countdown of how much time remains before they are able to access their device again, without any distractions from schoolwork, spending time with the family, or even getting to bed on time.
If you need to manage more than 2 devices or look for extra features such as usage time, time limit to device or individual specific app, please refer our DinnerTime Plus app for both devices.
As DinnerTime is cloud-enabled you can use all of the parent’s phone features described above from any location, whether that be in the supermarket, or if your child is at a friend’s house.
Supported languages include English, Chinese, Portuguese and Korean with more coming.
(* Separately, we made an app called "DinnerTime Plus" for parents who want to monitor and control their kids use own Android smartphone or Tablet. Please check DinnerTime or DinnerTime Plus *)
The MiiPC Parental Control app allows parents to remotely monitor, manage and control their children’s online & local activities on a MiiPC device.
Help keep your children safe and eliminate everyday hassles by defining who gets to use the MiiPC device at what time and specifying the apps & content that your child can access on their MiiPC device. You can set guidelines for your child’s MiiPC device activities and get real-time monitoring as they use MiiPC.
>> Remotely Monitor & control your children’s activities on MiiPC with the MiiPC Parental Control mobile app
>> Real-time stats on which child is currently logged in to the MiiPC device, what app they are currently using on the MiiPC device and a history of their activities.
>> Take immediate actions to enforce restrictions and time limits for children on the MiiPC device
>> Manage multiple children & multiple MiiPC devices from different locations
>> Set time limits for 'addictive’ apps and websites
>> Set device usage daily time limits for each child
>> Extensive reporting & analysis for each child for each MiiPC device
The MiiPC Media Client is also a WebDAV client which can be used to manage files and folders on WebDAV servers (local and remote) or popular cloud services that offer WebDAV connections such as Box, 4shared and Cubby.
- Scan and auto-detect available MiiPC Media Server or other local WebDAV servers - Seamlessly browse files hosted by WebDAV servers and MiiPC Media Server
- Stream video and music from remote WebDav servers or MiiPC Media Server
- View images and documents (pdf, doc) inline
- Create new folders, upload new files to WebDAV servers or MiiPC Media Server
- Delete files or folders in WebDAV servers or MiiPC Media Server
- Connect to popular Cloud services which provide WebDAV connections such as Box, 4shared, Cubby and Dropbox (via dropdav.com)