Search and Rescue Operation Manager (SAROM) is complex software for managing search and rescue operation. It consist of 2 applications:
1, SAROM Commander available as website on www.sarom.sk
2, SAROM Operator (this application)
SAROM utilize smartphone GPS and 2G/3G/4G internet connection, but is also able to work without connection and synchronize data after internet connection is again available. For offline map use you can preload and cache data.
Main features of SAROM Commander are:
- data connection indication
- maintaining search and rescue operations on google map
- creating and assigning sectors to operator
- displaying operators position
- displaying operators route, also animation of the progress (how operator walked in time)
- distance, area measurement tools
- marker tool enables to set exact location
Main features of SAROM Operator are:
- data connection indication, offline data synchronization
- displaying sectors
- marking sector as ACTIVE and CLEAR, undo actions
- displaying my position, ability to get LAT and LNG (commander can create marker with this data - f.e. in case of lost connection) and also indicating line of sight (compass functionality)
- displaying other operators position, marking as obsolete if they lost connection
- displaying my route
- playing warning sound when leaving active sector
SAROM was created by search and rescue team of K-9 Training Center Slovakia with programming help from GMM company.
Important privacy warning:
SAROM stores some sensitive data about you (name, cell-phone number, and your location). This is for the purpose of search and rescue operation only and this data are visible only to commander and other operators assigned to the operation. Data are transferred to secured server via secure SSL connection and are not visible to any 3rd party.